• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EDC Change

If its just that the 19 is a little chunky, but you still conceal it well and are comfortable with it, then don't. This is coming from a guy who owns 4 XD pistols. I like my XDm 9mm 3.8" for most carry duty, but the XDs gets the nod when I can't necessarily dress around a pistol.

The XDs 9mm is a fine pistol, with a decent trigger that shoots better than its diminutive size would indicate it should. That being said, I don't get along with Glock pistols, and I shoot a G19 better than I do my XDs; it's more gun to hold on to, plain and simple.

I have made the switch for my EDC form my G19 to my G26. Its just easier to conceal. I am personally not a fan of the slim single stacks. They serve a great role for deep concealment or for smaller people (like the GF). They carry nice but my big hands run out of grip. That and the 43 is actually taller then the 26 and holds 4 less rounds. 26 is only about 1/5" thicker. My "issue" with concealing is that I like it right on my hip and having a big handle will make my shirt stick out more, 26 fits my needs. Plus you can slap a wide range of capacity mags up to 33 rds [smile]

not an XD fan personally. but to each their own.

Last edited:
are you keeping the 26 with a flush mag or a extended finger rest mag.. ?

Me? I carry it with a flush mag. the finger rest makes it as tall as the 19. I have a couple mags with the finger rest of range time, but I have gotten over the whole pinky thing. My hand is big enough to slide my pinky under the mag and it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom