Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

Don’t trust a single thing reported in that story. Who knows what really happened, there may be video but if not who knows. I hope he shut up and asked for a lawyer. Nothing good comes from saying anything
Did you miss that he waived his rights and gave a statement? I’m not jumping to any conclusions and that post was tongue in cheek for the Kimber owners. Slow your roll.

I just want to clarify something because there are two scenarios that seem different to me, at least in how menacing they are. One is Shooter and Shootee are squared off outside the vehicle, and Shootee busts a window next to him like

The other is Shooter gets in his car and Shootee busts through the window to get at Shooter like this but without the baton

lol. "That's Officer Tizzington to you..."

That guy is retired Law Enforcement for sure. Tap on the window and ASP swing tells it all...

I saw a show recently where a guy on death row told a reporter something like : “we are all one bad day away from being murderers.” Kind of made me think.

Not saying I would shoot a guy for breaking my window, but I might (maybe) just get out and slug him. Who knows where it goes from there?

It's tough to swallow this when you're young but the gold standard of self defense is to run away, drive off, beat feet, make yourself scarce. Now I'm old I'm totally comfortable with this.

I’m going to have to disagree with you in this particular case.

I am NOT one of those itchy trigger finger dick heads that walks around looking for someone to shoot, but I think if I were the guy in the car, I would definitely feel that my life was in danger.

Where are you going to go if you’re trapped in your car? He had him cornered. That’s a good shot in my opinion.

But he should have just run to Kilby Street around the corner and sold his gun to a crack head to get rid of the evidence.
LOL c'mon- I'm calling BS. Some guy like that without a weapon smashes the Taco or Westy and you're not jumping out to beat his ass so you can feel it with your bare hands?

That's the Honey Farms by the Boynton, Sole, and WPI. Not the worst of Worcester.

Personally I would not have pulled a trigger in that scenario and as I see it thus far, looks like a chikenshit move to me.

Idiot waived his right and spoke. He is not coming out.

People don't know how to STFU.

This is what law-abiding people do. The topic of not talking to the police has never come up. Someone taught this poor schmuck some nonsense about self defense.

I would almost go so far as to say it's pointless to carry in Mass. unless you're a criminal.

Last edited:
LOL c'mon- I'm calling BS. Some guy like that without a weapon smashes the Taco or Westy and you're not jumping out to beat his ass so you can feel it with your bare hands?

That's the Honey Farms by the Boynton, Sole, and WPI. Not the worst of Worcester.

Personally I would not have pulled a trigger in that scenario and as I see it thus far, looks like a chikenshit move to me.

I agree with you to a point. The guy in the picture looks like a small stature person…maybe 5’5”? If someone that can break a window with their fist is coming at me and I’m trapped…I might be tempted to at least brandish if I’m trapped in my car and I’m THAT little.

If I’m out of my taco, that changes things completely and no I would never draw on someone if I had a chance to deescalate or touch (beat) his ass :)

Now, if it was my WESTY, that dudes getting a beat down BEFORE I shoot his ass just for f***ing with my van!

That’s one of the neighborhoods in Worcester that you don’t THINK is that bad, but it’s pretty bad. The next major street over is Elm and I’m pretty sure that’s the end of piedmont. Kind of irrelevant though now that I read the story and neither of them were just human gong out there.

IDK. Kinda sounds to me like someone f***ed around and found out.

I mean the guy shouldn't have shot him over a busted window, but you get mad enough about a traffic/ driving incident to smash a car window? Sooner or later, you are going to flip out on the wrong guy.
Sure, I feel bad for the guys 2 year old, but nothin for nothin, if Dad is flipping out that much over road rage, he is probably an ass hole.

View: https://youtu.be/d6sbPCIEMyI

Close. Piedmont Street ends two streets over on Pleasant Street, but regardless, the area of Highland Street is a mix of WPI kids and crap. You get off Highland Street heading towards Elm and you have some sketchy areas. Becker College used to be over there, which probably helped to keep things a little more under control, but they're gone.

Reality is that the entire city has become a bigger cesspool than it was before. The rag of a newspaper Telegram & Gazette works hard with the city council to depict Worcester as "Mayberry with a new ballpark" Hell, I think three restaurants in the Canal District announced they're closing! Green Street, Millbury Street, the Common, all strewn with homeless people, drunk or ODing, aggressively panhandling. Can't imagine it would be good for business.

I work dead in the middle of Main South, so I'm able to get a front seat view to the shenanigans that go on there and that area, but never make the paper. Shootings, stabbings, etc. I know of several fatal and near fatal shootings that didn't get reported, as well as a failed hit on some shitbag inside of a gym!!

I'll guess that he found himself out of his depth and out of ideas in a fast-moving situation which was escalating in violence, where the other fellow was acting, and he was re-acting, and he had no well-thought out strategy except to pull a gun and use it.

Very clean
He took the civil service test to be a local police officer.
He is on the list....................not going to happen now even if innocent
well... that is interesting. 🤔

MFS Firearms used to have a class called Judgemental Tactics. Robert McQuarrie was the instructor. He was excellent. It was scenario-based training with video and laser pistols. It was a fantastic class--I used to wait for the Black Friday sales and bought a seat for everybody I know who had a gun. You find yourself in a scenario that is unfolding, and you quickly learn how LITTLE you know and how poorly you have wargamed your responses.

It has disappeared from their roster. I wish they'd offer it again.

Details are everything and we don't have them, there is also a discrepancy between what the article says the shoots said and what the cop said in the statement. Had a gun in his car v. had a gun in his possession. This matters because we don't know if he was sitting in his car when he fired.

If it went down one way. verbal altercation and shooter was either in his car or got into his car, with the doors closed and the windows up. The other guy smashes the window, and the shooter can reasonably assume the shootee is coming in after him. But even this may not make it a good shoot because in MA they will expect that you will flee if able. So the car would need to be boxed in or at least not running and not in gear.

On the other hand. If they were both outside the car and the gun was in the shooters possession. They argue and the shootee smashed the car window. That's going to be an issue. A smashed window of a car you are not in is going to be a hard sell as self defence, but maybe.

But if the altercation and smashed window happend and then the shooter got the gun out of the car, then he's f'ed.

What it comes down to is there isn't enough information to know anything.

And the shooter should have stayed with "he attacked me, I want my lawyer, I refuse to answer question at this time".

If only there was an article in the MA constitution that guaranteed the right to use arms to protect yourself AND you property........

It's tough to swallow this when you're young but the gold standard of self defense is to run away, drive off, beat feet, make yourself scarce. Now I'm old I'm totally comfortable with this.
I agree 100% and I hope I would have the presence of mind to do that. 99% of the time I would. However, I’m only human. I just try to avoid people as much as possible

This has all the markings of a plea deal down the road. The more "sub optimal" statements made, the less currency the defendant's attorney has to offer in the negotiations. The courts have chipped away at Miranda so one needs to politely and clearly invoke both the right to remain silent and the right to counsel from the offset. There was one case where the "he stopped talking when we asked about....." was considered by SCOTUS to be admissible. SALINAS v. TEXAS

Based on what I am reading here and not knowing the facts I would have stepped back let the guy break all the windows. Then I would have grabbed a coffee and called geico.
well the police station only a few blocks from the honeyfarm, shooter being stupid by pulling his gun, if it me ill take a picture of guy then call the cops, cheaper that way.

I call bullshit on breaking the window with his hand. Defense Atty should bring in the same window (from another car) and ask the Prosecutor or cops testifying, to demonstrate breaking it with their hand! Would be another "If the glove doesn't fit" moment.

Close. Piedmont Street ends two streets over on Pleasant Street, but regardless, the area of Highland Street is a mix of WPI kids and crap. You get off Highland Street heading towards Elm and you have some sketchy areas. Becker College used to be over there, which probably helped to keep things a little more under control, but they're gone.

Reality is that the entire city has become a bigger cesspool than it was before. The rag of a newspaper Telegram & Gazette works hard with the city council to depict Worcester as "Mayberry with a new ballpark" Hell, I think three restaurants in the Canal District announced they're closing! Green Street, Millbury Street, the Common, all strewn with homeless people, drunk or ODing, aggressively panhandling. Can't imagine it would be good for business.

I work dead in the middle of Main South, so I'm able to get a front seat view to the shenanigans that go on there and that area, but never make the paper. Shootings, stabbings, etc. I know of several fatal and near fatal shootings that didn't get reported, as well as a failed hit on some shitbag inside of a gym!!
what you do 4 work in main south if you dont mind me asking. i used to live in main south , lot of actions in the area everynigh, the whole city is even worst now. let hope i can sell my house in a few years and move to a safer area. the reason this killing made it on the paper because it fit the antigun agenda of the left (white gun owner shot some one)

Back
Top Bottom