• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Encounter with Boston Cop while carrying today

Q1: I thought it was law that if you are CCW that you had to notify the cop right away about it?

And on a personal level, being honest with a cop is definitely the best way to interact with him. Just tell him straight forward that you have a weapon on you, because what will happen should he discover a reason to pull you out of the car and then he discovers the weapon on your side? He's going to be pissed right?! In his mind he is now thinking of all that time you just had to potentially pull the weapon on him....and cops DO NOT like that. You can forget about him giving you a break now, because now he's pissed off and likely going to land as many charges as he can.
Like others have said, don't give any more information than is needed.

That last line contradicts the first part. It is not required by law and I personally don't see any reason to share that information by playing the "what if" game.

Drive the speed limit; stop at red lights and octagonal signs.

This makes it less likely that you will have to talk to John Law.

Just sayin'

There's a lot of truth to this. Actually, I'd just sum it up as, "Don't drive like an idiot."

I would think that the police should be much more concerned about the people carrying without an LTC. Those are the people who pretty obviously don't care about that or probably most any other law.

Back
Top Bottom