First CMP order! It's here!

ohh the joy......cmp ships almost anywhere that is not prohibited by actual law . find a secure location to ship to. work,friend, parents,grand parents,brother. As long as it stays in the box and is labeled to you, that said I think cmp will ship to any address you put on the notarized form ? It sucks and the changes I see is eventually fedex/ups will no longer deliver ammo or guns to residential address regardless of the laws...they simply will stop shipping it.

Last edited:
Got my FG SA M1 today (my first FG from the CMP) just out of the box minutes ago (for you mac1911). Looks pretty correct. The barrel is marked 10-43 which is correct for the born date of 11-43. TE is a 5 which is sneh (I have seen USGI out of wrapper barrels with a TE of 2) and and ME of 2. The stock is a little strange to me as it looks good but it has no armory marking on it. Just the number "47." My guess is it went to one of the allies or maybe an after war stock. There are no other markings on the stock that I can see but there is a very faint "47" on the left side of the butt (rack numbers?) maybe it was sanded. Any thoughts? The most important thing is that I got a WW2 SN. I asked for a milled guard but I think stamped is correct for this born date.

IMAG1029.jpg IMAG1030.jpg IMAG1031.jpg IMAG1020.jpg IMAG1023.jpg IMAG1024.jpg IMAG1025.jpg IMAG1026.jpg IMAG1027.jpg

Excuse the pics, my phone is all kinds of wacky.

Last edited:
from what I see of the stock it looks to be in nice shape for a FG as does the overall condition...i thing the ME TE readings are the onlt thing that made it a FG..... now get over to hanson on the 3rd sunday and show us how it shoots!

from what I see of the stock it looks to be in nice shape for a FG as does the overall condition...i thing the ME TE readings are the onlt thing that made it a FG..... now get over to hanson on the 3rd sunday and show us how it shoots!

Trying to get there but the kid's Hockey eats my weekend. I'm sure it shoots a whole lot better than me! [sad]

I think your right about the FG being due to the TE but it's better than ME being higher.

The number 47 on the underside of the grip is pretty interesting. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic. Are you certain that the "4" is not a letter "A"? In that case it could have been an Anniston rebuild.

Any sign that an acceptance stamp used to be there but was sanded off? Any marking in the stock channel?

The number 47 on the underside of the grip is pretty interesting. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic. Are you certain that the "4" is not a letter "A"? In that case it could have been an Anniston rebuild.

Any sign that an acceptance stamp used to be there but was sanded off? Any marking in the stock channel?

I looked pretty hard for stamps and could not find them. I didn't use a flashlight so maybe I will try that later and check the stock channel. The only other markings were on the left side of the butt where you could see a VERY faint painted number "47" but I could not tell if it was sanded off or worn off. I have an extra Korean stock that has a number like this but it is not stamped and it also have Korean writing on the butt. I am confused as the wood looks good and has some wear to it.

Just remember fhese rifles where issued allxover the world and in many countries some countries we might have never heard of and some that don't exist anymore.
these m1 could have been rebuilt many times in foriegn arsenals with what ever they had on hand or made themselfs or what ever the cmp had on hand to put on there?
Still a better looking rifle than most field grades....

Just remember fhese rifles where issued allxover the world and in many countries some countries we might have never heard of and some that don't exist anymore.
these m1 could have been rebuilt many times in foriegn arsenals with what ever they had on hand or made themselfs or what ever the cmp had on hand to put on there?
Still a better looking rifle than most field grades....

It is pretty tight and am pleased with my first FG. Still, it bugs the heck out of me.

So I did a detail strip and cleaning of it today. I could not find any marks other than those noted (the stamped "47" on the grip and the faint painted "47" on the left side of the butt). Nothing in the channel and nothing showed up in the usual places using the flashlight to see if there was any faint outline. It leads me to believe, combined with the faint "47" that it was sanded and laquered again at some point. All of the parts look to have original wear on them so it may be a pretty correct rifle and the barrel is definately original. I did notice that the elevation nob on the rear sight is marked "HRA." I don't know if HRA made sights during the war.

I also noticed that the forward guard had some play and upon closer inspection the rear brand was bent forward where the op rod channel is. I replaced that with a spare and it fits nice now. Anyway, here are some more pics. maybe one of you folks can see something I don't.

IMAG1032.jpg
IMAG1033.jpg
IMAG1034.jpg
This is the faint "47"

IMAG1036.jpg
IMAG1037.jpg
IMAG1039.jpg
IMAG1040.jpg
IMAG1041.jpg
IMAG1042.jpg
IMAG1044.jpg

Does anyone else use this to record their rifle?

http://usriflecal30m1.com/Default.aspx

Does CMP enter this information?? I received my SA SG in June and when I go into "Create Component List" it is already fully populated with 100% SA parts. Since I know that the stock is an HRA, I know this list can't be correct, but I don't see any way to edit the list... what's up with that?

Does CMP enter this information?? I received my SA SG in June and when I go into "Create Component List" it is already fully populated with 100% SA parts. Since I know that the stock is an HRA, I know this list can't be correct, but I don't see any way to edit the list... what's up with that?

I think that is absed on what it would have came with out of the factory (not sure) does yours have any arsenal rebuild stamps?

My ammo finally came in today. The can looked like it was buried somewhere in Bastogne. CMP Ammo can.jpg The ammo looks awesome though, HXP 70 - HXP 79 it appears.

I just want to note that I hate Fedex. They tried to delivery it twice around noon during the week (no big deal, it needed a signature), so I created an account online to request that they delivery it to the closest fedex office (next town over). It accepts the request and tells me I can pick it up there. So after work I swing by, and they tell me it's not there. They say there's a chance that it would take more than 24hrs to get there from the distribution center in Brockton. The lady at the desk checks the door tag number and says it was scheduled to get there that same day.

So I wait two more days and then swing by again. They say it's still not there, and when they check the number again they say it's still in Brockton. I ask them if they could request that it is sent from Brockton to the local office (because I've already done so, and it didnt work). They tell me they can't do that. Now, I have no idea why a fedex employee is not allowed to put any requests into the system for a customer. They tell me that I will need to call the 1-800 line to figure out what happened myself.

So I get the number and I put a call in and they put me on hold for about 25min. When the lady finally gets back on the line she says that because it was hazmat, it can only be picked up at Brockton, and can't be sent to the local office. So since I have today off, I asked if she could request that it is again shipped to my house.

Luckily, it came in today and to put icing on the cake the delivery guy gives me attitude that he's really glad I'm here, because he's wasted so much of his time coming out here for nothing. [rolleyes]

Been there with FedEx and cmp ammo.

Same, posted about it too. Hopefully when my rifle arrives it won't be as big a pain. I was told they may ship their rifles via FedEx frieght instea dof FedEx home and if that is the case they can direct it to any FedEx location with no worries.

I had a FedEx driver try to tell me I had to be a dealer to take delivery. After arguing with him for a little while I took his name and called corporate to complain. I had the distinct impression he was an anti.

Same, posted about it too. Hopefully when my rifle arrives it won't be as big a pain. I was told they may ship their rifles via FedEx frieght instea dof FedEx home and if that is the case they can direct it to any FedEx location with no worries.

The rifles come Fedex Express so your local fedex depot can hold it for you but I don't think a Fedex Kinko's location can. Just like UPS stores can't accept firearms/ammo for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom