• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

finished the course going for license but...

Hey guys, i turned 21 (finally!) and i took the firearms course and completed it successfully. i will hopefully be going in this Friday to submit my application along with the words "all lawful purposes" in holliston massachusetts. now im just a bit worried, should i have a meeting or talk with a licensing officer what should i expect? what should i say? what should i avoid? getting a bit nervous because this is massachusetts and i get the feeling they would arrest me for applying and only being 21.

thanks!

I can't speak for every town, but I spent more time chatting with the officer, than I did anything else. As long as you get a friendly officer it isn't a big deal at all. Took about 20-25 min, most of it typing things in. My wife's took about 45 min because she is more chatty. [smile]

It pretty much was him typing stuff in, index finger scan, picture, take prints (electronically in my town, so no messy black ink), shake hands and leave. He said 4-6 weeks I should get a post card to come to the PD and pick it up.

I remember feeling similar to you, I was nervous as hell. I applied in Lunenburg, and the LO didn't put up any resistance to me getting a Class A with no restrictions. You definitely don't need to fear any repercussions just for applying. The worst thing that may happen is that he'll give you the license with a "hunting and target" restriction, unless you can provide a reason why you should be allowed to carry with no restrictions. Someone here can probably chime in with what would be good reasons, but this may not even happen. It all depends on what your record looks like too.

Hey guys, i turned 21 (finally!) and i took the firearms course and completed it successfully. i will hopefully be going in this Friday to submit my application along with the words "all lawful purposes" in holliston massachusetts. now im just a bit worried, should i have a meeting or talk with a licensing officer what should i expect? what should i say? what should i avoid? getting a bit nervous because this is massachusetts and i get the feeling they would arrest me for applying and only being 21.

thanks!

Congrats!
If you live in a green town you should be fine.
It is a right of yours remember that.

Take a look into becoming a member of GOAL.

Back
Top Bottom