FBI arrests NH man buying grenades

I want large quantities of ammo and none of my guns are "Registered". There is no such thing in most states.

The registration the article was referring to was that required for a destructive device under the National Firearms Acct of 1934.

I didn't realize I could go to a gun dealer, hand them cash and request grenades and C4.... and expect a good outcome. I bet Rileys has crates of that stuff sitting out back ready for sale.... Sure, sounds legit.

Thanks FBI for saving us from a moron.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

I didn't realize I could go to a gun dealer, hand them cash and request grenades and C4.... and expect a good outcome. I bet Rileys has crates of that stuff sitting out back ready for sale.... Sure, sounds legit.

Thanks FBI for saving us from a moron.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.
There's probably some sort of loophole you use, sort of like a star gate, you just have to locate it and pass through.

Because you should be able to own a disrtructive device without permission, if you use it to hurt someone or destroy other people's property you should be prosecuted.

Correct, just as with any other item.

Though "prosecuted" may be a bit much in the event of property damage. I agree that restitution would be in order.

I'm going to guess drug induced mental illness. There are a crapton of nasty side effects from lots of the medications in play out there. Doesn't take much to get a bad reaction playing with someone who's a little on edge naturally.

I'm going to guess drug induced mental illness. There are a crapton of nasty side effects from lots of the medications in play out there. Doesn't take much to get a bad reaction playing with someone who's a little on edge naturally.

Not to mention the folks that just decide that they're feeling great now, and just stop taking them altogether without being under doctor's supervision.

What exactly makes the guy a lunatic?

So far all we have is one side of a story

I'm not making excuses in any way shape or form, I am simply pointing out the facts

I suspect that a poll of NES membership would show that the vast majority of folks would love to be able to obtain explosives or varying sizes/configuration

Hell, it wasnt long ago that you could walk into any rural hardware store and purchase dynamite which was used all the time by everyone to clear out stumps in fields.....hell, a neighbor has an old sign in his barn from some vendor advertising this use case.

quite frankly the difference between people owning chainsaws, automobiles, firearms and explosives is very small.....the cases where individuals choose to use these inanimate objects to assault other people is still extraordinarily rare......

I think I agree with the general ban on explosives. I wouldn't do anything stupid and I'm sure most of you guys wouldn't either.

I think with unlimited access to explosives, things like San Bernardino would be a LOT worse. Plus the hajis could just make a car bomb and walk away to do it again.

I'll stick with mass shootings for now as they are usually suicide missions and I can at least shoot back.

If I may point out a small detail.....where there's a will, there's a way

One of the biggest issues we faced in Iraq and continue to face in Afghanistan are IEDs

....the key word being Improvised.

If you have an immoral/unethical person who is determined to do bad things you're not going to stop them very easily.....and yes....the folks in San Bernadino also had pipe bombs from what I recall reading in news reports

There are so many IEDs in Iraq because of the availability of explosives. These guys are not making match head pipe bombs.

None of the pipe bombs in San Bernardino went off either. A trunk load of c4 and a remote detonator would have been more effective and the killers would still be out there.

Plus nobody needs C4 to kill a deer (troll)

I stopped reading after I read "$6,000" and "list of guns and ammo".

$6k? Please. That's barely enough to build one rifle and then buy ammo, mags and gear for it.

Idiot.

There are so many IEDs in Iraq because of the availability of explosives. These guys are not making match head pipe bombs.

None of the pipe bombs in San Bernardino went off either. A trunk load of c4 and a remote detonator would have been more effective and the killers would still be out there.

Plus nobody needs C4 to kill a deer (troll)

It's pretty funny to think no one actually reads the improvised munitions manual. You don't need specialty explosives like C4. Hell, if you're actually literate, and like a meth addict don't care about possibly blowing your house up, Astrolite G isn't exactly complicated to make.

"When the dealer asked about what type of grenades he wanted," Musso stated, “The best you have.”

I love a guy who won't settle for less then the very best...

If I may point out a small detail.....where there's a will, there's a way

One of the biggest issues we faced in Iraq and continue to face in Afghanistan are IEDs

....the key word being Improvised.

If you have an immoral/unethical person who is determined to do bad things you're not going to stop them very easily.....and yes....the folks in San Bernadino also had pipe bombs from what I recall reading in news reports

Yeah, but there's no getting around the fact that the mideast is awash with explosives and raw materials. I'm not even saying i support the total ban, per se, but the reality is "loose HE" is way more difficult to come by in the US and Canada at least.

The dealer SHOULD have said "you know they're not legal without an NFA stamp" En-crap-ment

Dealer might have sold this guy down the river to cover his own ass on something else... Feds do this all the time. "Get us a beefy tag and we won't prosecute and take your license away."

Back
Top Bottom