• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Time Voteing

i have never voted before but this year i am going to.\
can some one help me on the gun law bills that i should vote
for and should vote against
any help would be great
thanks

Unless you're in the legislature, you probably won't be able to vote for bills directly.

You're in Massachusetts, right? The best you can do is go here: My Election Information, find out who your elected officials are and inform them regularly (and politely) whom they are working for. Again, if you are Massachusetts, join GOAL and listen to their alerts on important information.

When in doubt, vote out the incumbent.
a) Being a politician, the odds are good that he's probably a cad.
b) The thing that distinguishes Democracy from every other form of government is the built-in capability to overthrow the government on a regular basis. Might as well excercise that unique right when possible.
;-)

sickone - first and foremost, before you contact your Rep or Senator, make sure you're registered to vote. They DO check for that. If you aren't, then you won't help anyone, including yourself, and your letter or phone call will wind up in the circular file.

As Jeremiah mentioned - join GOAL. Every month you'll receive a newspaper from them with bill numbers and whether GOAL supports them or not. You can also sign up for an email alert from GOAL on hot bills. You can also check out their web site - www.goal.org - for information.

Lastly - GOOD FOR YOU!! We need more gun owners getting involved with contacting their legicritters AND voting pro 2nd Amendment.

Lynne, I respectfully disagree when you say 'When in doubt, through out the incumbenet.' is the worst thing he can do. Given this states liberal bias towards anti-gun laws and such, we really shouldn't because there is also the chance he could lead to ousting an A+ rated Goal/NRA pol and install an F.

Instead of going in blind and voting to support pro-2nd Amend. politicians, take a look at Goals online Rating of our local politicians.

Also, try and learn more. I mean, I did the 'throw out the incumbant' and voted against one who has been endorsed by the Gun Owners PAC!

Democracy only works if the people who vote do so informed and not blindly.[/url]

Skald said:
Lynne, I respectfully disagree when you say 'When in doubt, through out the incumbenet.' is the worst thing he can do. Given this states liberal bias towards anti-gun laws and such, we really shouldn't because there is also the chance he could lead to ousting an A+ rated Goal/NRA pol and install an F.

First, it was Jeremiah, not Lynne, who posted the "when in doubt..." advice. Both he and Lynne, however, did say that one should join GOAL and check out their recommendations on candidates. If you do that and see that the incumbent has an A or A+ rating (or conversely, a D- or F rating), then you would hardly be in doubt, would you?

As a general rule, I'd vote to keep an A or A+ rated legislator, regardless of how good the opposition might look, because of the power of seniority. For the same reason, I'd vote against an F or D- rated incumbent regardless of the opposition for exactly the same reason. There are good, pro-RKBA people in both parties, and statist, victim-disarmament advocates in both parties. Getting rid of bad incumbents and keeping good ones will let our supporters (in either party) rise to positions of power withing the legislature.

Just my
2cents.gif

Ken

I am soooo offended.

(voting-out-the-incumbent is only recommended if you haven't done your homework. Doing your homework is recommended.)

Skald dear, your forgiven.

Jeremiah...if I were a man and confused with a woman, I'd be offended to. [lol]

You only throw out the bathwater when it's dirty dearhearts. If the baby's still in it, don't toss it. Got it? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom