• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Forced surrender of bump stocks in MA EOPSS letter, per GOAL

My guess is that was the point.

Seems like it. I realize it's old news that happened long before I moved here, but holy crap if I were on the anti side I would have laughed my ass off when that one went into law.

will benefit their political careers.

I mostly disagree. Perhaps it might benefit Bennett, but I think this is another nail in Faker's career and it puts Polito on the RHINO watch list. D's won't vote for R's no matter how 'moderate' the candidate, and Faker has pissed off an entire segment of his voter base. Scott Brown Jr.?

is really your only recourse, but in reality, every state already has "gone rogue against the US Constitution."

There are a number of states that closely follow constitutional law vs. states like CA, MA, and NY that consider the constitution a quaint and obsolete document that was penned by white supremacists.

ok, I find this thread, here is a legit question to people who are not drunk and can understand laws and things

here is a firearm with a "fixed" bumpstock, i.e. I made it 4-5 years ago and the stock that works as a bumpstock is part of teh firearm, it's not detachable.

The gun is serialized and registered, does it mean I need to surrender the f***ing gun to PD? How is this not grabbing guns?

The gun was legit made long time ago, I brought at least a couple of times to Pumpkin shoot, not this year, the year before, so it go history. Again, it's a serialized, FA10ed firearm that has to be surrendered.

i1dwsn.jpg

2194fmf.jpg

you can see teh fcuking stock is welded shut, has been like that for many years. So it becomes an MG now?

And in case there are questions if this is unique, it's not. Here is another project, same deal, bump .22.

How many people have been killed ever with bump .22 ... zero.

110bs5c.jpg

I'm surprised that someone is not challenging this yet, and not just for the possible 5th amendment "taking". I question the constitutionality of the potential life sentence for possessing a hunk of plastic, especially given the disproportionate difference between bump stock possession and possessing an actual machinegun.
Yep, the commies on Bacon Hill went full retard on this one, didn't they?

That's actually a pretty good point.

Our legislature and our AG (with her unconstitutional and blatantly illegal abuse of authority a while back) have LOWERED the bar for "criminal" actions.

If we're basically all felons ANYWAY then what the hell DIFFERENCE does it make if they can add ANOTHER 10 year concurrent sentence to our jail time?

They've essentially made it MORE attractive to be a criminal in this state.
Are you reading my mind in the past from 7/20 now? That's impressive!

ok, I find this thread, here is a legit question to people who are not drunk and can understand laws and things

here is a firearm with a "fixed" bumpstock, i.e. I made it 4-5 years ago and the stock that works as a bumpstock is part of teh firearm, it's not detachable.

The gun is serialized and registered, does it mean I need to surrender the f***ing gun to PD? How is this not grabbing guns?

The gun was legit made long time ago, I brought at least a couple of times to Pumpkin shoot, not this year, the year before, so it go history. Again, it's a serialized, FA10ed firearm that has to be surrendered.

i1dwsn.jpg

2194fmf.jpg

you can see teh fcuking stock is welded shut, has been like that for many years. So it becomes an MG now?

And in case there are questions if this is unique, it's not. Here is another project, same deal, bump .22.

How many people have been killed ever with bump .22 ... zero.

110bs5c.jpg
Not sure, but maybe you should have designed them with an integrated trigger crank instead.

Either way, don't turn in anything.

Um....what letter? Not being sarcastic.

Edit: /sigh nvm...just checked the mail. This state f***ing sucks. Wish I could move.

Last edited:
I'm hoping there will be a stay (is that the right word) until the "taking" issue can be resolved. I would imagine this would be filed in the final day or two before the deadline. Waiting till the last minute is a good move strategically. Either way we won't here about it in advance.

I don't own one either but this is bullshit. They take the stocks by force today and we let them you can bet your ass they'll be coming for the actual firearms tomorrow.
This can not be allowed to happen. I hope GOAL and Comm2A gat on this. Absent action from them we are screwed.
this. the bump stock taking if allowed to proceed means they can come for your "assault weapons" next.

yeah.. I posted on Sen Richard Ross's official Senator FB page asking for a statement on the letter. He said he hadn't seen it yet.. So I PDFed it, and emailed it to him. Since then, he's removed all visitor posts from his FB page, and all new post must be approved by the page manager.

So much for transparency. Even the (R)'s who appear to be on our side, screw us over.

I don’t think I can, in good conscience, be part of this unconstitutional taking by the commonwealth.
While i totally agree with this sentiment as someone else mentioned, if noone surrenders one, noone will have standing to sue.

What are your guys opinion....should i surrender one, just so we know someone will have standing to fight it when goal decides how to proceed.
We have today and tommarrow to make the decision..

There is a difference between surrendering because your a slave and surrendering because your trying to preserve a situation where we are able to sue.

While i totally agree with this sentiment as someone else mentioned, if noone surrenders one, noone will have standing to sue.

What are your guys opinion....should i surrender one, just so we know someone will have standing to fight it when goal decides how to proceed.

There is a difference between surrendering because your a slave and surrendering because your trying to preserve a situation where we are able to sue.

You could talk to Comm2A, maybe.

I would talk to both COMM2A and GOAL, best way to get an answer to that question.

Does anyone know any Mass pols who are gun owners/license holders and who've gotten the letter?

Can't say he got the letter but he is a gun owner, Chris Walsh.

But I can guarantee he was in favor of this.

The news this morning said that "a couple" of bump stocks were turned into CPD.

Of course, they also said to make sure that you have surrendered them by the first or you were subject to a felony that included the jail term of 2 years to life.

Bob

I don't understand this turn it in thing, they just have to be out of State correct? Don't you have a friend or family member in another state that will hold a package for you?

When is NRA or GOAL or GOA or NAGR or COMM2A going to file a class action suit to stop this? Just like when they tried to confiscate the large cap mags in Cal this needs a CAL to halt it. Needs to be treated as pre-ban if anything. I donate a lot of hard earned money to these groups and if they are silent here my money will be silent in my pocket. I dont need emails telling me im screwed or that I need to call my liberal whining rep who doesnt give a sh*t

I don't understand this turn it in thing, they just have to be out of State correct? Don't you have a friend or family member in another state that will hold a package for you?

A reading of the law would seem to indicate that yes, in fact, you can simply remove the offending item(s) from the state and thus no longer be in violation of the law.

The problem is that apparently the people at the EOPSS didn't read the law, or have overactive imaginations. The letter they sent to every FID, LTC, and MG license holder in the state implies that turning them in to police for destruction is the only avenue for legally disposing of evil bump stocks and trigger cranks.

"Because the law does not allow for transfer or sale of these prohibited items, if you currently possess a bump stock or trigger crank within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you should contact your local police department or the Massachusetts State Police to get details about how to transfer custody of the prohibited item to the police for destruction."

Note the distinct absence of any mention of other options, such as bringing them out of state.

Back
Top Bottom