GFA Arms Tech - Natick

Bought a new gun there today. I wish I had asked the price over the phone before going there. They charged extreme net list price and the price he told me he paid for it was what other dealers were selling it for retail.

In today's market this sort of thing can actually happen. If other dealers were selling it for less, why did you buy it from GFA?

Bought a new gun there today. I wish I had asked the price over the phone before going there. They charged extreme net list price and the price he told me he paid for it was what other dealers were selling it for retail.

Harvey,

It is your responsibilty to inquire on the price of an item before you travel great distance to purchase it. Let us be candid and share with the forum that you came in, stated that you wanted the firearm and I proceeded to conduct a background check and MIRCS paperwork. After that work was completed and the pistol was wrapped up, you were unhappy with the $399 purchase price. We then cheerfully cancelled the sale and you left. After 10 minutes you returned, and stated that you DID want the gun. Another session of MIRCS and away you went. I don't know what "extreme net list price" is exactly, but Ruger MSRP for the SR22 is the $399 you were charged. A brief look online at Gander Mountain shows their price at $369. Bud's sells theirs for $349. Factor in shipping ($20) and FFL transfer fee ($25-$50) and you've got your $399 price, or more. When you backed out of the sale after all my work and time, there were no hard feelings. When you came back and changed your mind and I did the work again there were no hard feelings. Your neglecting to ask the price of something you intend to purchase until after you've purchased it is not our fault. You were free to decline the sale twice if that's what you wanted.

Last edited:
I've had great dealings with GFA. I wanted a shotgun package, went in to see them on a friends recommendation, told them what I was looking for. They said sure, we can order it but if I did it thru their website link I would save a few bucks and have it just as fast. Said thank you very much, went home, ordered it, 2 days later they gave me a call it was ready to be picked up. Went it, paperwork done in no time, was a perfect transaction. Couldn't ask for better. Sure got some nice firearms up on those there walls as well! Green card, Green card, wherefore art thou Green card!

Greg's prices are very fair. I have bypassed other shops along the way to make the drive to Greg multiple times.

Seems like Greg offered you a way to get out of the transaction twice man. You still made the purchase. No need to whine, just enjoy your new purchase [mg]

No hard feelings. It was my fault, not yours. You know I did not travel a "great distance" I arrived less than 30 minutes after I spoke to you on the phone and told you how you were the closest gun dealer to my home. I somehow assumed that all local dealers sold items at approximately the same price. I saw this gun at Four Seasons last week for $299 and at Collectors for $315. I bought a couple other guns but had not yet decided on getting this one. Frankly, when you told me $399 I was surprised. Since you told me that you paid $309 for it I somehow found that difficult to believe but then maybe all dealers do not pay the same price. Since I was already there and troubled you I decided to give you the sale because as I said, it was not your fault and would rather buy from a local small business. I asked if you had Federal Champion bulk .22 ammo which I usually buy in a box of 525 for $20. I was told "yes", $30 for 500. When I agreed to buy some, I was presented with some other brand, 400 per box for $30. You wanted to discuss this personal experience here so I explained my experience. As a customer I simply shared my experience with your business as one who charges more than I expected. I bought from you anyway regardless of your price. You had the item I wanted and I bought it from you. I did not buy the ammo for obvious reasons. Folks, this was my experience with GFA ArmsTec. Again, no hard feelings. I got what I wanted, I just paid more.

Harvey,

It is your responsibilty to inquire on the price of an item before you travel great distance to purchase it. Let us be candid and share with the forum that you came in, stated that you wanted the firearm and I proceeded to conduct a background check and MIRCS paperwork. After that work was completed and the pistol was wrapped up, you were unhappy with the $399 purchase price. We then cheerfully cancelled the sale and you left. After 10 minutes you returned, and stated that you DID want the gun. Another session of MIRCS and away you went. I don't know what "extreme net list price" is exactly, but Ruger MSRP for the SR22 is the $399 you were charged. A brief look online at Gander Mountain shows their price at $369. Bud's sells theirs for $349. Factor in shipping ($20) and FFL transfer fee ($25-$50) and you've got your $399 price, or more. When you backed out of the sale after all my work and time, there were no hard feelings. When you came back and changed your mind and I did the work again there were no hard feelings. Your neglecting to ask the price of something you intend to purchase until after you've purchased it is not our fault. You were free to decline the sale twice if that's what you wanted.

Wow Greg! you have a lot of patience, you need to put up a sign on the front door, no idiots allowed.

Todays priceing !!! As a dealer I got a call from my one of my vendors Friday = he wanted to

know if I want to buy any FNH scar 17s's - I asked how much - My COST WAS UP 50% - that would

translate to you the customer of an increase of about 80%.

I did not buy into it and told him to move on to the next one on his list,

Fred

know if I want to buy any FNH scar 17s's - I asked how much - My COST WAS UP 50% - that would

translate to you the customer of an increase of about 80%.

If the dealer pricing is increased 50%, and the dealer passes through an increase of 80%, it means the dealer is adding a 60% markup to the increase. The market may indeed command such a markup, but it's not mathematically sound to observe that a 50% cost increase results in an 80% retail increase without concurrently acknowledging that each chain is marking to market, not just doing cost pass-thru.

Even a corresponding shop price increase of 50% would result in a markup increase of 50% in terms of absolute dollars.

But, market, and not costs, determine price.

Last edited:
If you can get it, it has gone up in price. We were able to sorce some AR lower receiver forgings. We will be machining these soon, however the price has gone up and we have to pass the incerase along. So our last run of loweres sold for $125.00 and this run has gone up to $150.00. If we can get some more bolt carrier groups and if we do it will only be a small quantity the retail will go from the current $140.00 to around $195.00 due to the cost increase. BCG's are on a course to be on back order for two years once current availability is gone. Carbine gas tubes may be on back order even longer.

Will be heading there in a weeks time...hopefully they still have some of that good inventory.

Been there twice...far for me, but cool place and both guys I interacted with were great.

I stopped in today just to check things out and on the off chance that there may be an AK hanging around. No dice on the latter, but I did walk out with a good deal on a j-frame. Great service and turnaround despite a steady flow of customers and phone calls. I look forward to stopping back in when this awb bs blows over!

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys down at GfaArmsTec in Natick for the quick service today!

Thanks Jay, Mike, and Greg for hooking me up with my first gun of the new year!

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys down at GfaArmsTec in Natick for the quick service today!

Thanks Jay, Mike, and Greg for hooking me up with my first gun of the new year!

I thought that may be you DRFTraining. I saw you there around 2 pm today with the sticker on your truck but wasnt sure. Wished I had said hi.

Want to stop by this thursday or saturday...much there in terms of Ak's?

Gotta blow some money on a new toy. They usually have some cool looking stuff

If you can get it, it has gone up in price. We were able to sorce some AR lower receiver forgings. We will be machining these soon, however the price has gone up and we have to pass the incerase along. So our last run of loweres sold for $125.00 and this run has gone up to $150.00. If we can get some more bolt carrier groups and if we do it will only be a small quantity the retail will go from the current $140.00 to around $195.00 due to the cost increase. BCG's are on a course to be on back order for two years once current availability is gone. Carbine gas tubes may be on back order even longer.

I thought this was a GFA review thread!

I was just at your sight and some of the "text areas" aren't filled in. Looks like you got the site from a template site.

I work in Sudbury/Natick.

Just picked up another toy from GFA Arms Tech, like always great fast service. Greg, and the guys are good people to deal with.

The STG-44 in 22LR, BY GSG.

Attachments

• F1ATGERGST44e.jpg
    F1ATGERGST44e.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 63
  • F1ATGERGST44d.jpg
    F1ATGERGST44d.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 65
That is pretty awesome. If you come thru this thread again, any Ak's in stock?

I feel badly emailing greg weekly to ask.

I did not see one when I was there, that is not to say he could have one now. He had a few FN-FAL ,that is a rifle that everyone should have on the need to own list.

Back
Top Bottom