• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falmouth man avoids jail on drug, firearms charges

mikeyp

NES Member
Falmouth man avoids jail on drug, firearms charges - Cape Cod Times

In their report, officers said they saw an AK-47 assault rifle in the back of the vehicle and found Mase had a .40-caliber Glock 23 handgun in his waistband. They also found 37 rounds of .762-caliber ammunition to fit the AK-47, 26 rounds of .40-caliber ammunition to fit the Glock, 30-round and 40-round rifle magazines, brass knuckles, a switchblade, a scale, pipes and 4 grams of crystal methamphetamine, according to the police report.

Dude knew how to party

For those charges he was sentenced to two years in prison. That sentence was suspended and Mase will be on probation until 2020.

A convicted felon in possession of all of those bad things and his sentence was only going to be two years?

Is this on purpose so the awb never sees a court?

"Mase was found not responsible for a marked lanes violation and had the charges of a felon possessing a large capacity firearm and unlicensed possession of an assault weapon dismissed."

"Mase was found not responsible for a marked lanes violation and had the charges of a felon possessing a large capacity firearm and unlicensed possession of an assault weapon dismissed."

there was a recently another case, dude walked out on probation for guns and heroin, was somewhere in framingham, I think.

f***ing MA "justice" ... how does it work?

Wow, just wow.

All those charges and 2 year sentence suspended! no jail time WTF
Who is the judge? Creedon?

no license, no problem, gun charges dismissed for simple possession of crank. How's that protecting public safety? No mention of how he got firearms or who's they were and if that person is in trouble.
This is the kind of story we should be using to throw in Maura's face

There are only two reasonable explanations that I can come up with.

1. The guy knew someone

2. There is tremendous pressure within the Massachusetts legal system to keep people out of prison for no other reason then to avoid the expense of incarceration. Such overwhelming pressure, that even guys like this walk.

What am I missing?

1. The guy knew someone

2. There is tremendous pressure within the Massachusetts legal system to keep people out of prison for no other reason then to avoid the expense of incarceration. Such overwhelming pressure, that even guys like this walk.

What am I missing?
You are missing decades of selectively using the law to punish certain people. Now stop reading internet forums and get back to work slave. This isn't unique to MA and it has been going on for decades.

serial question, is there a way to look into court documents and figure out why charges were dropped by the judge or not pursued by DA?

1. The guy knew someone

What am I missing?

Explanation #3). He gave up a bigger fish than himself and they made a deal.

He probably got the deal because he was a member of the criminal class.

If he was a college student who failed to get a MA LTC but committed no other crime in MA, he would have done time.

I'm surprised this is a surprise to people. The criminal class as someone nicely put it do not get held to the same standards as the productive class. As I said before this has been true for decades and happens everywhere. If you ever get the chance to chat with a minority from a shithole town ask them how many people he knows that have been caught with illegal guns and the usual charges.

It's not accidental or incompetence.
They want and need these guys out on the streets terrorizing the population to justify that "Just one more law. "Just one more infringement on your rights. " agenda.

He probably got the deal because he was a member of the criminal class.

If he was a college student who failed to get a MA LTC but committed no other crime in MA, he would have done time.

Didn't that kid Whitehead get 18 months for having a gun on the campus of Cape Cod Community College? If I recall he had an FID but no LTC.

serial question, is there a way to look into court documents and figure out why charges were dropped by the judge or not pursued by DA?

I'm pretty sure it's all public record. Go to the court and ask for a copy, I would think you could get a copy of the recording as well. Of course I would expect the clerk to do everything they could to interfere.

Back
Top Bottom