First CMP order! It's here!

and keep in mind that blanks are very corrosive so you're going to have to clean your rifle the right way afterwards! I wouldn't do it

Just got email from CMP, order placed on 9/19/13 has been shipped. FedEx priority, +$5.00 for delivery between 5:00-8:00 pm. M1 Garand SA Service Grade. Overnight shipping, will have tomorrow !!![laugh2][mg][banana][banana][banana][party2][iwojima]

Last edited:
Just got email from CMP, order placed on 9/19/13 has been shipped. FedEx priority, +$5.00 for delivery between 5:00-8:00 pm. M1 Garand SA Service Grade. Overnight shipping, will have tomorrow !!![laugh2][mg][banana][banana][banana][party2][iwojima]

Awesome - can't wait to see some pictures (best part of the thread ;) - I have my fingers crossed that you get +1/+1 and good GI wood.

My order for an SA CMP Special hit the estore 7/29--no word until yesterday. (details in post 163 of this thread) I received an email offering a switch to an HRA Special delivered in 2-4 weeks or wait at least another six months for the SA. Since it is a special, I switched to the HRA.

I also asked her to add a note to my HRA Service Grade order indicating it is ok to switch to an SA. It has been "in process" since 9/7 and I received the DBU 10/1. I am still waiting for it to hit the estore. 8-(

Update: received the shipping email two days later!!!. It will be here Monday! [banana]

It's here!!! [party]

Will post pics this weekend after I figure out how to strip it and clean it.

Last edited:
RM1HRAS M1 Garand HRA Service Grade
Customer Number: 295521
Sent application: 8/31/13
Received: 9/4/13
DBU: 9/25/13
Estore: 9/25/13
CC: ???
Ship: ???
Delivered: ???

Seeing the 9/19 Order being ship is giving me hopes im getting mine soon!! haha

Might as well add another 200 rounds of ammo while I wait and some clips

NM op-rod (national match grade)

October '41 Receiver

January '55 SA re-barrel; new condition at 0+ ME and 1+ TE

DOD replacement stock proof, 1953-1957; 1/2: Eagle and 3 stars

Very Very nice.

T

$4 each at my local store. 2 for $1 at the Plymouth show, although the brown stuff, not the original yellow.

T

Any other national match parts?

Is it typical for CMP rifles to come packed with cosmo?? I thought they were pretty much ready to go when they arrive.

Is it typical for CMP rifles to come packed with cosmo?? I thought they were pretty much ready to go when they arrive.

CMP RIFLES ARE NOT GOOD TO GO RIGJT FROM THE BOX....read your manual. Minimum field strip,clean and lube.

With your newly aquired CMP M1 garand you should have a plastic zip lock containing a shoot N C target a safety flyer some misc advertisement papers along with a book titled. US rifle Cal 30 M1 with a big red bar at the bottom containing the words.
READ THIS FIRST! ON PAGE 2 next to the warning to make sure your weapon is CLEAR is the WARNING read this and then the manual.

Now go here and learn all about disassemble the m1 M1 Garand - Nomenclature & Accessories & Maintenance

M1 Garand (How to Strip your Rifle) another good one
And to lube it go here after you clean it. M1 Garand (Lubrication)

Garand gear has a few more good reads on ammo,stock care, cleaning ect ect I cant provide every link.
Also go to cmp home page...click onto sales on the left side you will find 2 links one near the top
Amorers Corner and one near the bottom "tech section" provides a ton of information

Last edited:
Mine's still a month or so away but I'd definitely read thru everything they send with it. I guess the part that throws me is I know they test fire them (and include the test target with your gun?). So if it were full of cosmo, how is it test fired?

CMP RIFLES ARE NOT GOOD TO GO RIGJT FROM THE BOX....read your manual. Minimum field strip,clean and lube.

With your newly aquired CMP M1 garand you should have a plastic zip lock containing a shoot N C target a safety flyer some misc advertisement papers along with a book titled. US rifle Cal 30 M1 with a big red bar at the bottom containing the words.
READ THIS FIRST! ON PAGE 2 next to the warning to make sure your weapon is CLEAR is the WARNING read this and then the manual.

Now go here and learn all about disassemble the m1 M1 Garand - Nomenclature & Accessories & Maintenance

M1 Garand (How to Strip your Rifle) another good one
And to lube it go here after you clean it. M1 Garand (Lubrication)

Garand gear has a few more good reads on ammo,stock care, cleaning ect ect I cant provide every link.
Also go to cmp home page...click onto sales on the left side you will find 2 links one near the top
Amorers Corner and one near the bottom "tech section" provides a ton of information
Thanks very good information. SA reciever all SA with sequencial #s , trigger SA , barrel has a P on bottom . Only one part marked NM . Haven't totaly brocken down gun , just a lot of cosmo to clean.

Last edited:
Finally here. 1st garand. School me on muzzle reading, throat reading and rifle grade. Here are the first few pics. Just ripped open box

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382392763147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382392763147.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Finally here. 1st garand. School me on muzzle reading, throat reading and rifle grade. Here are the first few pics. Just ripped open box

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dont worry about the muzzle and throat readings to much. More details to what you ordered.
I maybe wrong but a rifle showing up with NM where not to be used on general issue rifles if they found their way into the rearsenal bins ??? So if that is true its just showing that CMP does and will build up/ repalce parts as needed for each grade ?

Give us more info on your rifle

looking at your 1 pic it seems to be a 1953 SA barrel your readings should be pretty good on that....but dont fret over the #s My 1942 SA has the worst reading of my 4 service grades but my secound best shooter.

Last edited:
And my wait for SG rifle now begins...

Paperwork received 10/4/13
DBU email on 10/18/13

Hoping for an awesome xmas delivery from CMP Santa

Question for you guys that have received ammo orders from CMP lately. Are you still getting mixed mid 70's HXP?

Back
Top Bottom