First Gun

M&P 40 from four seasons was my first gun/pistol I purchased in 2009. Have since sold it as who wants a fotay?....
First rifle was a Norinco SKS from Four Seasons which I still own but haven’t shot in years.
Haha. Same deal here M&P 40 compact from 4 Seasons the day I got my LTC back in 2009!

Mossberg 500, father bought it for me when I was 14.

Still in use

View attachment 266288

Wow!!! That must make that gun, what? Like 75 years old! [laugh] Still running like a champ.

I always mean to mention your profile picture. I was there that day (and I remember your sign). Wish I knew you were an NES'r. Would have made it a point to say hello.

Last edited:
First was an Anschutz 22 LR bolt action. It was a youth model I think called an Achiever. It was a gift when I was in eight grade. Eventually my parents gave me a Ruger 10/22 in high school.

First I bought for myself was a 9 mm Sig P226 many years later.

First, a Daisy 50 shot BB gun in 1954. Taken away from me app. two years later when I was caught shooting it in the kitchen. Never saw it again. First handgun - S&W .38 Chief's Special in 1966. First long gun - Marlin Glenfield 60. The S&W is long gone, sold when broke while in the military in 1968. The Marlin Glenfield is still here and still going strong.

My first purchase after getting my LTC was a Smith and Wesson, 4", nickeled, model 19. great hand gun. Second was Marlin, golden, 39A. Third was a Ruger, 44 magnum, finger groove, sporter. All three are great firearms, still today.

I bought my first gun from Roach's too... a Glock 22 (gen 3). Looking at it through the glass I was hoping it was a 17, but to my surprise it wasn't. I bought it anyway for the hell of it as an impulse buy. So I originally went in to order a M&P 45 and came out with a Glock 22. I sold the 22 a few years and replaced it with a Gen 4 21, couldn't be happier.

+1 for the Mossy 500 being my first shotgun.

Last edited:
The first was a 13th birthday present
An Ithaca single shot 20 gauge with the lever action break open. Still have it.
The first I bought with my own money was a High Standard .22 revolver.

First:
Rifle: 10/22 .22
Battle Rifle: Bushmaster A2 5.56mm
Scattergun: Mossy 500A 12ga
Wheelgun: Colt Lawman III .357mag
Pistol: Bersa .22

Used old Remington Nylon 10, bolt action 22 when I was around 10 or 11 yo. Wish I still had it. Not many of them around anymore.

First pistol was a Sig P229 in 357 Sig and 40 SW I bought new around '95 from Jims Gun Shop in Fayetteville NC when I was around 21. If you wanted the hot new 357 sig round back then it was the only option.

I bought a lot of guns at Jim's around 1999: Glock 21 (when everyone had to have a Glock!), M1 carbine...

But my very first was an Auto Ordnance 1911 bought new from a sporting goods store on Grand St in Laramie, WY in 1995 or 1996. I traded it to my best friend around 2002 or so, for a Lee-Enfield no 5 mk 1 in slick shape, which I'll never let go. My friend's still got the AO.

Handgun: xD45 first Gen in Arizona about 12 years ago, also first gun ever, still have and love, shoot monthly.
Rifle: Mosin, $99 +5 from AIM Surplus 10 years ago, first of 2, since sold both.
Shotgun: Savage 88, $115 on Gunbroker Inc shipping 8 years ago, put a factory short barrel & pistol grip on it for HD. Shoot clays occasionally.

Favorites: e-Series 1911, Henry Big Boy 38/357 carbine soon to be joined by Big Bro 44mag rifle Thursday, my "wedding shotgun" a nothing special Steven's pump, but that's a story for another thread:)

a T/C Hawken Flintlock Kit .... those were quite popular around the Bicentennial, & after the Jeremiah Johnson movie came out.

"He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better." (make that a .45... used it a couple of weeks back in our "any rifle/any sights" match.... )

First handgun: Browning hi-power (wish I still had)
First rifle: Ruger 10/22 (still have)
First Shotgun: Mossberg 500 kit with 18 & 28 barrels (still have)

My first gun was a crosman 760.

My first real guns were:
Rifle: Mosin 91/30 (first ever)
Pistol: Shield 9mm (still have it and use it)
Shotgun: Remington 870 Express Tactical (Traded it for an SKS)

The first I've actually owned? A Sauer&Sohn drilling in 9.3x72, 7x64 and 22WMR (the engraving is worth more than I make in two months), a double barreled rifle in .375 H&H from the same manufacturer, Suhl 16ga and a Manurhin revolver in .357. All inherited from my grandfather on the French side. He was a big game hunter, but the stuff worked just fine on boars too. They're at my brother's for safekeeping.

I think I answer this differently when the subject comes up but I believe I got it right now. I hadn't had my ltc too long and dirty harry came out. like a million others, I wanted one of those bad boy 29's and couldn't find one. the salesman at Ivanhoe said he had a revolver that "looked like it" so I walked out with a used k-38 masterpiece. don't know the model number. hey, I didn't know any better but gosh I loved that gun and put a ton of ammo through it. bought the k-22 a few months after. 2 super revolvers, both with target trigger and hammer, actions were sweet.

My first was a SW 686, only revolver I have, and still fun to shoot!
Purchased at Roach's back in the day.

Benjamin 392 .22 pellet gun. Does that count? Man, that thing was fun, and it was nice to actually go shooting in the back yard--something that most MA folk just don't get to do with real guns. Took like a 20 year hiatus between that and my Shield 9mm (first real firearm).

My first was a stainless GP100 with the fixed ramp sights. This was peak hysteria post SH and there were no 9mms in stock. Ended up trading it in for a Beretta 92A1 for my first semi that then became trade bait for a 92FS Vertec.
I missed the Ruger after the fact and bought another, a 3” Talo edition.
7452F86E-95A1-4AA0-A548-CEF4FD11BC98.jpeg 8E10B4B9-CBAA-47B6-BF33-E27C0DC0EBB8.png

first rifle: Ithaca m49 .22 when I was 12
first handgun: .36 1851 Navy when I was 18. The minimum age for an LTC was 18 back then.

1022 from Service Merchandise in Burlington on my 18th birthday. Shortly afterwards bought an 870 from Roach's. A year later got an 8 inch Model 27 at a gun show in Nashville.

I have been following this thread and find it interesting how many people say, like myself, " And I will never sell it."

Part of the reason for me is that I would have to be honest in the ad...

"Sig 226 .40 cal for sale. Short reset trigger, new Sig Nite Sites, new recoil spring. Houge finger groove grips installed, still have original grips. LNIB with everything that it came with new. Approx 52,000 rounds fired."

First hand gun I ever bought for myself was a Lew Hortons S&W 1911.
Quality was way up back then and it would take me years to appreciate what an absolute TACK driver it was compared to the shit they put out these days and call piss.

Back
Top Bottom