Eastern States Show - Bullet Proof Vest Purchase Warning! CRITICAL

My SINCERE appologies to Hooper and everyone else. 2 forums going at the same time and using speech software.

What a lame excuse!!! Man up dude and admit you don't know what you are talking about. I think you owe hooper a real apology. My son would make an excuse like that but at least he's 13.

We got all new vests from the successor company to Second Chance. I didn't see their name mentioned in the press release, but they issue drove them into bankruptcy and the successor company ended up doing the replacements. First, they tried giving us some sort of enhancement panel, but that made the vest too heavy, too hot, and unwearable. Then they agree to replace the ballistic panels. Which they did, but it took almost two years to get mine.

I think those vests were recalled when some of us were still wearing diapers, but still good info regardless.

ETA: For what its worth not all of those zylon vests failed. The problem was, IIRC, that vests that got exposed to a lot of sweat and humidity got degraded. Not something I would wear, though... fun to shoot at the range if you get them on the cheap, though.

-Mike

Lame excuses, thanks. Well little about me so everyone is onthe same page. I am honestly and truly sorry again Hooper. I am a newbie to NES and am here to make friendsand chat not cause waves. I had 2 different chats going and that’s my mistake,will not do that again.
I am disabled and using speech software called InvoTek. The software and my new limitations I am stillgetting use to. No worries though I can still do all the things that I use toand you can do, I just have to do some of them a little different. I suffered burns to my face chest and hands in2009. I lost my thumb on my right hand along with 3 fingers on my left. I sufferedinhalation burns to my mouth trachea and lungs and has left me with a speech deficiencybecause of all the scar tissue. It’s difficult for me to pronounce my words buteven harder to type them on a computer key board. Post injury I am good and keep the fight up everyday. Hoo-Ah!!!!!!!. When I was active and before they boarded me out medicallyI loved to shoot and weapons. I believe many or some of you may refer to them asguns. lol lol So I guess that is my common bond with everyone here on NES. Ispend pretty much all of my time with my wife which I love dearly and owe allotof my success since my injuries to her. When I am not with her I spend time at2 hospitals as a volunteer speaking and talking to people who suffered burnslike me along with spending time and volunteering at a nursing home in my localarea. When I am not doing all those I like to be at the range tossing lead downrange not so much these days though because of the ammo and weapon craze. So that’s a little about me.

What a lame excuse!!! Man up dude and admit you don't know what you are talking about. I think you owe hooper a real apology. My son would make an excuse like that but at least he's 13.

We have a tough crowd here and you need to develop a thick skin. We've all gone through it, in one way or another. Baptism by fire, so to speak. Don't let us get to you. And welcome!

No worries Ranger, all good. I don't take anything on an anonymous forum to heart and really wasn't as upset about any of this as some of the others (I do appreciate their support however). Sheesh, this is tame compared to a photography forum I frequent. Different kind of shooting but those guys are tough!

Sounds like you have had a pretty tough row to hoe. I applaud your courage and hope that your health continues to improve! Sounds like you have one hell of a wife there. Good for you! Glad to see you have an outlet for communication and I am inspired by your willingness to give back as a volunteer in the face of all you have suffered! NICE and REPS for you!

Glad you posted this. Always nice to make a new acquaintance.

Hooper

UPDATE - Got a call tonight from the company who has submitted a full refund. Should see it in a couple days. They were very apologetic and swears they have a no zylon policy. Didn't even ask me to send back the vest which does tell me a lot.

Back
Top Bottom