Doomsday Bunkers---New Show

looks like it would be fun to watch. Hopefully it doesnt start off good and end up involving some girlfriend/family drama like other discovery series have done.

Is it me or has the MSE (mainstream entertainment) starting to really jump the shark with all of these shows.

Starting to? We're well past starting to. I got 500 channels of nothing to watch, and 30 new shows about the shallow end of the gene pool ain't my cup of tea.

At least, from what I've seen from the adds, this is another show following a manufacturer, their customers and their jobs. Like Tanked, Black-Ops Brothers or American Chopper. They found a company that builds and installs survival prep bunkers and are going to follow them. If that is indeed what it is, then it should be a reasonable good show.

Discovery Channel hasn't published a show page yet, so it's hard to know if this is what it will be or not.

just skip the commentary....

[video=youtube_share;4TqOu4r1KQA]http://youtu.be/4TqOu4r1KQA[/video]

[video=youtube_share;kW1956wyFq4]http://youtu.be/kW1956wyFq4[/video]

Last edited:
Those things are not cheap by any means, I mean like several hundreds of thousands of dollars for the motel 6 version, that's before you stuff it with the necessary goodies. Can they withstand a bunkerbuster??

wasnt bad. much less of a joke than doomsday preppers. the guy who thinks hes gonna let people train in his bunker and then shut everyone else out when the shtf is dreaming

How is it?

I like it. I think it's better than doomsday preppers. At least, lots of shooting and explosion & lot's of whinning overwork employees. For gadget folks, some cool technology (developing automatic defense system, aka skynet).

Now, I need to prep a plan for a bunker in the deep wood/mountain in Vermont/New Hempshire/Maine. But before execute the plan, I need to stock up lots of firearms/foods.

I saw the guy that was going to train people in his bunker and thought he could keep them out wtshtf - people on the outside have all kinds of time and almost unlimited manpower. The door will slow them down, but not stop them.

Use the door for the training then, have a ready-plan to close it off with cement and dirt and cover it over. Have an extra door of similar construction, hidden elsewhere with a third for emergency evac. For $459,000 - that should be a 'cheap' deal.

How about the guy in Florida who went to check out his bunker site and his generator was stolen?
A generator that was buried down 2 feet and surrounded by cinder blocks mind you..

I think it is time for him to RELOCATE that bunker.

Why do these guys always test their doors with small arms fire? How about a cutting torch?

The bunker that they built was very nice. Maybe too nice. I'd be happy with a few cots, some LED lighting, a toilet, and a pantry.

I hope that in future shows they explain the ventilation and waste disposal systems.

And the one thing I feared was that the typical shop BS would come into play - the boss's son being a wiseass, the practical jokes, the phony deadlines for dramatic effect. It's no different than Cake Boss, Sons of Guns, Howe & Howe Tech, etc... I know that there are people who like the drama more than the technical details, but I'm not in that group.

BTW, I tried watching SOG last night and couldn't watch 2 minutes of it. I'm done.

How about the guy in Florida who went to check out his bunker site and his generator was stolen?
A generator that was buried down 2 feet and surrounded by cinder blocks mind you..

I think it is time for him to RELOCATE that bunker.

no kidding I think the gig is up on that spot.

I thought the show was decent. I basically watched because I knew it was going to show some high end dream home style bunkers for me to drool over. The plus of it was that i discovered that the wife was open to the idea of one down the road as we are looking for a new house now. [smile]

That was the worst surveillance/camera installation I've ever seen... I don't believe for a second that someone random stumbled across that guys bunker in FL, started digging, and just so happened to find the generator. That was an inside job for sure, either someone on the build team or a contractor that assisted with the build. Otherwise the show was OK... The guy with the $400k bunker was a full tard making the location of it public, I'm guessing he's gonna try to write it off as a business expense.

That was the worst surveillance/camera installation I've ever seen... I don't believe for a second that someone random stumbled across that guys bunker in FL, started digging, and just so happened to find the generator. That was an inside job for sure, either someone on the build team or a contractor that assisted with the build. Otherwise the show was OK... The guy with the $400k bunker was a full tard making the location of it public, I'm guessing he's gonna try to write it off as a business expense.

A half a million dollar bunker? yea he's trying to write it off as an expense.

Watched it last night with some buddies, some of the shit they were putting in those bunkers were wasteful. And the guy with the bunker 300 miles away? really? have fun getting there when SHTF. Also smacking your wife's ass on cable TV is very disrespectful and demeaning to her.

What gets me is the 4 ft ventilation pipe sticking straight up, like someone isn't going to figure that out. Yea, that security camera/speaker wasn't to obvious, white on trees doesn't stick out, shoot the thing off. The problem with underground is air, find the vent, seal it and they'll have to come out. No thanks, 450,000 bucks will buy me a nice 2500 sq ft. place in a free state and I'll take my chances with full auto, well stocked above ground, fire retardant and Yankee ingenuity.

Was it me or did it seem they are a little inexperienced with building bunkers. They had to build that custom door for that $450k bunker and test it? Wouldn't you have done this well before you build any bunkers? And the door still didn't seem to be that strong or to seal very well. I have seen bunkers at that price point that are a lot better built and don't stick out like soar thumbs. They shouldn't be building bunkers if some one can still your generator that easily.

I love the motion detector gun setup! So some poor slob walks on your property by accident and gets pounded by gun fire..Great idea, you won't need the bunker any more since you will be sitting in jail.

Back
Top Bottom