Four Personal Transfers Per Year

Does the limit apply to all personal transfers or does it only apply to selling? Is it 4 transfers within 12 months or within the year?

Anyone know what actually happens if you do 5 or more?
Anyone ever heard of anything happening?

Just asking, not advocating.

IMO it's a black hole. I've never heard of anyone getting
prosecuted for it, although I have heard of some people that did it
and got away with it. (among other misuses of the FA-10 form) Nothing I
would want to do as it would be painfully easy to convict someone if a DA got a hair
up their ass. Basically it would give them an easy license to play "grill the gun owner"
if they really wanted to pursue the issue.

-Mike

Last edited:
I know, I know, it's PRM, but can anyone explain the rational for limiting
personal transfers? It's not like the 'state' doesn't have a record of it.

TBP

Three words for your answer, SALES TAX REVENUE

The libs are not going to let you sell guns without funding their programs.

Last edited:
Are guns part of the sales tax holiday they have once a year, or are they one of the exceptions?

Each time they do this it is a NEW Law, just for that day/weekend. Up to now, guns were included. With "spend it all Devil" in office, all bets are off.

It's 4 outgoing (sale) transfers per calendar year.

Ken

Is it 4 Outgoing only, Transfers? I understood it to be 4 personal transfers period per calendar year. I sold 2 and bought 1 so far this year (FTF personal transfers), so you're saying this is counted as only 2??

Is it 4 Outgoing only, Transfers? I understood it to be 4 personal transfers period per calendar year. I sold 2 and bought 1 so far this year (FTF personal transfers), so you're saying this is counted as only 2??

PTFs only apply to sales. so if you sold 2 via PTF, you still have 2 more this year. If you "buy" via personal transfer, it doesnt count towards your remaining 2.

PTFs only apply to sales. so if you sold 2 via PTF, you still have 2 more this year. If you "buy" via personal transfer, it doesnt count towards your remaining 2.

This is correct...You can buy as many as your wallet can afford [wink]

Three words for your answer, SALES TAX REVENUE

The libs are not going to let you sell guns without funding their programs.
Huh? The next time I collect sales tax for the state will be the first time. Or are you suggesting that they insist that the fifth transaction go through an FFL so HE can collect the sales tax? Either way, it doesn't wash - my last transfer was $25 - no tax included.

It can't be sales tax. Even if they wanted everything to go through a FFL,
unless they instituted a standard tax per gun transfer, everyone would just
put down $5 or $10 purchase price on the tax form to collect sales tax against.

What this would surely do is to drive more gun transfers underground which is
not what the bureaucrats want. I can see the newspapers railing on about how
the legislation has 'prevented' the transfer of guns to unlicensed personnel as
the numbers will have fallen dramatically. If anyone can let me know when the
last government prohibition has succeeded in it's intent, I would appreciate it.

Let's see:

Achohol - Bzzzzzz
Drugs - Bzzzzzz
Underage smoking - Bzzzzzzz
Underage drinking - Bzzzzzzz
Underage driving - Bzzzzzzz
Unlicensed drivers - Bzzzzzzzz
Unlicensed guns - Bzzzzzzzzzz
etc, etc, etc..

TBP

Back
Top Bottom