FBI arrests NH man buying grenades

We can buy grenades if properly licensed? Are there transferable grenades? I'm hungover so this is to much for me to look into right now

Technically are things just destructive devices under the NFA and can be purchased if you get the ATF'S approval? Odds of getting that approval or next to none though unless you are a "more equal" leo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Technically are things just destructive devices under the NFA and can be purchased if you get the ATF'S approval? Odds of getting that approval or next to none though unless you are a "more equal" leo

Quoted for truth!

For explosive DDs you also will need a BATFE approved magazine with other local permits just to store them. For stuff like grenade launchers, mortars (the tube not the shells!) DD shotguns etc you don't need that.

- - - Updated - - -

We can buy grenades if properly licensed? Are there transferable grenades? I'm hungover so this is to much for me to look into right now

It is possible but dumb considering you'd face a $200 tax for each grenade plus the storage issues I just mentioned.

To be fair they'd never find the stamp when you're done lol. But cool to know.

The stamp isn't on the device lol. Also with explosive DDs when you "use" them there are some arcane reporting requirements to BATFE, you have to fill out some form or bullshit to tell them it blew up and doesn't exist anymore.

As a practical matter even the hardcores don't bother with this. They use practice rounds and such that they mix up on the shoot site in the middle of nowhere, dodging a lot of the legal issues (assuming other state issues are met, but in the square states in tinbuck 3 these are easy to
meet).

-Mike

Once you get past the issue of money, the Federal user's permit is no big deal, it's the local rules and a storage magazine that's the difficult part, needs to be built to their standards (Orange Book) and inspected by BATFE.

I looked into the various options as eventually I will need to break up some ledge on my property, for smaller rocks I'd just go with the no-license [thread=250686]Micro/Sierra Blaster[/thread], or a non-explosive rock breaking compound.

You should definitely be able to own grenades without asking for permission. Anything you can issue to a soldier to carry should be fair game for citizens to own.

You should definitely be able to own grenades without asking for permission. Anything you can issue to a soldier to carry should be fair game for citizens to own.

I don't either but I think even in a "libertarian utopia" you would see some kind of voluntary regulation of those kinds of devices. It's not hard to think of ways you could regulate the product so that people would have access (ex citizen militias etc) but some retard isn't going to buy a crate at the local gun shop and fill a closet in his apartment with grenades. You'd have to do that otherwise nobody would ever sell the stuff commercially due to the liability involved. With guns at least you can shed off the liability because guns pretty much don't do anything unless someone pulls a trigger.

-Mike

If wanting to bring back the original constitution makes you an extremist, Justices Thomas and Scalia must also be under FBI surveillance.

Thats generally the case with any of these inanimate objects though

They all generally require some outside action on the part of a person before they will do anything

Guns do nothing unless loaded and trigger pulled

Grenades require pin to be pulled at a bare minimum

I'm all for proper storage requirements for explosives but any adult should be able to purchase

A house fire could set off a grenade without anybody pulling the pin. Not being argumentative, just point out that if you live in an apartment, the storage requirement should be a bit stricter than, if you live in a single family home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom