Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

It doesn't matter because he will be convicted of something. There is a young father dead, shot point blank in broad daylight without gun or even a knife. Say what you will this guy going to the clink. And he should.
How do you know the dead guy didnt have a weapon?

All the details are extremely vague.

If this guy STFU instead of talking to the cops, a lawyer might be able to get him out on self defense.

😆 It's complicated. I think it was a tongue-in-cheek to you, as you are agreeing with JP and Dennis, but it was written to express disagreement with @P51MA's anti-JP post. I think JP has emerged from his ordeal with Benzodiazepine side-effects a changed man. That, and perhaps the obvious descent of Canada into fascism has deeply affected him. He seems convinced that the time for politic speech has passed and he might as well express his righteous anger. I don't like the change, frankly, since I think it tends to replace the unique value he brings to the table with something mundane, exhibited by countless pundits.

People mentioning Castle doctrine, remember this is Massachusetts. Castle doctrine is only in your home, is where you do not have a duty to retreat. Anywhere outside of your home you are required to retreat before getting cornered then using deadly force

People mentioning Castle doctrine, remember this is Massachusetts. Castle doctrine is only in your home, is where you do not have a duty to retreat. Anywhere outside of your home you are required to retreat before getting cornered then using deadly force
Pull the rear seat down and climb into the trunk?

The "why" is probably because he was an honest person and gave a factual account of what happened. Given the lack of clarity of this situation suggests that exculpatory facts were conveniently omitted from the application for criminal complaint's statement of facts. This guy got hosed for doing what he thought was the right thing. Police, whether maliciously or otherwise, rely on honest people to dig their own holes.
And then the media runs with it.

There are endless possibilities of how a broken car window can start and end the thread will be long locked or abandoned before they're all covered.

I now refer to the horn as the "rumble button". I no longer use it. Nothing good can come out of it.
Yeah, the horn is for using to let someone know you are there, that has no idea, while they can still do something to avoid an accident. Otherwise, it just pisses people off.

It's a far cry from a drivers ed video I saw on the 80s that was made on the 50s or 60s. It was a guy driving around tooting his horn at people in a bunch of situations to let them know he was there. He would say something like " give them a friendly toot toot". Now it would be a how to start a road rage incident video, lol.

Offenses on the report:
"Assault with intent to murder..."
"Assault and battery ..."
A bit one sided and presumptive. How can one assault/attack from inside their car? The good thing about being a shootee is dead guys aren't written up for offenses.

If there is anything to learn from this
Use your rights to your full advantage and keep your mouth shut.
Years ago I had some whack job smash in my window and start hitting me , I just drove off, he hung on for a good while then fell and rolled off to the side of the road. Local police station was at the next street so I went there and told them what happened. Just said some guy ran up to my car at the light , smashed my window and started hitting me.
About 20 min later a officer asked if I had any weapons on me.
I said no just my handgun. He looked at me all puzzled and said. Ah thats a weapon.
He seemed a little more pissed that no one else bothered to check.
Turns out guy thought I was banging his wife. He tried to sue me for medical bills.

Yeah, the horn is for using to let someone know you are there, that has no idea, while they can still do something to avoid an accident. Otherwise, it just pisses people off.

It's a far cry from a drivers ed video I saw on the 80s that was made on the 50s or 60s. It was a guy driving around tooting his horn at people in a bunch of situations to let them know he was there. He would say something like " give them a friendly toot toot". Now it would be a how to start a road rage incident video, lol.

I remember that video (if they were using the same one in the early 90s) as saying “give them a friendly toot on the horn.” [laugh]

I don't get the JP hate. Did I miss something? Did he not bow to the correct conservative cause? Did he. . . . did he say something mean about Trump? Was that it, guys? Did he hurt your feewings???

Actually, somebody using an anonymous username on Twitter hurt his feelings a week and a half ago, and he's been crying about anonymous comments on social media ever since, demanding they be removed- or that verified accounts not be subject to them. Did a session on the Daily Wire today, still crying about the same thing.

He's broken.

So you've never encountered crazy before? Sometimes crazy finds you even though you did nothing to attract its attention.
It's very likely that the shooter had some level of involvement in the initial road rage incident but unless he made a verbal or physical threat he maintains his innocence.

Right. That's what I said.

"not guilty" is not the same thing as "innocent"

Right. That's what I said.

"not guilty" is not the same thing as "innocent"
Yes, it is. Involvement isn't illegal.
Ever hit your horn because someone is drifting into your lane and have them freak out? Or simply not stomp the gas at an intersection. That's Involvement but not provocation.

Unless the shooter threatened violence he gets to say anything he wants without having someone attack him.

Hope he has USCCA and a lawyer.
I would tell cops perp broke my window while I was sitting in my car and I was in fear for my life and then STFU and ask for/call lawyer.
Yes/no?
Id throw in "he said he was gonna shoot me" as well. When the glass broke I though he had fired a shot and I defended myself". The guys not around to say otherwise

Back
Top Bottom