• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For those of you who miss Scrivener

Gee, Scott is on the board. Go figure.

Thanks for the support Kieth. Where support of such illegal creation of new law should be the impetus of disbarment of those very editors, it will sadly in this state fall mainly on deaf ears.
yah, shocker, eh?

yah, shocker, eh?

Mike, you have to wonder though if the AG is feeling that her world is slowly squeezing in around her based on the ExxonMobile debacle and the fallout of lawsuits that I don't think that she expected, at least from a prominent national organization like NSSF (and others to come).

Several changes/reviews of the MA laws and 3 AGs since 1998 prior to her reinterpreting those very laws the way she did is very telling that didn't think this out clearly, as least from my perspective.

Last edited:
I miss Scriv, though he was banned before I became an active member I read many of his posts. Bravo for his rebuttal, but I think he would be OK with the following observations, as he called out many for their grammatical indiscretions.

The criteria determining what is an “assault weapon” was
A singular verb with a plural noun?

decade; from
Comma, not semicolon

which was
Should be "that was"

affected; gun owners
Should be a colon, not a semicolon (or better no punctuation)

Seriously, though, wonderful rebuttal and I'm glad this man is on our side.

I miss Scriv, though he was banned before I became an active member I read many of his posts. Bravo for his rebuttal, but I think he would be OK with the following observations, as he called out many for their grammatical indiscretions.

The criteria determining what is an “assault weapon” was
A singular verb with a plural noun?

decade; from
Comma, not semicolon

which was
Should be "that was"

affected; gun owners
Should be a colon, not a semicolon (or better no punctuation)

Seriously, though, wonderful rebuttal and I'm glad this man is on our side.

Oh man, someone had to I suppose. [rofl]

Having done a fair amount of legal research on the issue, I don't see how any honest lawyer can conclude she's right, though of course I look at it through my lens... but still... just no.

Mike

OF COURSE the editorial board loves the AG's interpretation! They don't want it overturned, they want to make money defending people against it!

Having done a fair amount of legal research on the issue, I don't see how any honest lawyer can conclude she's right, though of course I look at it through my lens... but still... just no.

Mike

It's MLW - their liberal bias is as good as case law as far as they're concerned.

Back
Top Bottom