Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

Welp, he'll never do that again. Gotta be honest, my first instinct is imagining the countless tough guy bs the dead guy pulled over the course of his life and walked away from, up until now.

My thought process is that karma is real - a**h***s will eventually run into the wrong person at some point and be taken care of. I'm just not going to be that person.

Imagine you get a broken window...

Now imagine you being smart enough not to shoot the guy and ruin your life.

Inoculate yourself from this stupid behavior.
Lol we don't even know the real narrative yet.

I can say this though, if its a problem you can drive away from its always going to be cheaper to do that, even if you destroyed your car in the process. My collision deductible is a lot cheaper than an attorney retainer.....

In a free state with castle doctrine that extends to your vehicle this probably wouldn’t go to trial, unfortunately we aren’t in one.

if there is someone breaking my car window while I’m not in the car, not a major threat. If I’m in the vehicle and someone were smashing windows to harm me or my family is a different story. Always drive away if possible, but if you can’t flee you may have to fight.

At face value when there is a conflict and personal property property is damaged it begs the question why the Kimber had to come out and play.

Don’t trust a single thing reported in that story. Who knows what really happened, there may be video but if not who knows. I hope he shut up and asked for a lawyer. Nothing good comes from saying anything

In a free state with castle doctrine that extends to your vehicle this probably wouldn’t go to trial, unfortunately we aren’t in one.

if there is someone breaking my car window while I’m not in the car, not a major threat. If I’m in the vehicle and someone were smashing windows to harm me or my family is a different story. Always drive away if possible, but if you can’t flee you may have to fight.

Castle doctrine just mean there isn’t a duty to,retreat, it doesn’t change any other requirement for self defense immunity. Regardless of the window breaking, it the dead guy didn’t have a weapon of any kind, this guy isn’t in a great position. People should be EXTREMELY hesitant to draw and/or fire. Have pepper spray so there is a less than lethal option

OK. So I am having a little trouble following what seems to be the consensus logic here. I have had an argument with someone. I am back in the car. They then break my car window. I have a firearm in the car but I should wait to see what happens next first? Did I get this right?

If you’re in Massachusetts, the answer is always yes.

Anywhere else, send the mother f***er to hell.

The shooter is a stupid f***. Broken window, come on man.
I saw a show recently where a guy on death row told a reporter something like : “we are all one bad day away from being murderers.” Kind of made me think.

Not saying I would shoot a guy for breaking my window, but I might (maybe) just get out and slug him. Who knows where it goes from there?

IDK. Kinda sounds to me like someone f***ed around and found out.

I mean the guy shouldn't have shot him over a busted window, but you get mad enough about a traffic/ driving incident to smash a car window? Sooner or later, you are going to flip out on the wrong guy.
Sure, I feel bad for the guys 2 year old, but nothin for nothin, if Dad is flipping out that much over road rage, he is probably an ass hole.

If you’re in Massachusetts, the answer is always yes.

Anywhere else, send the mother f***er to hell.

No no no. Zimmerman had an extra trying self defense claim yet they tried to put him in a cage for life. But for his defense fun raising over a million dollars and being able to have great lawyers, he’d probably be in prison for life.

Do not ever should unless you don’t have any other options and your life is at risk. They’re prosecuting a guy in Austin Texas for a legitimate self defense shooting. Don’t be quick to use deadly force, ever.

Lots of stupid in this story.

Get so pissed off at another driver you follow him into a parking lot...Stupid
Get so pissed you smash a window... Stupid

Shoot a guy who smashes your window...Stupid
Waive your right to an attorney, and talk to the police, AFTER YOU SHOT SOMEONE! ...Stupid

Hard to tell which guy is more stupid, but I gotta give the stupid prize to the dead guy. Mostly cuz he got dead.
I mean, shooter is screwed, but he will probably be charged with 2nd degree murder, plead it down to manslaughter if he has a decent lawyer, and be out in less than 10 years.

I just want to clarify something because there are two scenarios that seem different to me, at least in how menacing they are. One is Shooter and Shootee are squared off outside the vehicle, and Shootee busts a window next to him like

The other is Shooter gets in his car and Shootee busts through the window to get at Shooter like this but without the baton

No no no. Zimmerman had an extra trying self defense claim yet they tried to put him in a cage for life. But for his defense fun raising over a million dollars and being able to have great lawyers, he’d probably be in prison for life.

Do not ever should unless you don’t have any other options and your life is at risk. They’re prosecuting a guy in Austin Texas for a legitimate self defense shooting. Don’t be quick to use deadly force, ever.

I’m going to have to disagree with you in this particular case.

I am NOT one of those itchy trigger finger dick heads that walks around looking for someone to shoot, but I think if I were the guy in the car, I would definitely feel that my life was in danger.

Where are you going to go if you’re trapped in your car? He had him cornered. That’s a good shot in my opinion.

But he should have just run to Kilby Street around the corner and sold his gun to a crack head to get rid of the evidence.

He broke the car window with his hand?
How many videos are out there of cops trying to smash out windows with a baton and they cant get it done...?

This too…I worked in a junkyard for 13 years and we would smash windows for fun. Some of them wouldn’t break when hit with a sledgehammer.

Two times I was able to crack a windshield with my fist, but didn’t penetrate it at all. If someone broke my window with their fist and I was in the car, I would be very concerned.

Back
Top Bottom