• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ever consider downsizing and consolidating your guns?

Just about every gun I own I am willing to trade and/or sell. If the gun has no meaning to me or has no history, I can trade it. I just traded my Desert Eagle to another member here (awesome guy!) and am happy as heck with the trade! I will not trade the guns my father-in-law and mother-in-law passed to me. They will be handed down to the next generation.

I like to collect weird guns. The weirder the gun the more I like it. But even those are up for grabs especially if I find another gun I want. I am thinking of trading in a Calico M100 22 rifle with two 100 round magazines. Ya, it’s cool and you can dump 100 rounds fast! But then you have to put 100 rounds back into the magazines. It gets a light old filling two 100 round mags.

I have sold a bunch, and the only two I truly miss are the Colt 1911a1 and Browning Hi power. Both I sold to my Dad, so I can still shoot them.

Not totally out of room, but I have to rearrange and bang around to get at stuff. I really only shoot three or four handguns and three or four rifles. It was the M95 thread that got me thinking. I shot it once at one of the Mansfield shoots and it has sat ever since.

If that's your only issue just get another safe. (Bigger one)

I regret every single gun I have ever sold. Itoo have many guns that never see the range. I have a few that have never been fired save the test shot at the factory. What are ya gonna do.... I'm a gun pack-rat

Have sold /traded many times only to get more.

Correct. Hated the PK380 and sold it immediately. The only .380 I like is my Italian Beretta m1934. I traded my G36 for the Gen4 G19 which I don't regret either.

If you're unsure about selling, don't do it!!!

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

I have a very wide range of guns, some in calibers that are near impossible to find. I've never considered selling any of them, so I can't say I have sellers regret.

Everyone I know who does sell guns and doesn't do it for a living, eventually regrets some of their sales.

I am down to what I actually use. No spares.

Only one I regret selling is this one

625-6inch002.jpg

I may build another

Dood. You sold one of "Jerry's Kids?" For shame.

Yes. With the exception of the first handgun I ever purchased (SW40VE), I regret every firearm I've sold.

My first semi-auto was an SW40F, and I actually regret selling it, otherwise I agree 100%. I'm in an upsizing phase, I need to at least finish the short list (21 guns at my last count) before I reconsider the size of the collection.

Posted from my busted old G2 on T-mobile's sorry network.

I've been buying, selling, collecting and trading for almost 12 years now and I can honestly say out of all the guns I've let go (and there have been a lot) I don't truly miss any of them. There are two pistols I had bought, sold, missed, and so bought again; Beretta 21A .22lr and Glock 19. There is one rifle that I traded away, missed and so bought again; Norinco MAK90.

Hey just for the fun of it I'm going to try to remember every gun I've ever sold or traded...

Hungarian FEG .380
Remington Wingmaster 12g
Montgomery Ward 12g pump (old piece of shit)
Iver Johnson 16g single barrel break action (another old piece of shit)
S&W 66-2 6" stainless
Glock 19
Para Ordnance C6 LDA
Para Ordnance P12 Limited
Beretta 21A
Beretta 92FS
S&W1911
Llama .380
CZ82
Braverman "stinger" pen gun
Norinco MAK90
Mauser HSc
Remington single shot bolt .22
Kahr K40
Yugo M59/66
Walther PPS
Ruger SP101
American Derringer .357/ .38
CZ50 - (some of you will remember that story)
Winchester .32spl lever action
Marlin Papoose .22 rifle
Jennings J22 (I actually purposefully destroyed it)
Mossberg 500

There must be a few I've forgotten but that's most of 'em.

I'm pretty happy with my meager collection now. I think of all that selling and trading as narrowing it down to a small pile of guns I really like.

It helps to have other hobbies of course. Wait til you see this friggin Mustang I'm rebuilding. [pot]

Dood. You sold one of "Jerry's Kids?" For shame.

Bastard child

It was a 625 fitted with a 6" 25-2 barrel, changeable front sight, LPA rear sight, Apex hammer .400 wide serrated trigger, and the sweetest action job I have ever done. I had a lot of time into it. Barrel and front sight were fitted by Greg Derr.

I am seriously considering another revolver project that any S&W collector would beat me for doing but what the heck, if I own it, I shoot it

I have not yet sold a gun, and I think I might be on the other side of the spectrum from many here in that I want to have a gun for every caliber. You got a round, I have a gun that can load and fire it... Doesn't really matter what's in stock at the LGS or Wal-mart, I buy whatever I feel like and choose the gun to match.

That's the long-term though, in the meantime I have one or two I wouldn't mind parting with.

I've been buying, selling, collecting and trading for almost 12 years now and I can honestly say out of all the guns I've let go (and there have been a lot) I don't truly miss any of them. There are two pistols I had bought, sold, missed, and so bought again; Beretta 21A .22lr and Glock 19. There is one rifle that I traded away, missed and so bought again; Norinco MAK90.

Hey just for the fun of it I'm going to try to remember every gun I've ever sold or traded...

Hungarian FEG .380
Remington Wingmaster 12g
Montgomery Ward 12g pump (old piece of shit)
Iver Johnson 16g single barrel break action (another old piece of shit)
S&W 66-2 6" stainless
Glock 19
Para Ordnance C6 LDA
Para Ordnance P12 Limited
Beretta 21A
Beretta 92FS
S&W1911
Llama .380
CZ82
Braverman "stinger" pen gun
Norinco MAK90
Mauser HSc
Remington single shot bolt .22
Kahr K40
Yugo M59/66
Walther PPS
Ruger SP101
American Derringer .357/ .38
CZ50 - (some of you will remember that story)
Winchester .32spl lever action
Marlin Papoose .22 rifle
Jennings J22 (I actually purposefully destroyed it)
Mossberg 500

There must be a few I've forgotten but that's most of 'em.

I'm pretty happy with my meager collection now. I think of all that selling and trading as narrowing it down to a small pile of guns I really like.

It helps to have other hobbies of course. Wait til you see this friggin Mustang I'm rebuilding. [pot]

Norinco MAK90s are awesome. My cousin has one and I love shooting them. And the Glock 19!? Are you crazy?? Yugo M59/66? My eyes are burning! [shocked]

Norinco MAK90s are awesome. My cousin has one and I love shooting them. And the Glock 19!? Are you crazy?? Yugo M59/66? My eyes are burning! [shocked]

Yup definitely love the MAK90.

The worst part about getting rid of the Glock 19?... I traded it towards the Para Ordnance C6!! [puke]

I sold the Yugo M59/66 to fund a Russian refurb SKS. I like it better. [wink]

That's not to bad for the Russian then. A C6? Bahaha. We all make bad trades/buys. The PK380 was my first fu** up, but I learned a lot from buying a gun that doesn't fit your needs.

Here's the ones I regret selling:
Remington pump 870 shotgun with Knoxx stock
Ruger 9mm carbine, if I could somehow have gotten that bizarre trigger pull fixed
CMP m1 carbine
M&P 9mm; I would have kept it except for the 10 round limit in this god forsaken excuse for a state
Winchester centennial .30-30
Winchester 1894 from the 1920's
AR15 HBAR 20" A2
Ruger 10/22 with VQ sear and hammer
S&W 1911 stainless; it was too heavy to carry, but it was a great pistol

And here's the ones I don't:

KelTec sub2000
Marlin 357 1894 lever rifle; build quality was unacceptable
some gaudy winchester lever rifle, where the brass on the receiver was rubbing off
Browning .22 semi-auto; the shells ejected downwards onto my wrist
Beretta 92FSC; grip was too fat for my hand
Universal M1 carbine; 'nuff said
Auto Ordnance m1 carbine; tended to jam
Browning Camper, the thing sprayed debris back when you shot it, failed to get the slide forward in cold weather
Bushmaster Carbon 15; total loss, the f*cking thing broke and would have cost more to repair than it was worth. no warranty. garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one more to the regret list; a Henry single shot bolt action youth rifle with fiber optic sights. The most fun gun I think we had. Kids loved it, everyone loved it.

