For those of you who miss Scrivener

OF COURSE the editorial board loves the AG's interpretation! They don't want it overturned, they want to make money defending people against it!
I guess people are supposed to be impressed that a former Attorney General is speaking up in favor of the Attorney General having power to make law.
Is it poor form to ask why this well-spoken individual got the axe?
He tended to piss off people who posted erroneous information or asked stupid questions. I shall refrain from posting an opinion as to the wisdom of banning him, as I believe commenting on moderator actions is against board policy.

Scrivener does not suffer fools of any sort at all, and was unwilling (or unable?) to moderate himself to even NES's minimal standards. Still I miss him here, but I get to see and experience his inimitable style on FB.

That letter is the most tactfully piece of writing I can recall ever seeing from him. Well-reasoned, cogent, and succinct as always, but tactful, no way. I would have had a hard time believing it was his if he hadn't posted it directly to FB himself.

Awesome. Not surprised at the lawyers. I used to Work for a huge firm in Boston. The loved all things Obama and the ACLU. They spent a whole day celibrating getting a convicted cop killer and serial rapist off death row.

He tended to be on the rude arrogant side but what he wrote this time is well said and therefore as another person had mentioned if it hadn't been posted on facebook by him they'd question if he really wrote it.

He was scaring off the newbies who didn't want to do a search but instead kept asking the same questions over and over again. He also scared off the people who didn't want to use spell check or had poor grammar.

Me, I just insult him right back if he gets uppity at me. He's a good guy.

He was scaring off the newbies who didn't want to do a search but instead kept asking the same questions over and over again. He also scared off the people who didn't want to use spell check or had poor grammar.

Speaking of which, who knows what shops will sell me a new gen 4 glock... or an ar.....
[emoji14]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ross, I started lurking on NES in the Summer of 08, as soon as I came to the realization that Obama might get elected. I joined in the Fall of 09 and during my first 6 months I got "Scrived" numerous times. I use spell check and to be honest, I still have trouble searching NES. I actually use Google to search for NES stuff I can't find conventionally. I don't think Keith can help himself, he can be a real arrogant, condescending prick. That said, he's brilliant, and every topic that he tuned me up on, he was correct. That Rebuttal letter was fantastic! He didn't scare me off but his manner of "education" was off putting to say the least.

I'm one to talk, in my wheelhouse, I've been called an arrogant prick often. When someone at work is looking for me they say, "He's the angry bald guy in the next office, don't get too close, he might throw something at you". On more than one occasion, I've asked a customer if they're a product of sibling parentage. When I retire, I want to get a part time job as a greeter @ Walmart. Welcome to Walmart, what the f**k do you want?

He gives the legislative report at Wrentham Sportsmans Club where's he also a member... definitely could come across as an angry individual but in my limited interaction with him, he's been pleasant to me and seems to know his stuff.

Ross, I started lurking on NES in the Summer of 08, as soon as I came to the realization that Obama might get elected. I joined in the Fall of 09 and during my first 6 months I got "Scrived" numerous times. I use spell check and to be honest, I still have trouble searching NES. I actually use Google to search for NES stuff I can't find conventionally. I don't think Keith can help himself, he can be a real arrogant, condescending prick. That said, he's brilliant, and every topic that he tuned me up on, he was correct. That Rebuttal letter was fantastic! He didn't scare me off but his manner of "education" was off putting to say the least.

I'm one to talk, in my wheelhouse, I've been called an arrogant prick often. When someone at work is looking for me they say, "He's the angry bald guy in the next office, don't get too close, he might throw something at you". On more than one occasion, I've asked a customer if they're a product of sibling parentage. When I retire, I want to get a part time job as a greeter @ Walmart. Welcome to Walmart, what the f**k do you want?

You should look up the word arrogant. It refers to someone with an inflated sense of their own abilities - that isn't Scriv. Condescending perhaps, but not arrogant.

"Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel."
--Mark Twain

He scared off the "undesirables" I was pretty dumb when I joined and I got along fine with him. I'm guessing his gentler tone in the letter is the kind he uses to deal with lawyers. They do have such weak constitutions after all

As I mentioned over in FB, that letter forms the basis of our judicial counter-attack. He's written several amici curiea that make you hoot and holler because they are so good.

-JR

I had a few excellent English teachers so bad grammar gets my attention too.

Time to "Scriv" Scriv!

Therefore, the Massachusetts legislature clearly knew what an “assault weapon” was, as it defined both the guns and “large capacity feeding devices” which are the fundamental basis for that definition. Expressly addressing those issues, the legislature specifically provided for the legal ownership of “large capacity” guns and mags, both “preban” and “postban,” including those guns defined it defined as “assault weapons.”

Huh, "defined it defined as"??

and fact-checking!

3. In 2005, Chapter 150 again addressed firearms ownership and licensing. It re-enacted the exact same definition of “assault weapon” verbatim, and again kept the requirement of a specific license, the LTC, to possess any “large capacity” firearm.

That law was passed in 2004 IIRC, not 2005.

An excellent response but grammar and accuracy counts.

As I mentioned over in FB, that letter forms the basis of our judicial counter-attack. He's written several amici curiea that make you hoot and holler because they are so good.

-JR
It may echo the basis of our counterattack, but to say if "forms" it implies that we would not have figured that stuff out without the scriv.

It may echo the basis of our counterattack, but to say if "forms" it implies that we would not have figured that stuff out without the scriv.

I did not mean for it to sound that way. My point was this was a well articulated letter stating what we're all screaming in our heads.

-JR

Back
Top Bottom