Folding stocks on shotguns...one more time.

I may have asked this here before, so please forgive me if I did, but I am looking to purchase a Knoxx recoil reducing stock for my 870. I am pretty sure the law says this is ok on shotguns, and will try and check in more detail in the books, but thought I'd see if anyone had a quick reference here.

The gun magazine reviews of this stock, if even half true, are unreal. I've also seen some video on their website. They claim 95% reduction in felt recoil. After the three gun match I did at S&W this winter where I was praying for an end to the shotgun stages, I'll take any legitimate reduction in shoulder pounding.

Thanks

Steve

They are 110% legal as long as it is a pump. If it is a semi, the rules
change quite a bit, I do believe.... (both from fed and state sides).

I wouldn't say the reduction is 95%, but it does seem to take the
edge off. The more brutal the load the more reduction you seem
to get. Basically the laws of physics dont allow the energy to
just disappear, but what the knoxx thingy does is spread the energy over
time... so its like taking 10mm recoil and turning it into .45 ACP recoil... turning a "snap" into a "thump".

The only problem is the wire stock isn't all that comfortable. At least on the 870 the pistol grip will
not interfere with the safety button, as it does on the mossberg. (Well, you can work the button, but its kinda awkward)

-Mike

The Knoxx Compstock, which replaces the 870 factory stock, works very well for me. Before, I could not take the punishment from the recoil of slugs, but with the new stock, it's no problem, I don't feel sore at all after shooting ten or fifteen slugs.

They are 110% legal as long as it is a pump. If it is a semi, the rules
change quite a bit, I do believe.... (both from fed and state sides).

Does Knoxx make a folding stock that is also a recoil reducer? I thought that it was basically a fixed stcok.

I sold my stock 870 to a Federal Air Marshall who installed one of the Knoxx stocks and he swears by it's effectiveness in taming even heavy slug loads.

FPrice said:
Does Knoxx make a folding stock that is also a recoil reducer? I thought that it was basically a fixed stcok.

I sold my stock 870 to a Federal Air Marshall who installed one of the Knoxx stocks and he swears by it's effectiveness in taming even heavy slug loads.

Yeah, they make both types. The folder I think is actually cheaper than
the other option.

I think they also make one now that is a pistol grip only
reducer as well. (For those wrist breaker 12GA guns you see that only have
a pistol grip!)

Back
Top Bottom