I haven't sold many so far, I have traded them for other guns.
Traded my Buckmark for a Star Super 9mm, traded my Browning A5 for a S&W 4516, traded my WASR-10 for an AR upper.
I paid $400 for my G19, traded it for a package deal S&W M&P9 and a 9c and a bunch of mags. Traded some of the mags for AR mags. I traded the 9c for a PRS Custom guitar, traded the 9 for a Para 1911. For $400 I ended up with a $600 guitar, a Para 1911 and a bunch of AR mags.

the only thing i ever regret selling was a Marlin 39A carbine...it would never eject properly but it was damn accurate, my father would hit apples at 100 yards just screwing around.

Here's the ones I regret selling:
Remington pump 870 shotgun with Knoxx stock
Ruger 9mm carbine, if I could somehow have gotten that bizarre trigger pull fixed
CMP m1 carbine
M&P 9mm; I would have kept it except for the 10 round limit in this god forsaken excuse for a state
Winchester centennial .30-30
Winchester 1894 from the 1920's
AR15 HBAR 20" A2
Ruger 10/22 with VQ sear and hammer
S&W 1911 stainless; it was too heavy to carry, but it was a great pistol

And here's the ones I don't:

KelTec sub2000
Marlin 357 1894 lever rifle; build quality was unacceptable
some gaudy winchester lever rifle, where the brass on the receiver was rubbing off
Browning .22 semi-auto; the shells ejected downwards onto my wrist
Beretta 92FSC; grip was too fat for my hand
Universal M1 carbine; 'nuff said
Auto Ordnance m1 carbine; tended to jam
Browning Camper, the thing sprayed debris back when you shot it, failed to get the slide forward in cold weather
Bushmaster Carbon 15; total loss, the f*cking thing broke and would have cost more to repair than it was worth. no warranty. garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one more to the regret list; a Henry single shot bolt action youth rifle with fiber optic sights. The most fun gun I think we had. Kids loved it, everyone loved it.

Good info. But why did you sell the Sub2000?

I typically only keep what I shoot. I sell off guns that I think would have no real place other than novelty, I'd only consider a novelty gun if it was historic (Like a moist nugget). I use the new money to buy ammo or more guns, or sometimes to save it.

Out of curiousity, where/how did it break? Was it a lower thing or something in the upper? I know these guns use weird ass pistol buffers and such.

-Mike

I regret selling an old Ruger 10/22 from like the 70's. Oh well. Most other guns I have traded or sold for another gun. I don't miss any of those. That Ruger 10/22 will haunt me forever.

I made a pact with myself never to buy a gun that required extremely expensive or hard to find ammunition. The first gun I owned, beyond my childhood bb guns, is a 16ga bolt action shotgun that belonged to my grandfather. My folks gave it to me when I was 15 and got my FID card...back in the early 70s. I hunted with it until I was able to get a pump 12ga. I still own every gun I ever bought except for one. I thought perhaps I had enough different calibers but that passed when I recently added 3 lever rifles, all in different calibers, to the safe. I've thought about selling 2 of my guns but I figure neither of them is costing me anything to own so I'll hang on to them. My next interest might be in an AR10.

I started buying firearms again around 1980 about 5 years after a 6 year enlistment ..I have bought a lot of guns, never sold even one,I dont know HOW to sell one. But I have bought a lot of safes. LOL !

The first gun I sold was around 1989 I told a coworker who was a shooter I was regretting it.

He said he sold one once and still regretted it and would never make that mistake again.

Since then I'd have to look up the number that came and went. My biggest regrets a Colt Python four inch stainless, S&W 686 six inch silhouette and a Uzi Model B.

If I start thinking about it I'm sure I will come up with a few more that bug me. Many others I sold to buy other things so it didn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom