• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EOPSS Gun Control Advisory Board Meeting 11/2

CAR

From the EOPSS website:

https://www.mass.gov/event/gun-control-advisory-board-meeting-2017-11-02t100000-0400-2017-11-02t120000-0400

Agenda:

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/10/30/GCAB Open Meeting Notice and Agenda 11.2.17.pdf

Pursuant to the provisions of G.L. c. 30A and 940 CMR 29.00 et seq., the Gun Control Advisory Board will meet on Thursday, November 02, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in the Operations Room at the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency at 400 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01702.

If any member of the public wishing to attend this meeting seeks special accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Shannon Sullivan, Assistant General Counsel, at 617-727-7775 or [email protected].

Last edited:
I don't understand what value this board adds to anything.

Another way for government to intrude on your life.

It doesn't much matter to you or me since the AG will never sign off on them. I really don't understand what the hatred by successive AGs is all about. A Glock is just another polymer framed semi auto. Not much different than a M&P or a Sig 320 for that matter. I'd say it was protectionism for S&W, but if that were true, it would extend to other brands I'd think.

At least the Glock Gen 5’s are being tested.

There shouldn't BE a list...

So you'd prefer the AG's (non) List to a printed list that at least provides some guidance to dealers?

[I know, we'd all like all of that C.180 law to disappear, but it just isn't ever going to happen so some list is better than no list (lesser evil).]

Yeah I already own one of the guns listed, lots of folks probably do, lists suck, goverment approval should not be needed, got it OK.

But setting that aside...

The Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion is IMO possibly the prettiest of the potential additions and seeing it made easier to acquire shouldn’t make anyone sad.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-emperor-scorpion-full-size.html

So you'd prefer the AG's (non) List to a printed list that at least provides some guidance to dealers?

[I know, we'd all like all of that C.180 law to disappear, but it just isn't ever going to happen so some list is better than no list (lesser evil).]

I'd prefer the legislature eliminate the AG's power grab through the 'Consumer Protection' legislation that every AG since Luther H. has abused to stick their filthy paws into regulatory matters by fiat that were already delegated to other departments by the legislature.

The pissing contest and kickback corruption between DPU and the AG over utility rates is another example of this overreaching 'consumer' horseshit.

Advisory boards just advise, then get ignored and nothing changes in my experience.
Don't ask how I know.

Last edited:

a.k.a. agreeing to the insertion of just the tip doesn't mean you haven't been raped...

Yeah I already own one of the guns listed, lots of folks probably do, lists suck, goverment approval should not be needed, got it OK.

But setting that aside...

The Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion is IMO possibly the prettiest of the potential additions and seeing it made easier to acquire shouldn’t make anyone sad.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-emperor-scorpion-full-size.html

I hope this is not a dupe... I did search here and through Google.

It did not take long after the meeting! The new lists have been published and it appears all of the tested guns made it to the list.
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/12/01/Approved Firearms Roster 11-2017.pdf

Including the Sig Sauer 1911 Emperor Scorpion.

Wea6xPR.jpg

And on the Formal Target Shooting list the Sig Sauer 320X5-9BAS-10
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/12/01/Formal Target Shooting Roster 11-2017.pdf

eFBtLF7.jpg

It doesn't much matter to you or me since the AG will never sign off on them.

The AG doesn't "sign off" on anything. Getting those guns on the list is still a big deal- it means that a dealer cannot be criminally prosecuted for transferring one.... even if the AG gets pissy about the CMR 940 stuff, they still can't try to hold "jail" over the dealers
head.

-Mike

It doesn't much matter to you or me since the AG will never sign off on them. I really don't understand what the hatred by successive AGs is all about. A Glock is just another polymer framed semi auto. Not much different than a M&P or a Sig 320 for that matter. I'd say it was protectionism for S&W, but if that were true, it would extend to other brands I'd think.
Why Glocks? A leading theory is the ready availability of prebans. Sounds right to me.

They hate Glock because Glock told the Ma AG to go pound sand when they wanted help in determining which mags were pre-ban and post-ban IIRC. I think there is more to it, and maybe one of the folks that knows the whole story can confirm.

Funny how "copy or duplicate" only works in one direction.

They hate Glock because Glock told the Ma AG to go pound sand when they wanted help in determining which mags were pre-ban and post-ban IIRC. I think there is more to it, and maybe one of the folks that knows the whole story can confirm.

Speaking of that, what's the latest on the glock and Remington lawsuits?

Why Glocks? A leading theory is the ready availability of prebans. Sounds right to me.

Since Glock outsells all that stuff by like 3 to 1 at a minimum, its a memetic thing IMHO to discourage firearms licensing and buying (or even owning) handguns in Massachusetts. Joe Fungoehead goes on google or has friend tell him "you can't buy new glocks in MA" Joe Fungoehead decides its not even worth the effort to get licensed. "If I can't get what I want, why even bother" This is the first phase of "downtrodden MA gun owner syndrome" and it works very well, because most people are stupid, weak, and like adopting the "victim" mentality. Hell back some 15+ years ago it almost worked on me. Literally one of the few things that kept me going to get my license was something along the lines of like... "This CMR940 stuff smells like bullshit. It has to be. " The MA far left anti gun cabal that grooms/selects/annoints the dem AG candidate every so many years has this item on their script. Glocks are bad because Angus McQuillicken or whoever it is that that came up with their little scheme, says so... Ever wonder, "why can't we ever catch even the slightest break, why are all the AGs pretty much equally as bad?" because it's "by design" that's why.

-Mike

It's all political/memetic, IMHO. Yeah, the AGs office battle has something to do with it, but the cabal decided to pick one manufacturer to demonize, and it happened to be Glock- because "they" thought Glock was a good target for their bullshit. If you go back to late 90s, (when all this GCA98 bullshit started) it makes even more sense.... if you wanted a polymer framed handgun back then, you were pretty much buying a Glock (there was other stuff back then, like the Sigma, but nobody took most of those guns seriously. I think even colt pinched out a turd many years earlier, called the all american... lol) Some theories of mine- The AGs anti gun cabal probably saw guys waving them around in rap videos, or shit like that, and they also wanted a way to divide gun owners; since even at the time the contingent of fudd shitheads that said "I'll never buy a gun made out of plastic, f**k those things, f**k the people that own them" was much, much larger. Thankfully most of those people either died or got over themselves, but by then, it was too late.

-Mike

I have been informed by "She Who Must be Obeyed" that I must refrain from any firearms purchases till after Christmas. :eek:

But I have made a vow that when that time comes I am going to mount a rescue operation for one of those poor Emperor Scorpion 1911s clearly being held against its will in the Sig factory. :rolleyes:

I have been informed by "She Who Must be Obeyed" that I must refrain from any firearms purchases till after Christmas. :eek:

But I have made a vow that when that time comes I am going to mount a rescue operation for one of those poor Emperor Scorpion 1911s clearly being held against its will in the Sig factory. :rolleyes:

Just do not SHOW it to her until after Christmas - problem solved. "Look Honey, Look at my new "JANUARY" purchase now that we are here in January!!

Just do not SHOW it to her until after Christmas - problem solved. "Look Honey, Look at my new "JANUARY" purchase now that we are here in January!!

In truth the reason she tells me not to buy stuff before Christmas is often because she knows Santa has something special in the sleigh for me.

Back
Top Bottom