Evil Gun

Sure sounds the same to me. Makes all the dead and wounded even more astounding. One part of me doesn't want to know, but the other side wonders.... how many shots per victim? How often did that little bullet stop a person with one shot? I don't mean to intrude on the reverence this event deserves. I just find it amazing that he did so much damage with a small caliber weapon.

Thanks for the spec EC

The Virginia Tech shooter used 9mm & a .22 LR pistols, Reagan and Brady were shot with a .22, but as EC pointed out, shooting unarmed people isn't really a great indicator of it's viability as a defensive round.

If the FN is making over 2000fps out of a pistol barrel, then it is hotter than 22Mag out of a similar barrel length.

But it's still less performance than a standard 9mm at more than twice the cost of ammo, nevermind that it's about twice the price of a 9mm Glock or Beretta.

The only advantage I see in this pistol over others is that if one has a P90 or a 5.7 upper for their AR they have interchangable ammo for both guns.

If the FN is making over 2000fps out of a pistol barrel, then it is hotter than 22Mag out of a similar barrel length.

The wound channel/ballistic energy profile of the round in balgel is very similar to 22 magnum, that's why it's often compared. The 5.7 is faster but the bullet is very light.

-Mike

Its big claim to fame is that it's a small and fast projectile. Small and fast is the easiest way to get through body armor for a projectile launched from a handgun. While not as efficient in the mortality department compared to more powerful loads, that doesn't mean it's not lethal.
If you want to penetrate body armor, use a rifle. If you don't want to use a rifle, then you need something with very little diameter and very fast.

The wound channel/ballistic energy profile of the round in balgel is very similar to 22 magnum, that's why it's often compared. The 5.7 is faster but the bullet is very light.

-Mike

Ah, I stand corrected then. Thanks.

I didn't think 22Mag was that bad--I've been buying them for around $10/50. Expensive for what it is (rimfire), but still cheaper than any centerfire that I know of.

No thank you please. Even though 22 magnum is no cheap affair, I really want one of Kel-Tec's PMR-30 pistols. Talk about fun! Thirty rounds of 22 magnum in a handgun - works for me! [cheers]

I still don't know why they don't have double stack Ruger MkII's, Browning Buckmarks, etc., or just one of these in .22 Magnum with standard capacity.

Back
Top Bottom