• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Shooter Ethan Crumbley's Mom is convicted of manslaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rep308

NES Member
searched and found nothing, please move it if I messed up

Mom of Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley convicted of manslaughter in son’s rampage​

Jennifer Crumbley was found guilty of four counts of manslaughter Tuesday — the first parent in the US to be charged over a mass school shooting committed by their child.....

...Prosecutors say Crumbley made a gun accessible to her son, ignored his mental health struggles and declined to take him home when confronted with his violent drawings at school on the day of the shooting. They argued Crumbley should have alerted school officials that her family owned guns, including a 9mm handgun her son used at a shooting range days before school officials became concerned over his behavior — and then used for his attack.

...Jennifer and James were called into school for a meeting after a teacher discovered a disturbing drawing of a gun, bullet and wounded man accompanied by hopeless phrases on Ethan’s math assignment. Following a 12-minute meeting over their son’s concerning behavior, they opted to let him stay in class. Hours later, he pulled the 9mm gun out of his backpack and shot 11 people.
.....Crumbley also argued that it was her husband who decided to buy their son, who was 15 at the time, the gun he would use in the massacre — though she admitted she did not object to the purchase at the time.

Mixed feelings here but at some point you you have reponsiblity for a nut case son. Heck, I bought my son a trap shotgun and he had safe access to go to take it to practice at 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom