Ft Hood Shooter is still alive

Last edited:
If this guy gets the death penalty, which might not even be his punishment, he has a better chance of dying (from other things) on death row. the military is ultra slow when it comes to handing out executions in modern times. Hes more likely to die of old age before he dies from a lethal injection, if that is the punishment given to him, which in my opinion is unlikely.

Heard on the TV down here that the scum could be tried by military OR under state law. Comment was made that TX has more practice at capital punishment than the military.

What kills me is that this incident is going to give the antis loads of traction.

It's one thing for someone to do this at a school or other well known gun-free zone. But to do it on an Army base, where all the sheeple imagine trained soldiers walking around armed to the teeth, is another thing altogether.

Here's how they'll spin it (and people will buy this):

"Handguns need to be banned NOW! They're not useful for hunting. They were designed for one purpose only - To kill people. Handguns are so readily available and dangerous that a terrorist that was already being watched by officials was able to get a handgun and shoot over 40 armed soldiers on an Army base! None of us or our children are safe while handguns are legal."

Did you notice how quickly it was call a semi automatic weapon. And because it was semi automatic that was the only way he could have shot so many rounds. I even heard one idiot newscaster say that those weapons are capable of firing a bullet a second. If they only knew how fast some wheel gun shooters are.

Last edited:
okay, changing the direction for a moment... why were civilian police called to the base? No MPs any more?

Most of of law enforcement on military installations are by civilians. The first responders were Department of the Army Police, they are DOD employees. The entry control is usually by companies contracted through DOD. There are numerous vendors for those contracts.

Most of of law enforcement on military installations are by civilians. The first responders were Department of the Army Police, they are DOD employees. The entry control is usually by companies contracted through DOD. There are numerous vendors for those contracts.

So do you consider that better, worse or about even as having active military members such as MP's guard the base? Just curious.

So do you consider that better, worse or about even as having active military members such as MP's guard the base? Just curious.

About the same. Allot of them are prior service. I dont think its the individual officer or MP, its who runs the department. They all go through a federal academy and focus purely on policing where as MPs have multiple missions they train for. Many bases tactical teams are comprised of the civilian members of their respective departments. While any base has its civilian members of their department there are still military MPs that also serve on the department too. In this case SGT. Munley(DA Police) was the closest officer to respond. And did a good job mitigating the treat. She certainly deserves allot of credit for her actions.

According to the news conference last night with the CO, the base has a contingent of civilian contractors as police supplementing the MP's. She was one of them. They just happened to be closest.

Why was there not a cop snapping handcuffs on that entire group?

That was not a peaceful assembly, it was riotous incitement and terroristic threats being made.

From the article:
Al-Khattab calls President Obama "a murderer, a tyrant, a scumbag," and says he wouldn't "shed a tear" if Obama were killed. But he added, "Would I incite his murder? That's not what I teach."

That statement is indistinguishable, indeed even less ugly than statements I've seen many people on this forum make. Everything from veiled wishes of harm, to not-so subtle calls for armed revolt to inciting the military to start a coup. On this board.

Don't be too quick to wish the government run out and arrest people for making vile statements. This guy is a scumbag, but it's legal to be a scumbag. Maybe they could go after this guy, but probably there's not enough to make any kind of case. Or, they may think it's better to have him out in the open so they can watch who attends his little talks. Who knows?

The power you give government to quash their speech WILL be turned against you.

From the article:

That statement is indistinguishable, indeed even less ugly than statements I've seen many people on this forum make. Everything from veiled wishes of harm, to not-so subtle calls for armed revolt to inciting the military to start a coup. On this board.

Don't be too quick to wish the government run out and arrest people for making vile statements. This guy is a scumbag, but it's legal to be a scumbag. Maybe they could go after this guy, but probably there's not enough to make any kind of case. Or, they may think it's better to have him out in the open so they can watch who attends his little talks. Who knows?

It already has it and already has been........but the difference between me and him is, I respect and honor the law of the land...The Constitution of The United States and do not support or incite the murder of or overthrow of others. I support and maintain the notion that I will defend my rights at all costs from those who purport to have a higher claim on them than I.
He on the otherhand is advocating and inciting murder.

See the difference?

EDIT: The people of this country have every right in the world to "wish" others harm, to "speak of revolt", and, in the most dire of cases TO revolt if necessary.....It states so right in the constitution.

What they don't have a right to do is openly call for the murder of others under any perview in a public forum....this case being religeous jihad outside a mosque, just as the government has no right to put a bounty on your head for assasination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Government still shouldn't be silencing, jailing, and deporting people for what they say.

Unless what they say is a direct threat against the country or it's citizens. I don't care if someone says "I hate America." I do care if they say, "I hate America and want to kill as many Americans as possible."

From the article:

So, why can this guy make a statement like that and nothing happens, while someone scraped "I (Swastika) Obama" into a golf course, and the SS mobilized?

Unless what they say is a direct threat against the country or it's citizens. I don't care if someone says "I hate America." I do care if they say, "I hate America and want to kill as many Americans as possible."

Well, if they want to threaten people with death, those people certainly have the right to remove that threat. Note: people, not the government.

+1. No matter how unpatriotic an Islamic douche is being. It's how things got done around here in the 1770's.

In the 1770's, the people of this country were breaking the bonds of enslavement of a murderous, abusive, oppressive dictatorial king and they were rightfully guided by their natural rights to live equally among the others of the world. In doing so, they also found it necessary to do this:

The Constitution of the United States of America
"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The above is FAR from preaching murderous jihad.

Your "interpretation" of what went on on in the 1770's is dreadfully flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:
From: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_shooting

I've reached the tipping point. It isn't time to ban guns, it's time to ban Jews. Deport them all unless they can prove, with references, that they personally oppose the hate-mongering Rabbi. Close and bulldoze every Synagogue that engages in anti-German preaching.

Jews must become a Darwinian dead-end in the history of civilization, because it's doing its best to ensure that the rest of us become one.

Fireman Bob, just changed a few of your words to speculate if this isn't exactly the kind of thinking that brought on the Holocaust.

While I agree we are under attack by some, I don't want to start picking apart our country one "group" at a time while everyone else turns the other way in feigned ignorance.

How long before they get to white, gun-owning grandfathers, and they come and get me????

I don't know what the total solution is, but I know banning something never seems to make it go away (ie drugs, booze, guns, violence, gays, etc. etc)

Well, if they want to threaten people with death, those people certainly have the right to remove that threat. Note: people, not the government.

Your waffling like a blade of grass in the wind.

Which is it?

If it were white skinheads out there, there would be a hundred jackboots lining the streets with armored cars.

When islamic fanatics call for jihad against Americans openly in public everyone folds........F#$%^& cowards.!!!!!

Oh boy.........

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/military/army/source_1_rampage_gun_purchased_legally1257543002645

Source: 1 rampage gun purchased legally
AP sources said gun bought at Texas gun store
Updated: Friday, 06 Nov 2009, 5:13 PM EST
Published : Friday, 06 Nov 2009, 4:28 PM EST

Shannon Powell
WASHINGTON (AP) - Law enforcement officials said a 5.7-millimeter pistol used in the Fort Hood shooting rampage was purchased legally at a Texas gun store.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

Records indicate Hasan bought the FN 5.7 at store called "Guns Galore" in Killeen, Texas, well before the attack that left 13 people dead.

The pistol has been dubbed a "cop killer" by those who have tried to stop its use.

The most powerful type of ammunition for the gun is available only to law enforcement and military personnel.

Gun control advocates call it a "cop killer" weapon because that ammo can pierce bulletproof vests, and its use by Mexican drug cartels worries police.

Guns Galore is located along a busy, five-lane highway that leads to Ft. Hood. There is a tire store across the busy highway.
The store is not big, but advertises its name - and weapons - prominently.

The inside is cramped and filled, with every inch of wall covered in rifles, shotguns and display cases filled with pistols and various handguns.

Three employees stand behind the counter helping customers who stream in and out throughout the day. Most customers are in the military and did not want to talk on camera about the shooting or the fact that the Ft. Hood shooter may have purchased his weapons at Guns Galore.

One soldier did say ''It doesn't matter where he got the gun. It is just sad he used it like that.''

The owner of the shop did not want to talk to reporters. He has been contacted by the authorities in this case and is cooperating with them. He says he is still not sure if the gun is from his shop.

Your waffling like a blade of grass in the wind.

Which is it?

If it were white skinheads out there, there would be a hundred jackboots lining the streets with armored cars.

When islamic fanatics call for jihad against Americans openly in public everyone folds........F#$%^& cowards.!!!!!

Oh dearie me, an unsigned neg rep. [shocked]

I would respond, but I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue here. Since when do skinheads not have the right to free speech?

Fireman Bob, just changed a few of your words to speculate if this isn't exactly the kind of thinking that brought on the Holocaust.

While I agree we are under attack by some, I don't want to start picking apart our country one "group" at a time while everyone else turns the other way in feigned ignorance.

How long before they get to white, gun-owning grandfathers, and they come and get me????

I don't know what the total solution is, but I know banning something never seems to make it go away (ie drugs, booze, guns, violence, gays, etc. etc)

So, we are supposed to turn away in "feigned ignorance" from islamic extremists who have already proven their intent and mission on a host of occasions?[rolleyes]

If it were white guys with a "REBEL FLAG" you could bet your ass there would be law enforcement feedback on scene.

Back
Top Bottom