Fighting the Urge to Buy Today

I'm not fighting the urge. I'm going to at least pick up a couple hi-cap sig mags for my 226.

I was in Four Seasons a little bit ago and was chatting another customer who was mulling over a decision to buy another gun.

I said to him in a rather loud voice "Don't think. Just buy!"

I got big smiles from everyone, especially the guys behind the counter.

Whatever you do, don't overextend yourself financially- that's an easy way
for your rifle to cost 2-3 times more than it actually should.

This "speculative ban" is nothing more than a twinkle in someones eye right
now. I realize this guy is a serious threat, but he hasn't even been sworn in yet!

-Mike

Very true. But I say, today's prices may seem high but might be driven up by supply and demand in the up coming weeks/months. On the AR15.com, guys were prices checking for AR Lowers, one guy said a few places already raised their prices overnight. Four Seasons is going up $10.00 per unit when their next shipment arrives.

snip from Four Seasons
lower.jpg

Very true. But I say, today's prices may seem high but might be driven up by supply and demand in the up coming weeks/months. On the AR15.com, guys were prices checking for AR Lowers, one guy said a few places already raised their prices overnight. Four Seasons is going up $10.00 per unit when their next shipment arrives.

snip from Four Seasons
lower.jpg

That stripped lower is already 30 more than it was 3 or 4 months ago. The lowers with triggers and firing groups were $129.

I say buy know well its affordable and stuff is to be found. I would venture to say things will be very differnt in about 12 months or so from now.

got me a M-1 carbine 30 cal today.. almost an AK as well.. but chose to stock up the 30 cal ammo and buy a safe instead

I'm convinced that our crazy laws and concerns actually make us buy WAY more than we would otherwise. So ironically if the laws were relaxed I'm sure there would be fewer guns. If only the libs could figure this out....

screw it just max em all out with obama in charge now hell be glad to wipe out your debt and pass it on to everyone else its a win win new toys and no debt [rofl] and yes im fighting the urge to blow iall my money !

That's right, while your at it default on your mortgage, and quit your job that way you can have Uncle Obama and Aunt Pelosi bail you out!

Retail therapy has it's merit it helping people relieve stress, anxiety, and depressions. Just ask any woman who has been dumped. [laugh]

I say go buy something. It will take your mind off the election, the future, the economy, etc. Play with it. Go to the range and shoot often. You will feel much better.

BUT

Do not go buy something you normaly would not just because of the fear of a new AWB. That's just dumb. Keep your ear to the ground and wait to hear murmers of such a thing from those that have the power to actually pass the bill.

Obama has alot of promises to keep in his 1st year. The least of which is the AWB/Ammo tax (I do not thing this was listed as a promise by him, more of a passing statement like bankrupting coal). He needs to do things his 1st year in office that affect the people that voted for him (read kiss their asses). Like universal healthcare, handouts, tax cuts, open borders, etc. barring a crisis as predicted by Joe Biden, a AWB would be at least 2 years out unless there is a school shooting at which time it would be #1 on the list.

Buy something nice, somthing you love. Get a little bling on the range that you can show off. Something flashy. Something other shooters will drool over.
A nice chrome 1911 with ivory grips maybe.....

Women use the same mentality when buying shoes.[shocked]

My comments are not anti-woman, just fact.[wink]

Depression shopping isn't just for women. It's how I bought 2 Glocks in one day. (Not recently; months ago) Made me feel really good.

Mil, I shot one last week, and actually didnt care for it... felt like shooting a shovel... and the sights.... ick....

I think im going to save the money id have spent on an AK and get me an M-14. ALSO , trick out the carbine... Im thinkin oak furniture .. LOL With picatiny rail kit and a scope, a muzzle brake...

Have you bought a gun and regretted it?

Have you ever regretted not buying a gun?

Although nobody can predict the future, I think it is a safe bet the future is gloom for us for the next two years minimum, and could be much longer.

If there is something you want, or think you may want in the future, if you have the money (meaning cash), I'd say buy now. Your only a little late.

Try to buy ammo now. I spent almost two hours on the phone trying to buy a few more cases. Phones were busy all day. When I did get through, most places were sold out. I talked to one lady that said they burnt up two cordless phones in one day and had to send someone out to replace them with hard line phones.

If another AWB comes, a few things will happen. The dems learned a lot from the first AWB. First and foremost, it was relatively ineffective. Change the stock, remove bayonet lug, turn down the barrel, and all the guns are back. Don't think for a second this loophole will remain. Second, at the first hint of another ban, prices will immediately spike and may be priced out of many of our ranges.

I bought my first m-16 for $1,600. That was a lot of money. I could of bought an MP-5 for $2850. That was crazy I thought. Who would ever pay $2850 for a gun. When I did buy and MP-5, I had to borrow some of the funds, I paid $6,000. I could tell you about many deals I let get away, but I have yet to buy a gun that I regretted.

Do whatever you want. There are many valid arguments already put forth. I think if you snooze you will lose on this one.

Well I did not pull the trigger and purchase anything. I have taken the advice of not going into debt on a purchase as I will pay alot more overall in the long run for that same firearm by doing payments.

What I have decided to do is put a little something away each pay period so hopefully in 2 months (my goal is on or before 1/20/09) I can have a full cash purchase on something I really WANTED not just impulse buy.

I have no extra money to be spending on firearms right now, yet I found myself at Zero Hour at lunch picking up 'just a few mags' for my AR.[rolleyes] sigh. My name is Bob and I'm an addict.

Have you bought a gun and regretted it?

Have you ever regretted not buying a gun?

No, but I have regretted selling a couple of them. Actually, I've only ever sold two and regretted them both.

I did give one away without regret, though, returning it to the son of the original owner. That one felt good.

I'd do a serious inventory of the guns you already have... Be honest with yourself if you think you really need any more guns..... That way when do go to the gun store anyways to buy... You'll be making an informed decision rather than one on impulse [smile][smile][smile]

Well I had to get an optic for my NES AR so I ended up spending my money on that.
I got a little bonus at work that put some extra cash in my pocket and its already spent.

Trijicon Reflex Model #RX06

RX01.jpg

Hi Chris...

[smile]

It probably won't be for a few more days, but hubby and I will be doing some shopping. Sad part is I can't get what I really, really want. [sad] ah well....

Back
Top Bottom