Ft Hood Shooter is still alive

I would like to know how he came to do this. So much will come out in the investigation.

He will face justice when it is finally over.

Glad the sumbitch is still breathing (for now). Maybe we'll get some answers. I saw earlier that he'd been under investigation by the military for some anti-.gov comments. Will be interesting to see where this all leads.

Thoughts and prayers for all those poor souls and their families tonight. I can't even imagine.

This General Cone who gave the news conference at Ft Hood seemed pretty sharp.

Just shows the quality of people we have serving us and our country. These people are the best of the best, and need our support in more ways than a decal on your car.

Somehow, I hold the Army responsible for leaving everyone on post as vulnerable as lambs to slaughter with their no weapons policy.

Somehow, I hold the Army responsible for leaving everyone on post as vulnerable as lambs to slaughter with their no weapons policy.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I'm with you in that it's ridiculous our military bases are Gun Free Zones.

It's nothing less than stunning that the mind set is that troops are "safe" here in CONUS because it's not an active combat zone. Have we learned nothing in eight years? Any US military, government, or civilian facility of note is a target anytime, anywhere.

I understand, but detest, complacency among civilians here in the US itself, but I can't understand that among the government and military that is sworn to defend us. I don't blame individual soldiers, I blame the top leadership.

During World War II, when we were far less likely to be attacked within the US, the nation was more vigilant. Now, when terrorists have attacked the heart of the country, we, as a nation have decided that the conflict is "over there" somewhere and we are safe.

We're going to lose this war at this rate.

LEt's keep it on topic please w/o the insults.
Ah... I was wondering what happened to that thread between 6:20 when I left for Lodge and now.

I cannot find anything wrong with this... except, perhaps, the use of the word "somehow". [thinking] That statement works perfectly well like this:

I hold the Army responsible for leaving everyone on post as vulnerable as lambs to slaughter with their no weapons policy.

I don't disagree with you, but I think the Army dropped the ball long before when they KNEW he had made statements wishing Muslins to rise up against american "agressors" and he apparently drew the attention of authorities six months ago for posting on the internet his beleif that suicide bombers were equivilent in stature to a soldier jumping on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers.

Red flags were up. I think the PC nature of things today put fear in the higher-ups not to rock the boat with a disinfranchised Muslim Major.

We're going to lose this war at this rate.

We lost this war a long time ago.

In fact I believe the final nail in the coffin was when everyone went apesh*t when U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo said:

The host asked Tancredo, "Worst case scenario, if they do have these nukes inside the border, what would our response be?"

The congressman replied: "There are things you could threaten to do before something like that happens, and then you have to do afterwards, that are quite draconian."

"Well," Tancredo continued, "what if you said something like, 'If this happens in the United States and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you could take out their holy sites.'"

Campbell: "You're talking about bombing Mecca?"

Tancredo: "Yeah. What if you said, we recognize that this is the ultimate threat to the United States, therefore this is the ultimate response."

Personally, I hope the judge "forgets" about the 7th amendment when sentencing this guy. (yes, I think he deserves cruel and unusual punishment)

from yahoo news

"I was confused and just shocked," said Spc. Jerry Richard, 27, who works at the center but was not on duty during the shooting. "Overseas you are ready for it. But here you can't even defend yourself."

Soldiers at Fort Hood don't carry weapons unless they are doing training exercises.

It is time for the US to implode. Let weak nations form around the weaklings and strong nations form around the strong.

Back
Top Bottom