From the "Play stupid games" department

jasons

NES Life Member
NES Member
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2009/10/minn_native_acc.php

Minn. native accused of shooting friend in head while checking football scores
By Emily Kaiser in Really bad ideasWed., Oct. 28 2009 @ 8:32AM

​When we're hanging out around the house with our buddies, we can't skip an opportunity to point guns at our friend's head just for the heck of it. And to make it more exciting, why not actually pull the trigger? The safety is on right? Oops.

A Duluth native is charged with felony assault and attempted manslaughter after he shot a friend in the head while they were looking at sports scores online in Colorado. (via)

Timothy William Pollard, 37, and friend Robert Knorr, 28, were playing with the gun Sunday night after a full day of drinking. Pollard had about six beers, a couple shots at a bar and then another beer at home.

From the Duluth News Tribune:
Pollard had taken the handgun and pointed it at Knorr. Pollard told police he thought the safety was on as he pulled the trigger once and it just clicked, the Greeley Tribune reported. So he pulled the trigger again, shooting Knorr.

The bullet hit Knorr near his left ear and exited near his lower right lip.
He immediately called 911 and reported the accidental shooting. Knorr went to an area hospital and is expected to survive. Prosecutors believe the alcohol consumption led to the poor handling of a loaded weapon.

Prosecutors believe the alcohol consumption led to the poor handling of a loaded weapon.
I've had a drink or three now and then. I've never had the desire to point my gun at a buddy and pull the trigger.

Alcohol didn't cause this. Stupidity or malice caused this.

"Prosecutors believe the alcohol consumption led to the poor handling of a loaded weapon."

Yes, had he not been drunk he would have held his aim and killed his buddy.

I've had a drink or three now and then. I've never had the desire to point my gun at a buddy and pull the trigger.

+1

Blaming alcohol for this is just as stupid as blaming the gun.

Stupid games indeed. Too bad somebody else won the stupid prize. Alcohol is a relatively minor part of the problem here, because I've been plenty sauced with guns in the same house as me, and never have I thought "Hey, I should take that out and point it at my buddy's dome." There's a definite stupid factor to this. My cat's Einstein compared to this joker.

Stupid games indeed. Too bad somebody else won the stupid prize. Alcohol is a relatively minor part of the problem here, because I've been plenty sauced with guns in the same house as me, and never have I thought "Hey, I should take that out and point it at my buddy's dome." There's a definite stupid factor to this. My cat's Einstein compared to this joker.

When I get sauced I usually just want some nachos. Mmmmm, nachos.....

yup. if i have a drink or ten i have never had the desire to even take my gun out of the safe

Back
Top Bottom