• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For those of you who miss Scrivener

I had a few excellent English teachers so bad grammar gets my attention too.

Time to "Scriv" Scriv!

Huh, "defined it defined as"??

and fact-checking!

That law was passed in 2004 IIRC, not 2005.

An excellent response but grammar and accuracy counts.

Was that MA AWB v.2 that the legislature passed when it looked like the federal AWB was about to sunset in 2004?

If so, it was passed and signed into law by Romney at least a month or two before 09/13/04.

He gives the legislative report at Wrentham Sportsmans Club where's he also a member... definitely could come across as an angry individual but in my limited interaction with him, he's been pleasant to me and seems to know his stuff.

Unlike every other club where there are zero effs given and conversation gets louder, I bet he commands the floor. Too bad the fudds don't give a shit in 99% of the clubs.

Ross, I started lurking on NES in the Summer of 08, as soon as I came to the realization that Obama might get elected. I joined in the Fall of 09 and during my first 6 months I got "Scrived" numerous times. I use spell check and to be honest, I still have trouble searching NES. I actually use Google to search for NES stuff I can't find conventionally. I don't think Keith can help himself, he can be a real arrogant, condescending prick. That said, he's brilliant, and every topic that he tuned me up on, he was correct. That Rebuttal letter was fantastic! He didn't scare me off but his manner of "education" was off putting to say the least.

I'm one to talk, in my wheelhouse, I've been called an arrogant prick often. When someone at work is looking for me they say, "He's the angry bald guy in the next office, don't get too close, he might throw something at you". On more than one occasion, I've asked a customer if they're a product of sibling parentage. When I retire, I want to get a part time job as a greeter @ Walmart. Welcome to Walmart, what the f**k do you want?

[rofl] You have to let me know which Walmart you wind up working for. So I can come in and give you a ration right back. [smile]

Keith gave me some of the best advice when I was getting divorced. I asked him if he did family (divorce) law and he advised me to get a local lawyer (who was known in the same court where the divorce would be heard) and he gave me a name who turned out to be an excellent choice. No guns were seized, no restraining orders were filed. I like a man who will not hesitate to say "I'm not the guy you need; you need someone who can do [whatever is needed]". He's a good guy and I always enjoy when I get to see him at the range.

Hmm... come to think of it, he'll be at my Lodge's Turkey Shoot at North Grafton Fish, Bird & Game Club on 11/19. He always shows up.

Not to mention a source for ammunition that is out of this world!

Let me know when you need more .500 Magnum. (It's easier to get than CCI Standard Velocity .22!)

I had a few excellent English teachers so bad grammar gets my attention too.

Time to "Scriv" Scriv!

An excellent response but grammar and accuracy counts.

You're pushing your luck, Constable... I sent Scriv the link to this thread a few days ago. ;)

He gives the legislative report at Wrentham Sportsmans Club where's he also a member....

Unlike every other club where there are zero effs given and conversation gets louder, I bet he commands the floor. Too bad the fudds don't give a shit in 99% of the clubs.

Every time he gets up to give his report, there are lots of eye rolls and a collective groan from the fudds. Which unfortunately comprises half the members at the meeting. It's like they are wearing blinders, they just don't grasp the importance of GOAL and what they do for us.

I, for one, have always found his reports to be very informative so He gets my full attention.

Back
Top Bottom