Falmouth man avoids jail on drug, firearms charges

There are only two reasonable explanations that I can come up with.

1. The guy knew someone

2. There is tremendous pressure within the Massachusetts legal system to keep people out of prison for no other reason then to avoid the expense of incarceration. Such overwhelming pressure, that even guys like this walk.

What am I missing?

I'm guessing the lawyer had an angle to get the traffic stop and subsequent search thrown out. Maybe the dashcam video didn't support the "crossed the center line" story - the traffic stop becomes questionable, therefore the search is shaky. The DA decides to give up most of the charges to score the win in court and can keep alive their 99.9% conviction rate claim. The bad guy gets a couple more convictions on his rap sheet but doesn't go to jail, so it's a win for him.

Yeah, but as law abiding gun owners, we'd be fcked faster than this guy was. Criminals get off easily...

*facepalm*

I can tell none of you guys have ever been in actual trouble. Or ever been in court in a major city in this state. If you get jammed on something its either cause your a huge idiot or you've been caught multiple times.

I'm gonna tell you a story. I got a buddy... ex mil guy. He was caught with a backpack full of blow, scales, sifts, money, and 2 handguns during a traffic stop. He however kept his mouth shut. He gets a really cheap lawyer.. "backpack wasn't his a hitchhiker left it in his car" there was nothing to ID the bag to my buddy. Dismissed.

Then the same guy throws a molotov cocktail through a guys window.. nearly burns the guys house down with his whole family inside. Gets ratted out by 2 people who were there with him. He however kept his mouth shut. Neither of these witnesses actually saw him throw the cocktail. They just saw him leave the car with it and then come back after the house was catching fire. Dismissed.

I've been in court a lot and the stuff that just slides through with court fees would make you sick.

Like the poster above me said they want that 99% win rate. IF EVERY single duck isn't in a row they will plea it down to nothing or dismiss.

Gun Laws are probably the least enforced laws in the commonwealth. Mostly cause joe blow LEO has no f***ing clue what they are. As long as you have your LTC and the gun isn't accompanied with an 8 ball youll be fine.

Last edited:
*facepalm*

I can tell none of you guys have ever been in actual trouble. Or ever been in court in a major city in this state. If you get jammed on something its either cause your a huge idiot or you've been caught multiple times.

I'm gonna tell you a story. I got a buddy... ex mil guy. He was caught with a backpack full of blow, scales, sifts, money, and 2 handguns during a traffic stop. He however kept his mouth shut. He gets a really cheap lawyer.. "backpack wasn't his a hitchhiker left it in his car" there was nothing to ID the bag to my buddy. Dismissed.

Then the same guy throws a molotov cocktail through a guys window.. nearly burns the guys house down with his whole family inside. Gets ratted out by 2 people who were there with him. He however kept his mouth shut. Neither of these witnesses actually saw him throw the cocktail. They just saw him leave the car with it and then come back after the house was catching fire. Dismissed.

I've been in court a lot and the stuff that just slides through with court fees would make you sick.

Like the poster above me said they want that 99% win rate. IF EVERY single duck isn't in a row they will plea it down to nothing or dismiss.

Gun Laws are probably the least enforced laws in the commonwealth. Mostly cause joe blow LEO has no f***ing clue what they are. As long as you have your LTC and the gun isn't accompanied with an 8 ball youll be fine.
Good advice. Your buddy is a real scumbag. Are the two rats still alive?

Please tell that to a good friend of mine that got whacked with CUI several years ago, I'm sure he'd love to
hear that. He got a CWOF (and his LTC back) but the affair wasn't cheap and it literally f***ed up his life for like 2 years. (and cost him a shitload of money). And that was with absolutely no mitigating circumstances, no
other charges, etc. (he wasn't driving when he was "pinged" by LE... )

Yeah, if you're a typical petty criminal surfing the wave of garbage your life rides upon, you can probably often skate through the courts in this state without taking much damage, if you don't care about not having a clean record or care about having a rap sheet thats a mile long, but that lifestyle is foreign (and shitty) for most otherwise mostly law abiding citizens.

-Mike

*facepalm*

You can assume that all you want, you're not correct though. Not going into any details of my record or what I should have had as a record because it's none of your business. I've seen how much of a joke the court system is in this state, the original story is just one of many. And yes, law abiding citizens have more to lose and get screwed more than someone who's been locked up a bunch of times.

*facepalm*

You do realize you are actually proving the point that real criminals get off easy, right?

Also, your buddy is a scumbag.

Also also, that story is entirely anecdotal.

there was a recently another case, dude walked out on probation for guns and heroin, was somewhere in framingham, I think.

f***ing MA "justice" ... how does it work?
It was Worcester and it's happening more than you know.

25152222_1678732032147344_1761566468303266267_n.jpg

Wasn't there another fine example in Worcester not long ago of a perp walking out of court on similar charges?

Relevant article making the rounds today:

It matters who the DA is - The Boston Globe

Sounds like a good way to get some NESers started on a career in politics. Run for DA promoting "change", "real prosecution of real crimes", "no more free rides for that with connections".

What are the requirements to run for DA? Do you have to be a lawyer? I though ADAs actually did the prosecuting while DAs were about policies, procedures, and setting standards where there is discretion.

Sounds like a good way to get some NESers started on a career in politics. Run for DA promoting "change", "real prosecution of real crimes", "no more free rides for that with connections".

What are the requirements to run for DA? Do you have to be a lawyer? I though ADAs actually did the prosecuting while DAs were about policies, procedures, and setting standards where there is discretion.

You know I hadn't thought of it that way, I just noticed that the DA for the cape made some on point comments that would explain how this model citizen walked.

You know I hadn't thought of it that way, I just noticed that the DA for the cape made some on point comments that would explain how this model citizen walked.

1. Get elected DA
2. Hold press conference: This county will not be enforcing Maura Healey's BS interpretation of the AWB, we will follow the law as enacted.
3. Do this day one, maybe everyone will forget by the time you need to be re-elected. (unfortunate reality)

Back
Top Bottom