FNG here

Hi all,

stumbled across the site and was pleased to see it. Thanks to the creators and contributors; so far, I've already learned a few things and gotten at least a couple of wide grins.

Quick intro: born and raised in and around Boston, and still work downtown, but recently moved to a much less hectic and infinitely more relaxing and peaceful place--Amesbury, MA. I live to hunt, fish and shoot, but fully admit that I had a much later start in life in the latter two pursuits than I'd like. That said, I've been on somewhere around 750 waterfowl hunts, taken and continue to actively pursue deer, turkey, pheasant, woodcock, squirrel and a few other critters locally. I've also hunted away from home a bit, and taken bear in Alaska among other things.

Anyway, I shoot as much as I can, am just beginning to get involved in reloading and have purchased about all the necessary gear, but haven't yet convinced the wife that her closet would better serve our collective household needs by me converting her shoe space into my reloading bench... [cry]

Anyway, look forward to being here and learning.

Cheers,

Leighton

P.S., Are many here hunters as well as shooters? Some sites I have vistited seem to frown on hunters. I hope this isn't one of them...

Glad to have you aboard Leighton. I love to pheasant hunt. I haven't hunted since I moved to this state from Minnesota 6 years ago. If you are planning on going pheasant hunting this fall I would love to go.

Derek

Leighton, welcome aboard!

We don't frown on ANY legal use of firearms here!

I advise severe caution when trying to intrude on a woman's "stash of shoes"! [twisted]

Thanks for the welcome, Derek. And on the ringnecks, absolutely. I hunt voraciously and will take out hunting about anyone else who enjoys it and is OK with stomping about over hill and dale or sitting in a blind (with the caveat that they share my respect for game laws and hunting/shooting ethics and don't point the business end of their scattergun or rifle at me while hunting [lol]).

The pheasant hunting I have done is mostly on public land over dogs (my friends', not mine--yet), and while there is a certain downer knowing that the vast majority of MA birds--and as best I know, almost all of those in New England--are released/stocked birds and hardly what I'd consider 'wild', it sure doesn't seem to matter when that rooster busts out of cover under your nose cackling like a mad thing. Nor does it bother me much when they're coming at me on a steaming platter in kiev style... 8) But hey, even the wild populations of the midwest and the like are really strangers in a strange land, being that the pheasant is a Chinese transplant...

I see at least a few of the group are 'black rifle' fans. I don't have one as yet (unless we're considering an old SKS :? ), as mostly I lean toward more 'utilitarian' hunting irons--before I get mugged, I do know that some, like my Chinese SKS, can be modified to accept hunting-legal magazines).

As stated, I am on the verge of getting into reloading, and hope to perhaps find some help here as time goes on. I own a few varied arms, and will soon probably start off loading 7mm RM, Win .30-30 and .375 H&H, as well as .357 mag and .45 ACP.

Thanks again for the welcome, and cheers!

Leighton

LenS said:
Leighton, welcome aboard! We don't frown on ANY legal use of firearms here!

Excellent, and thanks Les!

I advise severe caution when trying to intrude on a woman's "stash of shoes"! [twisted]

Yeah, tell me about it. But then I'm recently married, a slow learner AND a glutton for punishment. [roll]

Leighton

lhonda said:
Yeah, tell me about it. But then I'm recently married, a slow learner AND a glutton for punishment. [roll]

Leighton

Welcome aboard Leighton. Now - you need to add a couple other things to the "learning list". If you ask what's wrong and she says nothing - DON'T believe it. Keep asking til she caves. And, if she tells you you can go someplace without her, don't listen to the words - watch the body language. [lol]

Lynne said:
lhonda said:

Leighton

Welcome aboard Leighton. Now - you need to add a couple other things to the "learning list". If you ask what's wrong and she says nothing - DON'T believe it. Keep asking til she caves. And, if she tells you you can go someplace without her, don't listen to the words - watch the body language. [lol]

Thanks for the welcome and the ever-important 'woman's perspective', Lynne.

Now, I have a question about this whole body language thing. When I tell her for the 86th morning in a row that I'm going duck hunting, and that the house cleaning, shopping or whatever domestic nuisance can wait, and she says nothing, but instead glares at me then immediately delivers a smart slap across the face before rolling over and wrapping herself in the covers. What's that mean? It's all so corn-fusing to me...

Cheers,

Leighton

lhonda said:
Now, I have a question about this whole body language thing. When I tell her for the 86th morning in a row that I'm going duck hunting, and that the house cleaning, shopping or whatever domestic nuisance can wait, and she says nothing, but instead glares at me then immediately delivers a smart slap across the face before rolling over and wrapping herself in the covers. What's that mean? It's all so corn-fusing to me...

Cheers,

Leighton

[lol] [lol] [lol] Um...you might have to take a few extra lessons there, Leighton. One tip tho...silence isn't always golden. :D

I'm happily single and these are my toys :D Sorry - had to do it!! Welcome aboard btw!!

008_17A.jpg

I know I know.......it needs some work :D - More .308 battle rifles and or some bolt action rifles I still need.......Thanks though......If anyone wants to go shooting I'm trying to find a local range (ie Nashua) to shoot at. I went to the Manchester Firing Line yesterday and rented an MP5 - that was pretty fun but its not a 200-600 yd range which is namely what I'm looking for - like the Nashua Fish and Game one. I'll be around this coming weekend if anyone wants to shoot - after that I need to head off again TAD/TDY.

YogSothoth said:
Do you have a license for that Boomerang, sir?

:)

I get asked this a LOT lately......Honestly, it was placed there because it was one of the legal forms of concealed carry I have at my disposal in some parts of New England which are strictly communist......It may become my primary weapon when my Massachusetts NonResident Class A eventually expires.

Ok - I was bored.......I had to liven up the picture some........BTW - those are automatic knives too - not your "standard" folding knife........

Nice collection. As a hunter more than a shooter, I prefer bolt guns and am limited to ammo capacity, but friend, you sure know how to have fun!

And nice on the boomerang! 8)

Leighton

Back
Top Bottom