"Doomsday" 2012

Didn't watch video... prepping for a single (and unlikely) event is a bad idea. What happens when the event does not happen on schedule? A lot of people called it quits on prepping after the predictable non-event of Y2K.

But he has a really nice aquaponics setup there... maybe that guy won't call it quits in 2012. And where did he find a wife that cute who also likes prepping?

I think I saw this the 1st time it aired. If I remember correctly, at the end of each segment they had a "prepper expert" point out your strengths and weaknesses and evaluate each family. Most were extremely lacking in some area, other than one ex-military guy/family I think. That one dude did have a nice aquaponics set-up but no firearms or training whatsoever...again if memory serves me correctly.

I watched the first video, and while I do believe in being prepared, I don't think you can let it consume your whole life. You do have to live in the here and now just a little bit so you can enjoy the moment right before the zombie apocalypse to its fullest. [rofl]

But he has a really nice aquaponics setup there... maybe that guy won't call it quits in 2012. And where did he find a wife that cute who also likes prepping?

That's pretty much why I found his setup interesting was the innovative way to create the nutrients for the pond..
I also thought the same thing about the wife [wink]

I think I saw this the 1st time it aired. If I remember correctly, at the end of each segment they had a "prepper expert" point out your strengths and weaknesses and evaluate each family. Most were extremely lacking in some area, other than one ex-military guy/family I think. That one dude did have a nice aquaponics set-up but no firearms or training whatsoever...again if memory serves me correctly.
sothernprepper1 on youtube is the military guy check him out i you get a chance he's very informative as well as engineer775..

If you're talking about the first guy, if you watch closely when he's packing his "go" bag, you can see him slide in a blue box witch looks like a pistol case and A box of ammo. As far as training and whether or not he (his wife and kids) knows how to use it, who knows.

Sign me up. Living in an apocalyptic world eating green puke and defending against hoards of psychotic thugs is my idea of fun. I always liked the Mad Max films. I just need to buy some leathers and get a cool car with nitro boost. Seriously... if you survive, make a stand and when things get too bad do yourself and your family. I can't imagine life expectancy under those conditions would be very long, and God forbid those little kids need to try to survive without their prepper parents. If the CME/nuclear holocost/zombies/biowar happens, please let me be one of the first to go. The good news is I won't have to deal with the crazy MA gun laws anymore....

If you're talking about the first guy, if you watch closely when he's packing his "go" bag, you can see him slide in a blue box witch looks like a pistol case and A box of ammo. As far as training and whether or not he (his wife and kids) knows how to use it, who knows.

I didn't catch that...I stand corrected. I still feel like he'd have an awfully hard time protecting that set-up with just his goofy ass and his wife shooting out the windows, using their canned good "safe room". I think the military guy had his shit together and their only 'flaw' was a lack of a neighborhood posse I think, which he acknowledged and said he didn't want or need anyway.
Overall interesting perspective on what people are doing. Most will still not make it long.

Oh, I hear ya about him and his wife defending their compound. I was just letting you know that it did look as if he at least has a handgun (which the hordes will add to their collection of booty...lol).
I liked the setup the guy with the bomb shelter had (gonna get kinda lonely living in a whole in the ground though...lol).

Oh, I hear ya about him and his wife defending their compound. I was just letting you know that it did look as if he at least has a handgun (which the hordes will add to their collection of booty...lol).
I liked the setup the guy with the bomb shelter had (gonna get kinda lonely living in a whole in the ground though...lol).

the bomb shelter was cool I agree. a shape charge will take that door out and then toss in a percussion grenade for good measure and yer in [smile]

The quality of National Geographic began to decline when they started calling it "Nat Geo". It's now a TV channel for the syllablically declined.

How will he get water in Phoenix when the grid goes down? When I think good place to survive, a major city in the middle of a desert isn't the first thing that comes to my mind.

EXACTLY!! There are ways to survive and even thrive in the desert but this guy doesn't seem to employ any of those methods.. Good luck to them though..

Back
Top Bottom