EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Ninemil said:
I applied for the license a few months ago and my package arrived from the BATF a few days ago. It included a number of notices, pamphlets and a firearms record book but nothing that looked like a license or any mention of a license number. Not knowing what to expect I assumed that the license was just on-file but noticed the previous poster mentioned a license number. What am I missing?

As previously noted, the BATF sends out the packages from 2 different places. The info pack comes from one place and the license comes from another. You should be getting your license within the next few weeks. IIRC, mine came about 3 weeks after the info.

Lynne said:
As previously noted, the BATF sends out the packages from 2 different places. The info pack comes from one place and the license comes from another. You should be getting your license within the next few weeks. IIRC, mine came about 3 weeks after the info.

Mine was quite the opposite, Lynne...My license came and then my package with all the info came about a week and a half later. I guess it's different for everyone.

traveler57 said:
For example from Aimsurplus----(an otherwise good place to find guns)
"-MASSACHUSETTS CUSTOMERS: 01 FFL Dealers may purchase handguns that are on the MA approved for sale list, rifles without high capacity magazines. No C&R firearms sales. No high capacity magazine sales to anyone or dealer in MA. No Ammunition Sales."

Which sucks, when I lived in Dayton, just before I moved over here. We used to drive down to Aim and check out what they had. I used to love to get thier flyer in the mail...

It was a great place. And now that I'm in MA, no more Aim... I miss it. [crying]

Finishing filling it out and going in the mail today if I can get quick answers :)

2 quick questions:

Where it had asked for valid hunters license or permit # I put in my LTC-A #... I figured that was correct if I dont have a hunters permit

Also You do send them a copy of your LTC front and back correct?

Thanks-Wish me luck!!!

Last edited:
Dirtypacman said:
Finishing filling it out and going in the mail today if I can get quick answers :)

2 quick questions:

Where it had asked for valid hunters license or permit # I put in my LTC-A #... I figured that was correct if I dont have a hunters permit

Also You do send them a copy of your LTC front and back correct?

Thanks-Wish me luck!!!

Unless you are an "Nonimmigrant Alien", you don't have to show them a copy of anything. Question 10 only applies to Nonimmigrant Aliens, so unless you fall into the category, it doesn't apply. I sent the application and a check, nothing else. I also sent a copy of the application and letter to the Chief of Police in my town, per BATFE regulations. That's it.

Gary

Garys said:
Unless you are an "Nonimmigrant Alien", you don't have to show them a copy of anything. Question 10 only applies to Nonimmigrant Aliens, so unless you fall into the category, it doesn't apply. I sent the application and a check, nothing else. I also sent a copy of the application and letter to the Chief of Police in my town, per BATFE regulations. That's it.

Gary

Thanks its in the mail today 4/25 the wait is on :)

Got Mine Today!

Hello, All!

The mailman delivered a big package today with all of the info about having/using a C&R FFL. Even better was a blue envelope containing the FFL itself! [smile]

I mailed the application March 14th and today is April 27th. Not too bad considering that you're dealing with a bureaucracy.

Thanks to everyone here for the help in filling out the forms. Even more important was the suggestion that everyone apply for one. If I hadn't read about it here I doubt if I would ever have applied.

Mike

Congrats Center44,
I got my C&R on March 1st and already have 2 milsurp rifles and 3 more being delivered tomorrow. Pics to come of the collection, if only I can find my camera among all the packages of Ramen noodles!!![laugh]

First "Dealer" order from MidwayUSA

Ok, so I haven't actually made any firearm purchases as of yet with my C&R, but I made my first big "Dealer" purchase from MidwayUSA today...WOWWY WOW!!! I saved just shy of $300! Granted with the NRA Roundup it came to $1142, that's still A LOT of $$$ to save. Not to bicker over $10 but I thought Dealers got free shipping if the order was over $50 or something, but oh well.

Midway did away with the free shipping a number of years ago. So you have to watch your total cost including shipping vs. Brownells with much cheaper shipping.

I usually end up ordering from both companies to maximize savings. Just wait for one of Midway's sales so that the final cost makes sense for you.

I can definitely tell you FFL's don't get free shipping from Midway, unless it's a promotional. I've bought over $500 worth of ammo (my cost) from them in the last 2 months, and believe me, I had to pay shipping.

So how do you guys get your "Dealer" accounts set up at Midway and Brownells? Do you just place an order and include a signed copy of your C&R FFL? Do you mail them a copy of the C&R FFL with a cover letter asking you to set up a dealer account? At at Brownell's website I wasn't able to find anything about setting up Dealer accounts.

lagrangian said:
So how do you guys get your "Dealer" accounts set up at Midway and Brownells? Do you just place an order and include a signed copy of your C&R FFL? Do you mail them a copy of the C&R FFL with a cover letter asking you to set up a dealer account? At at Brownell's website I wasn't able to find anything about setting up Dealer accounts.

Send them a copy of the C&R with a letter asking to be added to the dealer list. Midway will do it automatically on line and when you are all set you'll automatically get dealer pricing. It's neat because you'll suddenly see the dealer price as well as the MSRP. Brownell's is a bit more complicated. First, you'll get a catalog with instructions for determining dealer pricing. Then go to the web site an set up an account. The step by step process will guide you though, but read it carefully or you'll miss the part about becoming a dealer.

Gary

this is great info. I sent for my application...I will re-read this thread for the instruction listed.....all very good information!!!

Thank you.

Am I reading this thread correctly that Brownells will sell to C&R holders at dealer cost? That is a huge savings over retail. I buy a lot of stuff from them.

Brian

Good news for MA C&R holders?

This was posted over in ARFCOM...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=463254&page=1

I'm uncertain just how much this would benefit C&R holders in MA as state laws would still apply, but even if we gain a very small step, it's a step in the right direction... and one more motivational reason to apply for a C&R. [smile]

Originally Posted By CRC:
H.R.1384
Title: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to update certain procedures applicable to commerce in firearms and remove certain Federal restrictions on interstate firearms transactions.
Sponsor: Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] (introduced 3/17/2005) Cosponsors (44)
Latest Major Action: 5/3/2006 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUMMARY AS OF:
3/17/2005--Introduced.

Firearm Commerce Modernization Act - Amends Federal firearms provisions to permit a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector to: (1) sell or deliver a firearm (currently, a rifle or shotgun) to a resident of a State other than a State in which the licensee's place of business is located or temporarily located if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer; and (2) conduct business temporarily at any gun show or event sponsored by any national, State, or local organization, or any affiliate devoted to the collection, competitive use, or other sporting use of firearms (currently, only at such a location in the State specified on the person's license).

Provides that nothing in the Act shall be construed to diminish the right of a licensee to conduct firearms transfers (currently, "curios or relics" firearms transfers) with another licensee away from the transferor's business premises.

LN, this would change nothing in MA. AG has "ruled" that Interstate Commerce in weapons of any type, alcohol, etc. is illegal in MA. It's all for the good of the children! [rolleyes]

LenS said:
LN, this would change nothing in MA. AG has "ruled" that Interstate Commerce in weapons of any type, alcohol, etc. is illegal in MA. It's all for the good of the children! [rolleyes]

I should have known it was too good to be true. [sad2]

Oh well, at least it gives our brothers in the free North something to look forward to (assuming it passes).

LenS said:

Not that anyone would, but this is ripe for challenge. Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution states that Congress shall have the power,

"To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes"

I'm not a lawyer, but the courts have used the Interstate Commerce Clause to justity a lot of things that the states either did or didn't want to to.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom