First CMP order! It's here!

I have found cmp hold time long if you call customer service in general. Never seems to be long when I call back to a extension?
Don't matter much. If I cant hold I will wait for the call back. Going go be a few weeksxbefore I get any range time so no rush.

I have found cmp hold time long if you call customer service in general. Never seems to be long when I call back to a extension?
Don't matter much. If I cant hold I will wait for the call back. Going go be a few weeksxbefore I get any range time so no rush.

U R probably right, I have only called the main #.

Call back to cmp this morning, for S&Gs I timed from first ring to hang up......2min17sec. Rifle should ship in next 7 to 10 days....

Good luck! Look forward to the pictures later today.
Thanks dude, she just arrived.
Quick Overview:
VERY nice GAW stock that has been sanded, "SA GAW" and crossed cannons are visible, partially sanded off, but in otherwise great condition. No ugly marks or repairs that I have found, yet. It has the circular cutout in heel of the pistol grip for (I'm assuming) an armory rack disk type of device. Handguards match well.
SA 3-52 BBL, ME 2, TE 4
SA Bolt
HRA Op Rod which is ok because I can switch it with an SA op rod from an HRA SG that I have.
Complete HRA trigger group with stamped trigger guard that appears mostly unused.

I'm in love. I will have a complete breakdown with good pics later today.

Ipad AUG 2013 310.jpg Ipad AUG 2013 311.jpg Ipad AUG 2013 314.jpg Ipad AUG 2013 315.jpg

Last edited:
For the benefit of anyone tracking orders from the May timeframe:

RM1HRAS M1 Garand HRA Service Grade
Order #470543
Sent application: April 29, 2013
Received: May 3, 2013
DBU: May 14, 2013
Estore: July 12, 2013
CC: August 28, 2013
Ship: August 30, 2013
Delivered: September 3, 2013

Order #470543
Pics??? We got rules around here.

Order #470543

I must be getting close. Mine hit the estore on July 16. Thanks for the update -- I'll post more info (and pics!) hopefully in a matter of days. Did you get a GI stock?

UPDATE: (CC HIT TODAY!!!)

I Ordered a SA CMP Special:

Sent application: Late April
Received: 05/02/2013
Didn't get DBU, So I B'd them. They said they sent DBU on: 05/10/2013
Hit the Estore: 07/11/2013
CC: 09/05/13
Ship: ?
Delivered: ?

CC hit it should ship like tomorrow. You should get a fedex ship notice from cmp.
You can also set up account with fedex and ups to get notices when ever things are being shipped to you.

CC hit it should ship like tomorrow. You should get a fedex ship notice from cmp.
You can also set up account with fedex and ups to get notices when ever things are being shipped to you.

Great news! I am a professional package "stalker." I have the apps for round the clock package location awareness.

In your case then, check the e-store. When they add the free case to your order, you're 1-2 weeks from shipping. When your order moves from 'open' to 'closed', they've shipped.

T

OK, getting closer.

RM1HRAS
Order #471523
Paperwork sent in early May, received by CMP 5/13
DNB email 5/28
eStore 07/16
Free hard case and round-up donation showed up in the eStore today!

If its any help m2 ball loose ammo seems to be moving out qiluickly....I was surprised to get s shipped notice already!

If its any help m2 ball loose ammo seems to be moving out qiluickly....I was surprised to get s shipped notice already!

Yep. I ordered 200 rounds on August 5. Shipped August 27, had it September 3. Probably would have had it sooner except for the long weekend.

See? It starts with 1 rifle. Then you want a WWII rifle. Then you want an early and a late WWII rifle. Then you collect 1 from each manufacturer. Then you need specific war year production or serial numbers. Of course you also need extras to hand down to your family, etc....it never ends! Welcome to the brotherhood of Garand junkies.

I cannot get this statement out of my head as I check the status of my order daily. I was bummed when the message that stated the rifle would ship within 30 days of the order date disappeared. So I thought to myself, since it will eventually happen, I may as well order another one now. This way, I can be checking the status for two rifles so I can make better use of my time. Yeah, that's it--make more effective use of my time! [thinking]

I just mailed the paper work for a M1 Garand, HRA Service Grade to keep the CMP Special company.

Sent application: September 7, 2013
Received: ? (sent regular USPS)
DBU: October 1, 2013 (see ya in 90-120 days...)
Estore: October 25, 2013
CC: December 2, 2013
Ship: December 4, 2013
Delivered: December 5, 2013

[dance]Some pics in post 557.

Last edited:
Hello all. quick question who are you all sending the envelop on the mail ?
I have only send first class mail before,but a quick look online at USPS and a was lost we all the ways to send mail [laugh]

Should I have proof of delivery return receipt?
Thank you.

When I sent in my first order that includes copies of my licenses, passport, etc., I sent it certified with return receipt. This time, with all the sensitive items already "on file", I just sent it as regular first class mail.

OK, getting closer.

RM1HRAS
Order #471523
Paperwork sent in early May, received by CMP 5/13
DNB email 5/28
eStore 07/16
Free hard case and round-up donation showed up in the eStore today!

Just heard from CMP today, shipped out and should be here tomorrow! Pictures to follow ASAP, hopefully a range report before the weekend is out! [banana]

Just heard from CMP today, shipped out and should be here tomorrow! Pictures to follow ASAP, hopefully a range report before the weekend is out! [banana]

Wolo, Congrats!

UPDATE: (Delivered Today)

Ship:09/10/13
Delivered: 09/11/13

Phone on fritz, so pix soon. Range report, very fun, blister on my thumb!

Wolo, Congrats!

congrats! Read up on that Garand thumb! M1 Garand (M1 Thumb) [smile]

Very nice. Did you get a GI stock or a new CMP one? I'm hoping for the former.

Wolo, Congrats!

congrats! Read up on that Garand thumb! M1 Garand (M1 Thumb) [smile]
Yes, I was lucky to avoid that. Just a little sore from pushing down on the enbloc clip. Not sure if there is a better way, or if it just needs to be broken in. I managed to not get clipped by the closing bolt.

Very nice. Did you get a GI stock or a new CMP one? I'm hoping for the former.
New CMP wood. I got one of the specials. November 1944 S#. It is basically a new rifle with an old receiver. I like it, if I had know more about this when ordering, I would have grabbed a HRA SG, but I am still happy with mine.

Yes, I was lucky to avoid that. Just a little sore from pushing down on the enbloc clip. Not sure if there is a better way, or if it just needs to be broken in. I managed to not get clipped by the closing bolt.

New CMP wood. I got one of the specials. November 1944 S#. It is basically a new rifle with an old receiver. I like it, if I had know more about this when ordering, I would have grabbed a HRA SG, but I am still happy with mine.

Ah, sorry in my excitement I didn't notice that you got the special. I thought about that but went with the HRA SG because it seemed like a better deal, and naively figured that more SA options would show up down the road. Not thinking that's too likely now..

From what I can tell on the HRA SGs, some of the recent ones are GI wood and some are new production. Fingers crossed, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Take care of that thumb [smile] and enjoy the Garand!

Ah, sorry in my excitement I didn't notice that you got the special. I thought about that but went with the HRA SG because it seemed like a better deal, and naively figured that more SA options would show up down the road. Not thinking that's too likely now..

From what I can tell on the HRA SGs, some of the recent ones are GI wood and some are new production. Fingers crossed, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Take care of that thumb [smile] and enjoy the Garand!

Thanks! I really think you are going to make out good on this. I have been watching the photos of the stuff coming out of there, and it really looks nice. I didn't sleep well last night, and of course had to wake up early and wait for fedex guy. They have a tendency to ring the bell and run away before I can get to the door, so I wanted to be on my toes.

Back
Top Bottom