• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FPC Challenge to MA Handgun Roster

The ban was on the processing of any civilian transfer of a machine gun made after May 19, 1986. It was the "Hughes Ammendment" passed on a questionable vote. Form 1s are still accepted for SBRs, AOWs, DDs and cans.
Yup, I remember the Hughes Amendment stuff. I just was not familiar with the term "Form 1", as I've never used one, and never really heard it used at all, even on here. Plus, I was thinking more in a "Massachusetts licensing or roster" frame of mind, since that was the area of the conversation when I dropped in on it.

The timeline is all that is in question
Yes.

New machine guns have been illegal since 1986 for private citizens. He's basically saying that, if the registry reopened, they'd be overwhelmed with applications.

oh-no.gif

MAJOR BREAKING NEWS!!!! OMGWTF!!!!
[laugh][laugh][laugh]
Talk about trying to gin up news out of a boring hearing. Nothing really to see here until a possible GVR happens, and even then, it depends on the outcome of that, and how THAT is handled.
I hate how YouTube drives silly click bait titles over accurate ones. I feel bad for the people who have to do it or drown in obscurity.

I think so. "Investment" in Glocks was always a Massachusetts thang. What other plastic gun could you pay a premium for and actually have it hold it's full inflated purchase price over time? And let's not even mention the super-insane prices people have paid for pre-ban Glock magazines. Yikes!!! :oops:

If that is ending, Glock investors are soooo screwed! [laugh]
I never heard anyone say "invest in Glocks" ... except those trying to sell some over priced junk.

I never heard anyone say "invest in Glocks" ... except those trying to sell some over priced junk.
I never heard anyone actually come out and say it either, but I submit to you that the NES Classified ads speak for themselves. Look at the number of new/unfired and slightly used Glocks for sale at or above full retail. Show me that in large numbers in any other common plastic gun. 🤔

I bet they kick the can for another year.

Meh, my entire gun-owning career has been under the roster bullspit. First licensed in 98. Perfect time to get into guns. LOL. I recall going to gun shops and them having revolvers up the yingyang and a few S&W semi-autos and not much else.

I'm more concerned with the future of the Republic. This isn't about me buying a $500 Glock in 2023. It's about my kids' kids being able to buy a defensive weapon in 2080.

I never heard anyone actually come out and say it either, but I submit to you that the NES Classified ads speak for themselves. Look at the number of new/unfired and slightly used Glocks for sale at or above full retail. Show me that in large numbers in any other common plastic gun. 🤔

The easy fix to that is enforcing the FFL's pay to be a dealer.... but that horse is not only dead, but trampled into the dirt. Till then, we will continue to see "non dealers" selling 10+ new guns at their "local FFL". I know of one guy for sure I went to buy a gun from him private face to face, and he was handing me a 4473 to fill out. I laughed at him and left.

It wouldn't surprise me if they lose there case but still try to enforce their rules. Probably threaten everyone without enforcement. Kinda like the 7/16 nonsense.
This case is going to go back to the 1st circuit, neither side is going to accept the ruling. The question is how long this is going to be dragged out and if there is a balance shift at SCOTUS.

This case is going to go back to the 1st circuit, neither side is going to accept the ruling. The question is how long this is going to be dragged out and if there is a balance shift at SCOTUS.
If we lose the next presidential election (which it seems likely to happen) then there may indeed be a SCOTUS shift, which could lead to another decade of SCOTUS refusing to hear 2A cases.

If we sit back and allow to be stolen the next presidential election through massive DimocRAT election cheating (which it seems likely to happen) then there may indeed be a SCOTUS shift, which could lead to another decade of SCOTUS refusing to hear 2A cases.
Fixed if for you. 😖

If we lose the next presidential election (which it seems likely to happen) then there may indeed be a SCOTUS shift, which could lead to another decade of SCOTUS refusing to hear 2A cases.

Wait. Don't tell me that Trump will split the GOP ticket and decimate every other candidate like he did 8 years ago. Then he will run a shit campaign. He will just complain that Joe is incompetent for 8 months. Then he will be shocked, SHOCKED that he loses to an octogenarian who can't string 3 words together. SHOCKED, I tell you.

A turnip could beat Joe Biden. Trump is, sadly, NOT a turnip. Definitely the right color. Smells funny. But not a turnip. Contrary to the belief of the always-trumpers, he is NOT electable again.

Danm. I was hoping the Bersa Thunder would make the list this year.
They're never going to submit that. Just make some phone calls and buy it.

Wait. Don't tell me that Trump will split the GOP ticket and decimate every other candidate like he did 8 years ago. Then he will run a shit campaign. He will just complain that Joe is incompetent for 8 months. Then he will be shocked, SHOCKED that he loses to an octogenarian who can't string 3 words together. SHOCKED, I tell you.

A turnip could beat Joe Biden. Trump is, sadly, NOT a turnip. Definitely the right color. Smells funny. But not a turnip. Contrary to the belief of the always-trumpers, he is NOT electable again.
I didn't know turnips were orange

"Orange man bad!!!!!"

I think most would love to vote for somebody other than Trump.... but for the love of God can you people actually come up with a candidate that's better sleepy low energy Disney chasing Ron DeSantis is not really doing it for people.... 🤣 he's like 2% more energy than JEB! 🤣

Literally the only card to DeSantis has in his pocket is the fact that he didn't go full covidiot and he's not even playing that card as hard as he could be.....

IMHO if non moonbats want to win they need to turn up the heat somehow because this is basically shaping up to be another (partially rigged) snorefest.

NSFW

View: https://youtu.be/W-WYLksUzZM

They're never going to submit that. Just make some phone calls and buy it.
It was a joke. I do not actually want one.
Literally the only card to DeSantis has in his pocket is the fact that he didn't go full covidiot and he's not even playing that card as hard as he could be.....
Well, this and he sent a plane-load of illegals to MV.

Aren't we all. Too bad for us that DimocRATS are very good at election cheating and getting away with it... while too many Republicans are unwilling, unable or don't even have a clue about how to stop them. 🤔
Either way, get ready for another decade of inferior courts misapplying Bruen and coming up with some other test to uphold gun control laws.

Either way, get ready for another decade of inferior courts misapplying Bruen and coming up with some other test to uphold gun control laws.
This seems to be the way it is going, unfortunately. Just look around you, either at the news or on here, and it all points in this direction. No progress for our side.

Back
Top Bottom