FPC Challenge to MA Handgun Roster

Is this why there is a shit load of GLOCKS for sale even on this site?
I think so. "Investment" in Glocks was always a Massachusetts thang. What other plastic gun could you pay a premium for and actually have it hold it's full inflated purchase price over time? And let's not even mention the super-insane prices people have paid for pre-ban Glock magazines. Yikes!!! :oops:

If that is ending, Glock investors are soooo screwed! [laugh]

4 Seasons Clubhouse GIF
Mortgage Disappear GIF by Prezibase
Cedric The Entertainer Comedy GIF by CBS

I think so. "Investment" in Glocks was always a Massachusetts thang. What other plastic gun could you pay a premium for and actually have it hold it's full inflated purchase price over time? And let's not even mention the super-insane prices people have paid for pre-ban Glock magazines. Yikes!!! :oops:

I have a lot of money “invested” in pre-ban full capacity magazines.

I would love to have that “investment” get reduced.

🤣 they’d have to have a firesale on those 30 year old Glocks. Honestly IF the roster shit gets overturned in MA, I think most of the noob FS shoppers would have no idea. Wonder how quickly FS would even know
Oh, they’d know instantly.

They’re not dumb, they just have a conservative business model. It’s hard to argue with their success.

They’ll have previously off-list guns on the shelf as soon as their lawyers say they can do it without risk.

When they do, they’ll be able to offer lower prices than almost anyone else because of their huge volume.

Don’t sell them short, Carl knows what he’s doing, even if you don’t like it.

Since MA is the only state in the Circuit that has a roster, it's a moot point. If the law is struck down, it's going to be struck down for all of MA.

I read it more as the 1CA wanted to uphold it, but also didn't want to get it's decision vacated by SCOTUS. I don't know if the District judge has much choice but to strike down the law and AG's regulations.
A circuit opinion has much more sway in other circuits than a district one.
This is why they did it and it brings them back into the loop if the district Court plays games yet again. The 1st does not want this going to SCOTUS, who might just toss the limit on purchasing in your home state only (there is no defensible reason for it today with instant background checks and data sharing)

🤣 they’d have to have a firesale on those 30 year old Glocks. Honestly IF the roster shit gets overturned in MA, I think most of the noob FS shoppers would have no idea. Wonder how quickly FS would even know
My Wife and I each bought Glocks (17 & 22) back in 2005 from Four Seasons at $400 each, not a rip-off price. Most of what you see today in FS used listings are consignment guns. The owner sets the price on consignment guns, not FS! So the outrageous pricing isn't Carl's doing. And if the bans go away, how quickly, if at all, the owners are willing to bring those listed prices back down to earth is up to each owner who put their guns on consignment.

I am late to this party, if the roster gets struck down. What impact will it have on the secret AG list that is under consumer protection?
That will go away also.
Based on the injunction in Bolland, the tests must be objectively related to safety - drop safe testing would survive for commercial sale. Magazine disconnects and loaded chamber indicators would go bye bye since there isn't an objective argument that they increase safety (disconnects and LCA still require the operator to pull the trigger to have the gun fire)

The 1st is playing games and if the state appeals back to the 1st after the loss at the district then that is an easy fast tract to SCOTUS, who doesn't like it when lower courts play those games

The 1st does not want this going to SCOTUS, who might just toss the limit on purchasing in your home state only (there is no defensible reason for it today with instant background checks and data sharing)
There's no reason why mail order hand guns couldn't be a thing again with appropriate identity verification and secure delivery measures.

It's dumb that the USPS prohibition on shipping handguns hasn't been challenged. No reason why they should be able to handle them, even if they were required to be sent registered mail and picked up from the safes in person with a federal ID like a passport.

I have a lot of money “invested” in pre-ban full capacity magazines.

I would love to have that “investment” get reduced.

I agree with this sentiment whole heartedly. I will easily drop a few between 200-$500 on mags And come back with more than 1 or 2 Glock mags

Would current machine gun owners be rejoicing or grieving if there were a decision requiring the ATF to accept registration applications for new guns?

Last edited:
The price of beat up, shot out, Glocks will drop instantly. Imagine what the value of "pre ban U notch" Glock magazines will be once that ban is gone as well!

Oh, they’d know instantly.

They’re not dumb, they just have a conservative business model. It’s hard to argue with their success.

They’ll have previously off-list guns on the shelf as soon as their lawyers say they can do it without risk.

When they do, they’ll be able to offer lower prices than almost anyone else because of their huge volume.

Don’t sell them short, Carl knows what he’s doing, even if you don’t like it.

On the rare occasions when the city issued more medallions people who were able to get them could flip them for about $1 Million. Boston rarely issued more, sometimes it was decades between offerings.

A small number of people controlled most of the medallions in Boston. I suspect Cambridge was much the same.

All gone now and I suspect that the value of pre ban anything and "LE ONLY" anything will drop as the ripples from Bruen extend further and further out.

Would current machine gun owners be rejoicing or grieving if there were a decision requiring the ATF to accept registration applications for new guns?

I'd go with a bit of both:

- their "investment" would go to shit. (relatively)
- they wouldn't be in an exclusive club anymore
+ they can buy as many new ones as they want at not insane prices
+ they can shoot their existing (and new) machine guns without worrying about destroying their value (not really true for ones that have value beyond their scarcity value, like original Thompsons or anything from WW-II)

I'm guessing that anyone who has "invested" in machineguns probably is smart enough to have investments in other things, that they have a reasonable amount of income/assets, and that they like shooting machine guns.

even if you don’t like it.
Why wouldn't someone like it? Isn't Four Seasons like the favorite gun store of NES, at least until "the mill" came along?

(there is no defensible reason for it today with instant background checks and data sharing)
How do background checks and "data sharing" (whatever you mean by that) remove the reason for "the lists"? I am not for them, but I don't see the overlap here.

Based on the injunction in Bolland
What is "Bolland"? Have not heard of that one yet.

The 1st is playing games and if the state appeals back to the 1st after the loss at the district then that is an easy fast tract to SCOTUS, who doesn't like it when lower courts play those games
Was it you or Picton who keeps saying how long things will take? I have a feeling they could be playing ping pong for years with this.

Like this:
Remand back to District. Repeat!

+ they can buy as many new ones as they want at not insane prices
Prices would stay insane for quite some time due to pent up demand and stickyprices, making for a boom market in conversion kits (autosears, three hole lowers, etc.). Just look at the MJ industry - weed sold through legal shops has not eliminated the "contraband premium" that was built into the street price.

I would personally like to see my Glock devalued by elimination of the list and non-list in MA.

Prices would stay insane for quite some time due to pent up demand and stickyprices, making for a boom market in conversion kits (autosears, three hole lowers, etc.). Just look at the MJ industry - weed sold through legal shops has not eliminated the "contraband premium" that was built into the street price.

I would personally like to see my Glock devalued by elimination of the list and non-list in MA.
Meh, gun broker, transfer at FLL.

No need to deal with a local marking it up X% because he has 10 in stock and 30 people waiting.

And yet, strip off the nonsense from that GT-S and you have a wonderful SCCA car. What are you left with on a Glock?
I'm not a huge car guy fwiw. Tbh I was looking for an example of a tacky Corolla/Hyundai covered with a bunch of cheesy stickers and Walmart auto dept accessories tacked on but that was the closest I could find.

Point is, (to me at least) a Glock is a Glock. Add a bunch of Gucci parts to it and it's still a Glock and I think most buyers look at it the same way. Adding $500 worth of parts to a $500 gun doesn't make it a $1000 gun in my eyes.

Can they actually do that, just keep going back and forth playing hot potato? (I honestly don't know). Is there a limit? Or is the fact it keeps hypothetically going between 1CA and district a separate challenge all itself?
Can they? Go look at some of these cases.

Back
Top Bottom