EOPSS Gun Control Advisory Board Meeting 11/2

The agenda form the meeting two weeks ago 9/7/2018
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2018/09/04/GCAB Open Meeting Notice 9.4.18.pdf

Suprised that testing still hasn’t been offered up for the HK VP9SK.

The addition of the Sig 1911 Ultra Compact will mean it will be easier to get your hands on, although no mention of the .45 version.
1911 Two-Tone Ultra-Compact

:emoji_tiger:

So this is all that would update the last list from May2018? Wanted to see more than this...…..

I hope I am not a dupe here, if so it is not for lack of searching.

The 19 Oct. 2018 meeting was canceled, and this announcement was posted just 4 days before the new meeting date, and so it slipped past me in the lead up to Christmas.

Sadly still no HK VP9SK but it does look like it will be easier to get a Sig P365 although the MA model will have a manual safety (judging by the model code).
Springfield is represented with another version of their 1911.
Sig M17 is another one that some folks might like for collector appeal.

The target roster gets the Volquartsen Scorpion and the very cool Sig 1911 Max in .45cal and 9mm

Gun Control Advisory Board (GCAB) Meeting

Friday, December 14, 2018

New Lab Test Reports

Glock 34 Gen5 9mm
Glock 26 Gen5 9mm
Glock 19X 9mm
Sturm, Ruger & Co Mark IV Lite (Model #43921) .22LR
Smith & Wesson 19-9 Classic.357 Mag
Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4” NTS 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4” TS 9mm
Sig Sauer 365-9-BXR3-MS-MA 9mm
Sig Sauer 320F-9-M17-MS-MA 9mm
Springfield Armory XD(M) 4.5”, Black Threaded, OSP (XDMT9459BOSP) 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911-A1,TRP Service Model,Stainless Steel w/Night Sights (PC9107L18).45ACP

Functional Design Equivalents
Smith & Wesson SW1911 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911-A1,TRP Service Model,Black w/Night Sights(PC9108L18).45ACP
Springfield Armory XD(M) 4.5” Black, Threaded OSP w/Venom (XDMT9459BOSPV) 9mm
Springfield Armory XD(S) MOD. 2-3.3” Black (XDSG9339B)9mm

Formal Target Shooting Roster
Sig Sauer 1911-9-Maxm 9mm
Sig Sauer 1911-45-Maxm .45ACP
Volquartsen Scorpion LLV 4.5” .22LR

Last edited:
After reading that agenda announcement yesterday I began searching the web for an image of a Sig P365 with a manual safety, just out of interest and an abundance of spare time.
I figured if nothing else there might be a leaked one if someone had been given an example for testing, but no.

The best I could do was this pictograph from the official owners manual last updated in June. If the manual is accurate to the production run then there is nothing surprising and it is more modest than the arch shaped lever they put on the P320.

E57UkRZ.png

The Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact 4" is on that meeting minutes to review the test results. The last roster that actually came out was 9/18. My LTC should be arriving anytime soon and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for the compact to show up on the list. That is definitely the gun I would like to buy. I know that I could buy used and do a private sale transfer and that the list only affect what dealers can sell but I want to buy it brand new.

Does anyone has any idea in when the new roster will came out?

You still can regardless if it’s on the list.

I think I need a little bit of guiding on how to do that. I thought that if you were a MA resident, the only way to get a firearm that was not on the list was to buy it used through a private sale. If there's anynother was to legally purchase a firearm while living in MA, can you share that with me?

I get it guys. This is a public forum and of course it's probably a bad idea to just throw a way around the roster here but I'm just new to the firearms world and kind of needed help about where to go to get stuff done

But hey thanks for the reply

This is the second post in 20 seconds I've read; that ends in "nobody knows". Seems to be the trend.

The law actually REQUIRES publication quarterly. However, we all should know that the law does not apply to those in charge of the laws, only to the unwashed masses.

Back
Top Bottom