Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

I hope he gets off Scott free. ETA better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6
If he wasn't an aggressor then I agree.
But given the jury pool I wouldn't bet my freedom on it.
A jury in this state would likely convict him if they dead guy had just finished beating a baby to death with a pipe right there in the parking lot and screamed "your next" before attacking.

Whether he's found to be in the right or not his life is a shit show. Remember the security Guard who shot the guy stabbing the women in Boston I think it was, or the guy at the Bertucci's in Taunton who shot someone who already killed two people, and he was a deputy sheriff (off duty). If I remember correctly both those guys were not charged but went thru a lot of shit to get there.

It doesn't matter because he will be convicted of something. There is a young father dead, shot point blank in broad daylight without gun or even a knife. Say what you will this guy going to the clink. And he should.

What did Jordan Peterson say? That we were a whole lot more polite as a society when we risked getting socked in the face for the comments we made? Something like that. Tis true. The guy that GOT OUT OF HIS CAR BECAUSE I BEEPED AT HIM ON MONDAY is prime example. I just had to laugh. Someone beeps at you and you have to get out of the car??? C'mon armchair commando. Grow up. Don't F around and you won't get beeped at.

It doesn't matter because he will be convicted of something. There is a young father dead, shot point blank in broad daylight without gun or even a knife. Say what you will this guy going to the clink. And he should.

Without knowing the facts of the case it's wrong to make any assumptions one way or the other.

Especially with the media spinning the narrative in the direction they usually do.

Why should he?
Because here in good old MA we like to reward road rage, people following you til you stop, so they can assault you after breaking in your car window. Because I'm going to guess after breaking that window, if the perp wasn't shot....he would have physically assaulted the shooter.

Its all good though, he was only breaking windows....windows can be replaced........I'm sure nothing else would have happened to the shooter, I mean the guy wasn't there to hurt him, he was just there to break windows.......right?

Again.....not enough info....but media spin will be epic.

And if in a lot of other stand your ground states....this guy would be good to go. But....MA people gonna MA....even MA gun owners that carry for self protection.......but then maybe you guys like getting beat up.

I came to the conclusion a while ago that in Massachusetts you are going to prison if you shoot someone unless they are armed and fire at you first. Even then who knows? Hey, here in hell (Crapachusetts) the prosecutor will say the perp had a harmless 22LR pistol and YOU had a wicked killy 10mm with murderous hollow points SO you must got to prison anyway.
I saw a not guilty reached for one of two brothers in the sketchiest house party shooting where the guilty brother went back to finish someone. Both did not have a LTC.

Fck MA. Fck the dead guy. Road rager fcked around and found out. Feel bad for the shooter, he's about to be a whole lot poorer and at risk to have his entire life upended for a dead scumbag. Hope his family sets up a GoFundMe or whatever the current conservative version of that us.

Can't wait to get out of this sh!thole state to a place we're self defense is an actual thing... in the meantime, more options for escalation of force and less-than-lethal seem appropriate.

Well maybe after reading this fxck around and find out story.....people will become a little more polite.

Ragers are dumb enough that even if every other rager got legally killed on the side of the road they'd still do it. Think about the smoothbrains you're talking about here. [laugh]

This is obvious....but do we really know if he could have driven off? Thats the question.
right.. but even if he couldn't drive off.. the safety of being in his car should be enough to de-escalate, ie "walking away". Now if shitbag starts reaching in and physically assaulting you, that changes it a bit, but without knowing all the facts it seems like deadly force might not have been warranted here as attacker was unarmed, I beleive.

loads of info here on de-escalation/nonlethal.. and cell phone videos are priceless. We can MMQB this and pretty much all agree that unless the attacker was armed, the Westborough guy's best move would've been to pull out his phone and start recording.

don't get me wrong.. shitbags deserve shit.. but the risk far outweighs the reward in this state.

Lol and whose fault is it, really though? If he hadn't escalated he probably could have easily gone home to see his kid. (assuming theres something else we're not being told here)

I don't know what being a dad has to do with it. Other than that possibly the dead guy is dumber than the average bear- he had a responsibility to children and he abdicated it by being a fag and getting into a rager fest with some random person he encountered. How stupid is that? That's not being a father that's being a retard and putting your kids at risk.

I might feel bad for his kids, if at all. They don't have a father now because he was an idiot.

As above.
Not enough facts.
Shooter out of the car: He's done.
Shooter trapped in the car: I think he may be innocent depending on other facts, but IANAL.

There's no way he's innocent. He might not be guilty of murder or manslaughter, but he made a bunch of bad decisions that got him into this fix.

What did Jordan Peterson say? That we were a whole lot more polite as a society when we risked getting socked in the face for the comments we made? Something like that. Tis true. The guy that GOT OUT OF HIS CAR BECAUSE I BEEPED AT HIM ON MONDAY is prime example. I just had to laugh. Someone beeps at you and you have to get out of the car??? C'mon armchair commando. Grow up. Don't F around and you won't get beeped at.
Jordan Peterson didn’t say anything. Jordan Peterson died years ago. That thing you call Jordan Peterson is just the husk his soul used to occupy, a corpse reanimated by a mad scientist in a shady russian laboratory. It may even be a demon, but it’s definitely not Jordan Peterson.

I’m not willing to make any assumptions about the case until there is more info, so please accept this derailment instead. :)

right.. but even if he couldn't drive off.. the safety of being in his car should be enough to de-escalate, ie "walking away". Now if shitbag starts reaching in and physically assaulting you, that changes it a bit, but without knowing all the facts it seems like deadly force might not have been warranted here as attacker was unarmed, I beleive.

loads of info here on de-escalation/nonlethal.. and cell phone videos are priceless. We can MMQB this and pretty much all agree that unless the attacker was armed, the Westborough guy's best move would've been to pull out his phone and start recording.

don't get me wrong.. shitbags deserve shit.. but the risk far outweighs the reward in this state.
While I agree....its tough to hold your phone out to record when the guy is shoving it up your ass or beating you with it.

That said...if cornered ..he would have been better off trying to record at least for a little while if possible, instead of just pulling sam colt.

Lol and whose fault is it, really though? If he hadn't escalated he probably could have easily gone home to see his kid. (assuming theres something else we're not being told here)

I don't know what being a dad has to do with it. Other than that possibly the dead guy is dumber than the average bear- he had a responsibility to children and he abdicated it by being a fag and getting into a rager fest with some random person he encountered. How stupid is that? That's not being a father that's being a retard and putting your kids at risk.

I might feel bad for his kids, if at all. They don't have a father now because he was an idiot.
What? Personal responsibility in MA??? No Way!

Dead guy has to be a victim or this narrative will never fly. That fact that he was a father...will just be used by the media. When in fact, they should be calling him an a**h*** for child endangerment.

Tell my kids all the time to watch their mouth, cuz someone, someday will put their fist in it. Or a shod foot.

Why?
Do you know if the shooter has health issues making a punch to the face lethal? If so then it's a good shoot as long as he didn't provoke the altercation.
Don't be so fast to wish a man spend his life in a cage simply because you think it makes people who hate you hate you more.

Tell my kids all the time to watch their mouth, cuz someone, someday will put their fist in it.
My 14 year old is a bit of a punk ass when it comes to running his mouth. Good kid overall, but doesn't know when to shut up. He got his butt kicked a couple of times, and kicked butt a couple of times. Nothing severe so he laughs it off. I am trying to get this thought through his head that if he keeps it up, he is going to mix up with the wrong person and it will not be something to laugh off later.

From what I have seen and read, when a police officer is involved in a shooting he is transported to a hospital for an "evaluation" due to the stress. I wonder if that would be a good move by a non police officer who is involved in a shooting?

That would at least give someone some time to calm down and not blurt out something that may be used against him.

From what I have seen and read, when a police officer is involved in a shooting he is transported to a hospital for an "evaluation" due to the stress. I wonder if that would be a good move by a non police officer who is involved in a shooting?

That would at least give someone some time to calm down and not blurt out something that may be used against him.
Why let all that sweet sweet incriminating statements slip away?

There's no way he's innocent. He might not be guilty of murder or manslaughter, but he made a bunch of bad decisions that got him into this fix.

Well gee. That's great that you have all the facts and details of the case already and made that decision.
Would you care to enlighten us further on the details of your conclusion and the facts that brought you there? :)

Back
Top Bottom