EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Thanks for the info. Now that I've raised a stink out here about it it will probably be in my mail box today....lol

I finally got around to sending away for the application, but a couple of questions, if I may:

Since the application has two copies for the CLEO, do you give both to the local Chief, or is one sufficient. (Why two copies, anyway?)

I noticed that one of the popular surplus dealers online says NO C&R sales to Massachusetts. Is a C&R really of any value in our wonderful state?

Thanks,
Gary

gws1063 said:
I noticed that one of the popular surplus dealers online says NO C&R sales to Massachusetts. Is a C&R really of any value in our wonderful state?

Uhhh...yeah! There are still plenty of dealers that WILL sell you C&R firearms. Plus, the discounts you get from places like MidwayUSA and Brownells are HUGE! I've had my C&R for 3 months now, and I've saved probably $500 on ordering stuff so far.

Is it of any value?...Hells yeah!

Jay G said:
My license application will go out in tomorrow's mail.

May G-d have mercy on my checkbook... [smile]

I just got back from vacation. The license and associated material were waiting for me in the pile 'o' mail - the check and app went out 6/9, I received the license AT THE LATEST 6/24. Two weeks soup to nuts. I didn't think it was possible for the .gov to move that quickly...

I, or at least my checkbook, am toast... [wink]

I still haven't received my license yet....three weeks and counting. I put a call into the ATF and they said it was sent on June 1. I told them I still haven't received it and they said they are sending another one and I should recieve it in 7 to 10 business days. The countdown begins....lol

daceman63 said:
I still haven't received my license yet....three weeks and counting. I put a call into the ATF and they said it was sent on June 1. I told them I still haven't received it and they said they are sending another one and I should recieve it in 7 to 10 business days. The countdown begins....lol

Look at it this way hun - it's just giving you more time to save up some more money to spend once you get it. [laugh] [wink]

well...after a three week wait and three phone calls to the ATF my FFL finally showed. I spoke to them earlier this week and the woman (very nice) told me she'd send another one but it would take 7 to 10 business days. It's been 4 business days at most. So, let the spending begin!!!!!

daceman63 said:
well...after a three week wait and three phone calls to the ATF my FFL finally showed. I spoke to them earlier this week and the woman (very nice) told me she'd send another one but it would take 7 to 10 business days. It's been 4 business days at most. So, let the spending begin!!!!!

Congratulations and don't forget the Ramen noodles !

Thanks...those noodles are good right? lol

And thanks to all of you for your advice and encouragement to complete the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's official...

I am now a C&R club member (application was mailed in on July 16th)!

Came home from work this AM and there was a big white USPS shipping envelope on my doorstep. (thing weighed about 5lbs). In my mailbox, was a
bright green envelope marked "official business".

So, now between all the firearms and reloading catalogs, NRA and GOAL literature, strange packages with return address' marked "something-or-others Militaria/Arms/Armory/etc and packages with ORMD/HazMat warning labels affixed, I have something else to give my neighbors cause for concern when packages large enough to contain a rifle show up at my door. [smile]

My C&R just arrived today!!! Let the damage begin, what distributors have good a selection of C&R pistols?

Congratulations.
You're going to have to search out that question yourself. Because of where we live, posters here are not allowed to mention any distributor who will deal with Mass customers. This is to protect the dealer.
Do some searching of the boards that cater to the C&R crowd and you'll get a feeling for what is available and where. Then it's a matter of placing an order or checking their policies. When you find one, do not post it here.
You'll make out OK. Have fun!

Had it, not anymore.

I had mine just before the time where the state (MA) changed all the rules. When I went to renew it I was told by the Chief to give it a try, but seeing I didn't have a store chances were slim it would be renew. It didn't try to renew based on that info. Anyone in MA as a private person not having a store still have their C&R FFL? I can always get it again. [smile]

I had mine just before the time where the state (MA) changed all the rules. When I went to renew it I was told by the Chief to give it a try, but seeing I didn't have a store chances were slim it would be renew. It didn't try to renew based on that info. Anyone in MA as a private person not having a store still have their C&R FFL? I can always get it again. [smile]

Sounds as if you're mixing up a C&R FFL with a dealer (01) FFL. The state has been making it pretty much impossible to hold a FFL-01 without having a storefront, but (1) nobody with a C&R FFL has a storefront, since you can't be "in the business" with one, and (2) the state has absolutely no say in whether or not you get a C&R.

Ken

Just got mine. Though I haven't got the lit and all the other stuff yet. It says to give it at least 10 days...but how long did any of you have to wait?

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom