First CMP order! It's here!

This seems to be the gibe over on cmp forums. Will see. Orest has already stated most will not be happy with the prices?
I have seen several on cmp auction site already. We will see. Things are getting back to normal at cmp. At least they are getting paper work from mail bin to estore in less than 30 days now.

This is what I have seen as well. Somehow, magically, my first M1 back when I was 18 was and IHC (you don't want to know what I paid for it, it will make you sad) but I can always use another.

I think we will see the IHC's and I also believe the prices aren't going to be ridiculous. I'm betting they will be on the low end of the value scale for an IHC. So I'm thinking around $1000 for the most common and probably up to $1800 for the rarest. I'm just guessing based on how the CMP prices things.

Anyone confirm that they only ship rifles on fridays? I thought I read that in this thread somewhere but my order just went to processing and is preparing to ship, just hoping its not going to sit that way till Friday.

Anyone confirm that they only ship rifles on fridays? I thought I read that in this thread somewhere but my order just went to processing and is preparing to ship, just hoping its not going to sit that way till Friday.

Yes I can confirm that they DO NOT only ship rifles on Fridays. Mine left Anniston last Wednesday and was delivered last Thursday.

Yes I can confirm that they DO NOT only ship rifles on Fridays. Mine left Anniston last Wednesday and was delivered last Thursday.

I can now confirm your confirmation as mine just shipped! Due here thursday, can't wait!! [smile]

So my Greek ammo was supposed to be delivered today. I went online earlier this week and requested delivery to a FedEx place near where I work so I could stop by and pick it up on the way home as no one will be home to sign for it. There was no option to schedule delivery for a later time (used to be able to do this for an extra $5 or sumsuch). Got a call this AM saying they couldn't deliver it there "because of what it is" and that I had to go to Auburn to pick it up (no where near on my way home). I asked if I could pick it up at their distribution center in Worcester, they said no it has to stay there in Auburn or be delivered to the delivery address specified "because of what it is". I asked if I could pay extra for someone to show up after 5pm, was told no. FU FedEx and the horse you rode in on. Never had this problem before with FedEx when I lived elsewhere and ordered ammo, I guess FedEx in mass sucks like everything else.

/rant

No kidding post some pics! I wont be shooting again till 2014 so I need some sort of fix!

Do the man a solid people!

So my Greek ammo was supposed to be delivered today. I went online earlier this week and requested delivery to a FedEx place near where I work so I could stop by and pick it up on the way home as no one will be home to sign for it. There was no option to schedule delivery for a later time (used to be able to do this for an extra $5 or sumsuch). Got a call this AM saying they couldn't deliver it there "because of what it is" and that I had to go to Auburn to pick it up (no where near on my way home). I asked if I could pick it up at their distribution center in Worcester, they said no it has to stay there in Auburn or be delivered to the delivery address specified "because of what it is". I asked if I could pay extra for someone to show up after 5pm, was told no. FU FedEx and the horse you rode in on. Never had this problem before with FedEx when I lived elsewhere and ordered ammo, I guess FedEx in mass sucks like everything else.

/rant

They are being kind of jerks. I got my can shipped to a Fedex kinkos and they said "we are not really suppose to take this." However, they gave it to me anyway. I set up a Fedex account and divert all my shipments to the Hub in Needham on 3rd Ave. My guess is that it is something to do with the security of the facility and if it is secure 24 hours a day. If Worcester is a hub, they should take it. Needham is a small hub but I have never had a problem. I have to pick up my new (to me) M1 tomorrow in Needham.

/rant

no fault of fedex,,,,,, you dont know the regs.....ups/fedex will not ship guns or ammo to the outlets, this is nothing new. Has to be main hub...

no fault of fedex,,,,,, you dont know the regs.....ups/fedex will not ship guns or ammo to the outlets, this is nothing new. Has to be main hub...

Ever seen the hub in Worcester? It's no "outlet" the place is massive, and deff has 24/7 security.

I'll probably look into setting up a place at Mailboxes etc, they used to deliver ammo/guns to those. Set it up in NH and I can get ammo shipped from anywhere to it. I've got future orders from the CMP already planned, it'll be worth saving the hassle since they won't schedule late deliveries any longer like they used to.

Last edited:
Ever seen the hub in Worcester? It's no "outlet" the place is massive, and deff has 24/7 security.

I'll probably look into setting up a place at Mailboxes etc, they used to deliver ammo/guns to those. Set it up in NH and I can get ammo shipped from anywhere to it. I've got future orders from the CMP already planned, it'll be worth saving the hassle since they won't schedule late deliveries any longer like they used to.

you might want to check the "used to ship" Mailboxes ect might recieve these goods but fed ex may not deliver ammunition there? Alot has changed in the shipping in just the last year or so. More international influence (regulations)affecting domestic shipping. I know it sucks and can be a royal PITA even worse when a vendor has their own policies(ie: will only ship to premise adress on my FFL03!) When I asked about the recieving at other locations from fedex rep she was very clear and pointed me to the right regs and any relevant info. Below applies to both dropping off and recieving at the stores...She said drop off is the same weather shipping out or in. See Below

You can drop off dangerous goods at some, but not all, staffed FedEx locations. To find one in your area go to Find FedEx Locations; enter a ZIP code, address or phone number; then select "Dangerous goods." If not dropped off at a staffed location that accepts dangerous goods, your shipment must be tendered to FedEx Express via a scheduled pickup at the customer location.

Dangerous goods shipments, including dry ice, are not accepted at FedEx Express® Drop Box locations, FedEx Office® Print and Ship Center locations, FedEx Authorized ShipCenter® locations or FedEx ShipSite® locations (such as OfficeMax), with the following exceptions:

Biological Substance, Category B (UN 3373) shipments may be placed in FedEx Express Drop Boxes, including drop boxes at FedEx Office Print and Ship Center locations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico; they are not, however, accepted at drop boxes at FedEx ShipSite locations.
FedEx Express shipments containing IATA Section II lithium batteries are accepted at FedEx Office Print and Ship Center locations and may be placed in FedEx Express Drop Boxes.

FedEx Ground hazardous materials shipments, including ORM-D such as ammunition or Limited Quantity shipments, cannot be dropped off at FedEx Express or FedEx Office locations. They must be picked up by a FedEx Ground driver.

She also mentioned not all hubs or distribution centers are staffed for walk in service...this is why you cant go to one vs the other. Same shit down this way in the plymouth cape code area.

FedEx must have changed quite a bit then. I picked stuff up at the Worcester hub about a year ago, but it wasn't ammo, so maybe they aren't "equipped" to deal with it there? I'll defitely check before settign up a private delivery box, but having to drive a half hour out of my way is a bit on the silly side.

I know it sucks and can be a royal PITA even worse when a vendor has their own policies(ie: will only ship to premise address on my FFL03!)

I don't think they have a choice about this, something requiring an FFL would always have to go to the address on the FFL.

I don't think they have a choice about this, something requiring an FFL would always have to go to the address on the FFL.
correct ANY adress on the FFL03(there is 2 sections for addresses on the license) or any adress they can assume the addressee would be the one receiving it....the link with the ATF letter I had is dead again but its out there.

I just picked up mine today from Fedex and I think I know what the problem is. I had a similar issue to yours, I wanted to pick it up at the depot near the Shriner's auditorium in Wilmington. Its most convenient for me. I had them hold it for me at the depot and the tracking info said it was in Wilmington. Cool! So I head over there this afternoon and give the guy my tracking number and he says 'this isn't one of our tracking numbers'. I said yeah it is, and the website says the package is here. He says oh I bet its a ground package and I confirm it is and he tells me that Fedex Ground service is handled thru different depots and hubs! The package is in Wilmington but its at the Fedex Ground hub which is in a totally different area (other side of town). But the package was there waiting for me when I got over there so alls well that ends well.

I bet its a similar situation with yours, you wanted to pick it up at a regular Fedex depot not a Fedex Ground depot.

BTW, I tried a couple of rounds after I picked it up and that stuff is hot! I could see the remnants of burning powder coming out the end of my barrel when I shot it alongside some Varget loaded reloads I was shooting.

WRT the FedEx issue.. I had to go through a metal detector and leave my pocket knife in the car if I wanted my ammo... I told the security guard on the way out I had 400 rounds of ammunition under my arms........ I laughed on the way out at their stupid policy. Even complained to the site manager, didn't matter.

When I do order ammo, I'm going to demand they deliver it to the security desk. I'll refuse to enter their facility.

Did you see all the no weapons signs they had in the parking lot too? I was on my way to the range when I picked up the ammo so I was kinda like oh well!

I had to go thru the metal detector too (also pocket knife on me) but the security guy was just like, whatever go ahead.

Yeah it was FedEx ground, and I asked again when I was picking it up if there was someplace closer that wasn't half an hour out of my way to pick it up, and was told no. Was also told they don't do the pay extra for after hours delivery either. I got a laugh at all the no guns/knives/toothpicks/anything that might give a papercut signs as I was walking in. Hows that work when I go to pick up my M1 in a few weeks? I had to request to be buzzed in through some rotating gate thingamajob, not sure what good that does them since they didn't even ask my name or anything, and it sure wasn't a metal detector. I just said I was there to pick up a package and the lady buzzed me in.

The M1 goes by FedEx not FedEx ground so it'll be the regular depot. Ammo cant go by air but the rifle does.

Back
Top Bottom