Feeling anti-tactical

That being said I'm probably just jealous that I've gotten too old and fat to be tactical so I'll just keep to myself and enjoy shooting.
Isn't this why Samuel Colt made all men equal? Profeciency with a gun means you don't have to do tactical rolls or throw a tomahawk while doing a back flip.

I always feel torn between tactical and non-advertising.

I have s desire to get a leather bag made (a LA Indiana Jones) with hardened holster space inside and some PVC lined compartments. Plus a 13" laptop pad.

I think an anti-tactical movement may have some play!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

7fe461167107ef7b67aee42034ff75ec.jpg

Last week I threw out my camo tactical flip-flops. I'm hanging on to my camo tactical tooth brush and floss dispenser though. Can't be an operator operating operationally without those.

+1 You did keep the tactical camo thong though right?

#battleworn will always be a thing bros. Always.

I'm a gear queer and always will be, the difference is I, and the dudes I try to associate with, actually use this shit. I like to be strong, fast, agile, and accurate, I also have a tendency to want to live as long as possible. Some, mind you some, "Tactical" equipment, if you know how to use it, helps you achieve these goals, that's why I own it. It's also a hobby of mine, some dudes build racecars, play golf, watch football, shoot birds, and collect baseball cards. I like to kit up and shoot shit at night and collect cool toys like gear, I also like bs'ing with like minded dudes and helping them figure out what works for them and stealing ideas from them. Mainly, I just ****ing love guns and cool guy shit. Honestly when i read posts by people who like to pigpile and shit on the "Tactical crowd" i have to wonder to myself if the majority of you really feel that way, or if you're just too fat or old to run a mile, or your too broke to afford to buy this stuff and use it. If its not your thing that's cool, go suck dick and play golf, or drink beer and watch football and get fat, I don't care. But if your just talking shit about the people who are really into it, not the James Yeagers and Nutnfancy tools, but the people who just do it because they love it, because you're jealous then you should go pound sand. I welcome you to bring your cheap junk or "anti-tactical" shit out to the range and back it up. You guys are borderline hipsters, "oh I carry a s&w j-frame because I'm so anti-tactical and Glocks suck because that's what all the mallninjas like..." Dynamic story bro, nobody cares, go shoot some sporting clays.

- - - Updated - - -

My love for tactical gayness began to wain when dudes like this became the face of it:
View attachment 142967

Hahaha yes!

Last edited:
Now all that said, I also am disappointed with the social media fueled gayness that it has become. Dudes rocking shit that literally won't work as they have it set up posting pictures of it on Instagram and shit. Software designers having legitimate say in what constitutes a good gun because they have more followers than a dude who did 20 ****ing years in SF. Guys who earn reputations as "instructors" because they have a big YouTube following or some company decked them out in gaudy junk and put their picture all over the net.... This frustrates me also, but what are you gonna do? It's our job to weed those tools out.

I'm a gear queer and always will be, the difference is I use my shit. I like to be strong, fast, agile, and accurate, I also have a tendency to want to live as long as possible. Some, mind you some, "Tactical" equipment, if you know how to use it, helps you achieve these goals, that's why I own it. It's also a hobby of mine, some dudes build racecars, play golf, watch football, shoot birds, and collect baseball cards. I like to kit up and shoot shit at night and collect cool toys like gear, I also like bs'ing with like minded dudes and helping them figure out what works for them and stealing ideas from them. Mainly, I just ****ing love guns and cool guy shit. Honestly when i read posts by people who like to pigpile and shit on the "Tactical crowd" i have to wonder to myself if the majority of you really feel that way, or if you're just too fat or old to run a mile, or your too broke to afford to buy this stuff and use it. If its not your thing that's cool, go suck dick and play golf, or drink beer and watch football and get fat, I don't care. But if your just talking shit about the people who are really into it, not the James Yeagers and Nutnfancy tools, but the people who just do it because they love it, because you're jealous then you should go pound sand. I welcome you to bring your cheap junk or "anti-tactical" shit out to the range and back it up. You guys are borderline hipsters, "oh I carry a s&w j-frame because I'm so anti-tactical and Glocks suck because that's what all the mallninjas like..." Dynamic story bro, nobody cares, go shoot some sporting clays.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha yes!

This.

I don't run my shit nearly as much as Snacks, but the stuff I have has all been run to some degree or another, and I'm playing around with it to make it more efficient. Not because I'm fantasizing about TEOTHWAKI, but because it gives me something to do, and possibly developing skills that might be useful when it's GO TIME. and it's fun.

I always feel torn between tactical and non-advertising.

I have s desire to get a leather bag made (a LA Indiana Jones) with hardened holster space inside and some PVC lined compartments. Plus a 13" laptop pad.

I think an anti-tactical movement may have some play!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

that sounds like a pretty killer purse. [wink]

This.

I don't run my shit nearly as much as Snacks, but the stuff I have has all been run to some degree or another, and I'm playing around with it to make it more efficient. Not because I'm fantasizing about TEOTHWAKI, but because it gives me something to do, and possibly developing skills that might be useful when it's GO TIME. and it's fun.

Pretty much where I'm coming from as well

I'm a gear queer and always will be, the difference is I, and the dudes I try to associate with, actually use this shit. I like to be strong, fast, agile, and accurate, I also have a tendency to want to live as long as possible. Some, mind you some, "Tactical" equipment, if you know how to use it, helps you achieve these goals, that's why I own it. It's also a hobby of mine, some dudes build racecars, play golf, watch football, shoot birds, and collect baseball cards. I like to kit up and shoot shit at night and collect cool toys like gear, I also like bs'ing with like minded dudes and helping them figure out what works for them and stealing ideas from them. Mainly, I just ****ing love guns and cool guy shit. Honestly when i read posts by people who like to pigpile and shit on the "Tactical crowd" i have to wonder to myself if the majority of you really feel that way, or if you're just too fat or old to run a mile, or your too broke to afford to buy this stuff and use it. If its not your thing that's cool, go suck dick and play golf, or drink beer and watch football and get fat, I don't care. But if your just talking shit about the people who are really into it, not the James Yeagers and Nutnfancy tools, but the people who just do it because they love it, because you're jealous then you should go pound sand. I welcome you to bring your cheap junk or "anti-tactical" shit out to the range and back it up. You guys are borderline hipsters, "oh I carry a s&w j-frame because I'm so anti-tactical and Glocks suck because that's what all the mallninjas like..." Dynamic story bro, nobody cares, go shoot some sporting clays.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha yes!
Lmao

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

I try and be the best marksman I can by practicing fundamentals. I'm more the old school nra rifle positions type of guy, be it with an AR or 03 Springfield. May I also add that ones medical and bushcraft skills will save more lives than a high speed, low drag tactical cool chest rig any day.

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

I've switched from Glock and an AR15 to a Ruger GP100 and a Marlin 336. I've also stopped doing tactical rolls when I enter or exit any rooms or buildings. I find my life to be more pleasant and my clothes aren't so dirty. Anti-tactical forever!!!!

This thread is going about how I expected. Here's about as serious as I can motivate myself to post.

If a specific piece of equipment is worn for a specific purpose, and that purpose is designed to meet a specific end. It's tactical. Just because the 'industry' (puke) has hijacked the term doesn't mean that the concept of 'tactical' should get thrown out.... They have used the term 'tactical' in chess for years, and you don't see nerds revolting. I'm 'tactical' every day I walk around. My every day carry gear is setup with a specific goal in mind, and I dress in a way that I think makes me discreet, and I carry myself in a way that has avoided trouble for the past 20 years. That's tactics.

Maybe some dudes think that looking like Afghan SOF guys will ward off trouble. That's also a tactic. If it works... then it's viable, despite what anyone thinks about it. The one metric that I'll use to keep myself in check is this:

If I ever get to the point that I'm spending more $$ on gear than I am on ammo and training... I think I've crossed the line. That's just my line though.

Back
Top Bottom