Ft Hood Shooter is still alive

You cant carry personally owned firearms while on duty or in an official capacity. Only government owned ones. So the guys at the SRC or on base during duty hours unless having the day off would still be unable to carry POWs.

+1 And I honestly don't see that policy ever changing.

+1 And I honestly don't see that policy ever changing.

Yup. There is already a much higher percentage of DA police/ MPs on military installations, compounded with the contracted entry control. And unless a soldier is in the law enforcement MOSes they have no law enforcement powers.

Yup. There is already a much higher percentage of DA police/ MPs on military installations, compounded with the contracted entry control. And unless a soldier is in the law enforcement MOSes they have no law enforcement powers.

Having pushed some cooks through rifle qual, I'm not sure I'd want them opening up in a close confrontation if you know what I mean. [shocked]

Having pushed some cooks through rifle qual, I'm not sure I'd want them opening up in a close confrontation if you know what I mean. [shocked]

Ran a SRM course for a support unit, holy shit glad I brought my plate carrier that day, who would of thought shooting 50m and in was so challenging. I think it was on par with some of the Iraqi Army. Your right, I wouldnt want them laying hate and discontent in a readiness center.

Wile I'm sure there's more than one reason this idiot did what he did, I'd wager a paycheck that religion had a lot to do with it.

In a way I'm glad he's still sucking air. I hope his injuries are debilitating and that he can't even look after his own hygiene. Then I hope he becomes trapped in a grease fire.

first he will be facing a military tribunal cuz it happened on a military base, JAG will be judging him but he will most definitely get the death penalty unless they find him insane, even if they do find him insane and keep him alive they can learn alot from a radical muslim. i really hope they give him the military firing squad.

My predictions of what we will hear..

1) He will be painted as the victim of harrassment,due to being Muslim.

2) He will claim PTSD by proxy because of all the soldiers he treated returning from war.

3) He was a good American,that just snapped.

4) The media will keep covering this to take attention away from the health care bill being voted on under the cover of media darkness(Saturday)

5) This whole thing could have been avoided if the American people were more tolerant of other races and religions.

6) You will rarely hear the word terrorist or Muslim regarding this POS.

This whole things sickens me..We can't do what needs to be done do to political correctness.

Some of this has already started. I heard #1 this morning.

My predictions of what we will hear..

1) He will be painted as the victim of harrassment,due to being Muslim.

2) He will claim PTSD by proxy because of all the soldiers he treated returning from war.

3) He was a good American,that just snapped.

4) The media will keep covering this to take attention away from the health care bill being voted on under the cover of media darkness(Saturday)

5) This whole thing could have been avoided if the American people were more tolerant of other races and religions.

6) You will rarely hear the word terrorist or Muslim regarding this POS.

This whole things sickens me..We can't do what needs to be done do to political correctness.

Really,when was the last time a Muslim officer of the US Army opened fire on a bunch of unarmed troops on a military base in the US ?

Win. I wish you were wrong, but you got full marks for this one.

Listen to Laura Ingraham on WRKO this morning She has it right!1 It was a terrorist act and the President gave shout out to his "homies" at a speech shortly after it was known.

What a boob he is!

What kills me is that this incident is going to give the antis loads of traction.

It's one thing for someone to do this at a school or other well known gun-free zone. But to do it on an Army base, where all the sheeple imagine trained soldiers walking around armed to the teeth, is another thing altogether.

Here's how they'll spin it (and people will buy this):

"Handguns need to be banned NOW! They're not useful for hunting. They were designed for one purpose only - To kill people. Handguns are so readily available and dangerous that a terrorist that was already being watched by officials was able to get a handgun and shoot over 40 armed soldiers on an Army base! None of us or our children are safe while handguns are legal."

The guy is just a random nut or at most a ruse. If you have control of a Major in the US army why would you use it for something this pointless? You have a mole that could cause major damage to the US military (like going boom at the O-club) and you just use him up like that? Come on, the enemy is evil not stupid. I doubt he's anything more than a loan nut, not all that dissimilar to the Vtech shooter.

When the hell did we stop personnel from carrying on the base? The liberal fear of fire arms has made people squirrel poop crazy! I'm not sure I want everyone on a base to carry for reason listed earlier but if you qualify what logical reason is there to prohibit it. Especially given the fact that they didn't do shit to prevent him from bringing a weapon on base.

What kills me is that this incident is going to give the antis loads of traction.

It's one thing for someone to do this at a school or other well known gun-free zone. But to do it on an Army base, where all the sheeple imagine trained soldiers walking around armed to the teeth, is another thing altogether.

"Handguns need to be banned NOW! They're not useful for hunting. They were designed for one purpose only - To kill people. Handguns are so readily available and dangerous that a terrorist that was already being watched by officials was able to get a handgun and shoot over 40 armed soldiers on an Army base! None of us or our children are safe while handguns are legal."

It was a gun-free zone according to the FoxNews.com article. Guns are not carried in the building where the carnage took place.

The guy is just a random nut or at most a ruse. If you have control of a Major in the US army why would you use it for something this pointless? You have a mole that could cause major damage to the US military (like going boom at the O-club) and you just use him up like that? Come on, the enemy is evil not stupid. I doubt he's anything more than a loan nut, not all that dissimilar to the Vtech shooter.

Interesting enough, this guy graduated from VA Tech in 1997, from what media reports have indicated...

Wow. You're channeling my wife. I've heard this almost verbatim from her even before this.

It was a gun-free zone according to the FoxNews.com article. Guns are not carried in the building where the carnage took place.

Yeah. I know that, but the average sheeple is going to assume the opposite is true, and the antis are going to encourage that view.

Can someone with military experience explain why at the very least, COs cannot carry weapons? Why in the HELL is a military base Gun Free? If you have been trained, there is no reason why you cannot carry.

I finally hope the sheepole realize how helpful a "Gun Free Zone" is to a maniac jihadist terrorist bastard. This is a complete waste of lives and could have been avoided. [sad2]

We need to give some thought to the way Israeli Military operate. They carry their weapons everywhere at all times, empty chamber but ready to go in a moment.

At least allow officers to carry their service weapons while on duty.

Very sad.

[halfmast]

So much for the comments from the lefties all the time that only the police and military should carry weapons![sad]

FORT HOOD, Texas – Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire, the base commander said Friday.

From: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_shooting

I've reached the tipping point. It isn't time to ban guns, it's time to ban Islam. Deport them all unless they can prove, with references, that they personally oppose the hate-mongering imams. Close and bulldoze every mosque that engages in anti-American preaching.

Islam must become a Darwinian dead-end in the history of civilization, because it's doing its best to ensure that the rest of us become one.

If this writer is correct there will be plenty more to come

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/a_more_likely_scenario.html

Email Friend | Print Article | | Share Share

November 06, 2009
A More Likely Scenario
By Andie Brownlow
The shooting on Nov. 5th in Fort Hood may be indicative of similar attacks to come. The shooter carried out an attack on specifically outbound soldiers for deployment at the Soldier Readiness Center. Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, was raised as a Muslim and opposed to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The fact that he chose to kill or maim over 40 US soldiers rather than go to war against Muslim jihadists is indicative of another motive. Explaining away this massacre as a conflict of conscience seems to be an oxymoron. Looking past the incident as a singular event you'll find a very different, possible reason for the attack.

According to a Nov. 4th Stratfor report, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader, Nasir al-Wahayshi, wrote an article last week in an online magazine, Sada al-Malahim (The Echo of the Battle). In it he called for jihadists to conduct easy attacks on targets in Egypt, Saudi Arabia Yemen as well as in Western Nations "at war with Islam". They were to use easily accessible weapons and explosives and to not "waste a lot of time finding the materials..." The way in which this information was disseminated is just as telling as the article itself. According to the global intelligence source, Stratfor:

That al-Wahayshi gave these instructions in an internet magazine distributed via jihadist chat rooms, not in some secret meeting with his operational staff, demonstrates that they are clearly intended to reach grassroots jihadists -- and are not intended as some guidance for AQAP members.

In another Stratfor report from June of 2006 called, "Al Qaeda: The Next Phase of Evolution" it was suggested that the rise of local, unaffiliated terror cells are becoming the most effective form of guerilla warfare. Al Qaeda is morphing into something similar to a "pre-9/11 Operation Model". It relies on grassroots elements that "think globally and act locally". Stratfor calls this the "4.0 Operation Model" in which it can:

...Entail more sophisticated levels of coordination -- and the possibility of simultaneous strikes against geographically diverse targets (for instance London, Toronto and New York). Previously, such a feat could only have been accomplished by the core al Qaeda organization. For a grassroots network to accomplish that feat, without direct involvement from the central leadership, would represent a generational leap forward in jihadist operations.

Terror cells aren't the only form of recent jihadist activity and roadside IEDs aren't the only form of explosives for these new attacks. In Nasir al-Wahayshi's article last week, he cited an incident a few weeks ago where an assassin wore a small IED in his anal cavity in an attack on Saudi Deputy Interior Minister Prince Mohammed bin Nayef. This was a new, unsuspected form of suicide bombing. It was unsuccessful in killing the target, only slightly injuring him; but this method proved to be effective against detection.

Also in the article, al-Wahayshi mentioned a specific amount of explosives that could be made from household items, suggesting similar IEDs could be improvised. Grassroots jihadists may also be interpreting attacks to be suicide bombings on individual targets as well as in geographical locations.

Whether Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan acted out of insanity or some bizarre moral dilemma, he conducted an attack on US soil of a terrorist nature. Americans need to become more vigilant since we are more vulnerable to attack from jihadists now than ever.

Terror cells will be even harder to prevent as new grassroots jihadists do not need to communicate directly with a central authority. They now get their information from websites and take cues to from leadership messages published on them. There will be less chatter to monitor because these groups will find each other locally and keep their operations small and low-key.

Now is the time for our current government to become pro-active in thwarting terrorist plots. Being reactionary just won't cut it anymore. The fact that the Obama Administration renamed the "War on Terror" to the "Overseas Contingency Plan" highlights just how off base they are on the threat our country now faces.

Our intelligence agencies also need to be allowed to do their job without fear of persecution. Nancy Pelosi's shameful display of classic CYA against the CIA doesn't give the FBI much incentive to help conduct domestic surveillance on these new groups.

My prediction on the matter is that the issue will be resolved only as "a US soldier carried out the Fort Hood attack" and let the assumptions about a violent soldier fall where they may. For this Administration and their cronies it's a lot more convenient than fulfilling one of the only stated responsibilities of our Federal Government.

Andie Brownlow blogs at AndieBrownlow.com

Sources:

From: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_shooting

I've reached the tipping point. It isn't time to ban guns, it's time to ban Islam. Deport them all unless they can prove, with references, that they personally oppose the hate-mongering imams. Close and bulldoze every mosque that engages in anti-American preaching.

Islam must become a Darwinian dead-end in the history of civilization, because it's doing its best to ensure that the rest of us become one.

Careful about that.. remember we asked for similar things last time Islamic terrorists struck, and we got what we asked for. Now *we* are the ones in the crosshairs as "Potential Domestic Terrorists".

Government tends to give you what you ask for.. just not what you want. I'm not saying your sediments are 100% wrong.. I'm just saying that it is much better to remove a tumor with a razor or laser than a broadsword.

Now is the time for our current government to become pro-active in thwarting terrorist plots. Being reactionary just won't cut it anymore. The fact that the Obama Administration renamed the "War on Terror" to the "Overseas Contingency Plan" highlights just how off base they are on the threat our country now faces.

This speaks volumes. In addition, it was said earlier that Islam is the problem and I felt it might be an unfair stretch to generalize that much. I am not there yet, but am re-thinking my position on that.

Well, I think a lot of that is going to be washed away by the reaction against Islam. Whether for right or for wrong, the anti-muslim sentiment may be a bigger story and create more fear than the anti-gun factor. In a way it could be the saving grace here. And I can even see a backlash against the obama administration, their policy on gitmo, afghanistan, etc. If some mental midget whose daddy didn't love him went and did this, we would have more to worry about.

I don't mean to take away from the bigger picture here. And it is sad to think that we might be looking at the political advantages/disadvantages of this terrible situation. But that is the sick world that we are forced to live in by these scumbags that pretend to be our representatives, and they use these horrible situations for their political gain. We lost some hero's and they deserve the most respect that they can get. I'm simply addressing this one piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:
Ft. Hood suspect reportedly shouted `Allahu Akbar'

FORT HOOD, Texas – Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire, the base commander said Friday...

Well this kinda gives an indication of his state of mind at the time of the attack.

This speaks volumes. In addition, it was said earlier that Islam is the problem and I felt it might be an unfair stretch to generalize that much. I am not there yet, but am re-thinking my position on that.

Well that depends on what/who they identify as a terrorist or terrorist plot. If you read DU just about every single person that posts on this board is a terrorist and should be immediatelly locked up.

Well that depends on what/who they identify as a terrorist or terrorist plot. If you read DU just about every single person that posts on this board is a terrorist and should be immediatelly locked up.
Yup, hence my above posting. Gotta remember the law of Unintended Consequences...

A good example of a tumor that needs to be surgically removed. (*by legal means, of course* [wink])

Last edited:
We need to give some thought to the way Israeli Military operate. They carry their weapons everywhere at all times, empty chamber but ready to go in a moment.

At least allow officers to carry their service weapons while on duty.

Very sad.

[halfmast]

I agree, to get more like the Israeli's....not only like their military but like their population to a greater degree. They arm their teachers....we forbid a gun on the school grounds.

As for our military, I'd be more inclined to alow...no make that mandate that every E-6 and above carry a sidearm and two spare mags. We need to get our military bases back to being military bases and not commercialized, civilian run federal money drains by local economies.

Spend a month in the mountains of South Korea and see how many of their marines and army live and train......makes the stateside US bases look like country clubs with maide services. Those guys bathe in streams(after breaking the ice on top) in the middle of winter, they run ten miles a day with full rucksacks, you fall out you get dragged the rest of the way back to base camp. They carry their weapons with ammo everywhere they go.....and EVERYONE does two years service unless incapable due to obvious physical or mental defects.

That doesn't matter. The average moron citizen, especially lib numskulls, think that "the military has guns" as a matter of course- they don't know that the reality
is that 99% of the time the military's guns are locked up unless they're training or deployed.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom