• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feeling anti-tactical

Ive found myself going anti-tactical lately, I find the way this word has become nothing but a marketing buzzword, sickening. I cant help but laugh at all these guy online with gear that looks like the Molle monster threw up on it, paying hundreds of dollars for classes run by guys that haven't been in a school yard fight in their entire lives, tactical head wags after every mag dump. I cant take it anymore, I will be carrying my old non tactical folding knife and my 1911. I think I will do just fine on the streets without my drop leg holster or $50 multicam hat.

Has anyone else been feeling like this?

Yes. I consider myself a tactical hipster. My goal is to be ironic in all of my gear selection and training methods.

Seriously though. I agree with you. I've had same conversations with friends.

lol, I just cant stand everything that is blacked out being called "tactical", I wont fall for people slinging thing BS to the masses.

Get yourself a lever action 30-30 and soak in the non tactical yumminess. That caliber has ventilated more than its share of critters, both 2 and 4 legged.

Hmm.. you and I clearly will not get along !

20150730_084620.jpg

I've been seeing (and hopefully fueling) a sort of 'Fundamentals Renaissance' as of late. Look at what Ron Avery is doing out in Utah, or some of the younger guys like Stephen Pineau with M3 Strategies or Waypoint Shooting. I really dig what these guys are doing... and it has none of the tactical BS flavors being offered elsewhere. Fundamentals and essentials of shooting are the legs that anything tactical has to stand on.

It's too damn hot, I'm not outside so what I'm "carrying" depends on the room. Watching tv in the sisters former bedroom, so it's the ak right now since she was into a hippie communist for the last few months before she went off to basic.

If you don't have a beard and a flannel shirt, you're not truly anti-tactical.

Wait I though you needed a beard to be tactical now? I could never keep up. About as tactical I went was a acog....sold that Obama sale 1 and made money.

In many cases Tactical and Practical are two very different things. However, they do rhyme so they have that going.

I've been seeing (and hopefully fueling) a sort of 'Fundamentals Renaissance' as of late. Look at what Ron Avery is doing out in Utah, or some of the younger guys like Stephen Pineau with M3 Strategies or Waypoint Shooting. I really dig what these guys are doing... and it has none of the tactical BS flavors being offered elsewhere. Fundamentals and essentials of shooting are the legs that anything tactical has to stand on.

Basic fundamentals are lost among young and new shooters with out guidance.
I was at the range dropping off a recent sale and there was a young man with a nice AR A4 flat top with a night force scope. He was shooting federal gold medal match. Was bitching like a little whining little kid. Old guy yelled out. It ain't your gun it you. You don't know how to shoot. Oh did that get things going. Old man said give me 45 min with you and one of my rifles and I will guarantee you will shoot that over priced thing better..... Old man pulled out a single shot 22 and proceeded to get that guy shooting nice tight groups @ 50 yards. Went back to his AR and proceeds to pull of 3 5 shot groups just around the 1moa area. Huge improvement and only a 45min lesson from a FUDD.

Maybe for a drop leg holster you could go all cowboy with a Colt Peacemaker and an leather cowboy setup. complete with cartridge loops. 1800s Taticool.

Lol I'm not talking about people who own an AR, I'm talking about internet tough guys with beards who threaten everyone on YouTube who disagrees with them like James yeager.

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So my son would eat nothing but blueberries yesterday, long story short I just changed his morning poop diaper and everything in it was black. Does that make it a tactical diaper change?

my 686 is very anti tactical.

my glock 23, kinda tactical, but I don't have a light for it, so I guess I'm pre-tactical there. premajactical tactical?

my AR-15....well its not something I carry, but it has rails and a firkin laser....so very tactical.

my folding knife....its black handled grip, quasi tactical.

my KABAR....has a leather sheath, so its tactical exempt, but more badass than anything NutnFancy carries

My Victorinox watch? ITs supposed to be an infantry watch, and I guess with the glowing numbers and hands, its kinda tactical, but way too shiny to be uber tactical.

so if these guys are using "black" and "tactical" interchangeably will the word "tactical" become a derogatory racial term?

Back
Top Bottom