• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doomsday Bunkers---New Show

What gets me is the 4 ft ventilation pipe sticking straight up, like someone isn't going to figure that out. Yea, that security camera/speaker wasn't to obvious, white on trees doesn't stick out, shoot the thing off. The problem with underground is air, find the vent, seal it and they'll have to come out. No thanks, 450,000 bucks will buy me a nice 2500 sq ft. place in a free state and I'll take my chances with full auto, well stocked above ground, fire retardant and Yankee ingenuity.

this...

That was the worst surveillance/camera installation I've ever seen... I don't believe for a second that someone random stumbled across that guys bunker in FL, started digging, and just so happened to find the generator. That was an inside job for sure, either someone on the build team or a contractor that assisted with the build. Otherwise the show was OK... The guy with the $400k bunker was a full tard making the location of it public, I'm guessing he's gonna try to write it off as a business expense.

Starting with the Egyptians building the pyramids, the smart money has always disposed of the workers in some way exactly to avoid this sort of thing. No different than having a safe installed, a panic room built, etc. You are relying on the hope that whatever day laborers might happen to be working your job are just guys who want to work, and not stupid or malign enough to come back to your place one day when they know you probably won't be there.

Fortunately, most people are generally honest. The ones who aren't just draw a lot of attention to themselves, suck the life out of everyone around them, and/or get their own TV shows, so it seems like they are everywhere.

I watched this for the first time last night. Not impressed. Flame thrower railings? Swinging zombie spikes? Periscopes? Give me a break...

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch this show yet. Have I made a good decision or is there actually something beneficial to this one?

Good decision. The whole thing is like a bad comedy. The worst part of these "reality" shows is that they make everyone else who is taking reasonable precautions look like a flaming idiot.

[QUOTE
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bullseye
What gets me is the 4 ft ventilation pipe sticking straight up, like someone isn't going to figure that out. Yea, that security camera/speaker wasn't to obvious, white on trees doesn't stick out, shoot the thing off. The problem with underground is air, find the vent, seal it and they'll have to come out. No thanks, 450,000 bucks will buy me a nice 2500 sq ft. place in a free state and I'll take my chances with full auto, well stocked above ground, fire retardant and Yankee ingenuity.
[/QUOTE]

Hasn't everyone seen the ending of "The Dirty Dozen"?

It seems like they have settled into a predictable routine on this show. One sensible customer, one kinda nutty customer, and one crazy R&D project. Mix in a little shop tension, and call it a show. It's hard to see it lasting more than a season.

I liked the trucker in this week's show. His observation about having been a prepper his whole life without even knowing it was great. I think that describes a lot of people, and helps remove some of the nut factor. That, and the fact that he was prepping for fairly run of the mill disasters, and not a polar shift or alien invasion.

The retired lady cop wasn't really nutty either, but she can probably see it from where she is. I had to wonder how a retired cop, who appeared to be supporting an extended family, could afford to drop $250K on a bunker. My rule of thumb is that if someone is talking about prepping while sitting in view of a ceramic cat, then they may be a little crazy.

The tsunami ball was cool. I think he is overstating the number of lives it will save. First, you have to buy one, then you have to have enough warning to get inside before the wave hits.

It seems like they have settled into a predictable routine on this show. One sensible customer, one kinda nutty customer, and one crazy R&D project. Mix in a little shop tension, and call it a show. It's hard to see it lasting more than a season.

I liked the trucker in this week's show. His observation about having been a prepper his whole life without even knowing it was great. I think that describes a lot of people, and helps remove some of the nut factor. That, and the fact that he was prepping for fairly run of the mill disasters, and not a polar shift or alien invasion.

The retired lady cop wasn't really nutty either, but she can probably see it from where she is. I had to wonder how a retired cop, who appeared to be supporting an extended family, could afford to drop $250K on a bunker. My rule of thumb is that if someone is talking about prepping while sitting in view of a ceramic cat, then they may be a little crazy.

The tsunami ball was cool. I think he is overstating the number of lives it will save. First, you have to buy one, then you have to have enough warning to get inside before the wave hits.

Did you see the Mercedes and BMW suvs both her and her daughter had? Lol add that onto the 250k bunker...all that on a NYPD pension? Lol wowzers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Go for a ride in a giant hampster ball out on the ocean ? [thinking]

I'll stick with high ground. Seein' as how I'm at 1347 ft above sea level I believe I'm OK. [smile]

Good luck with the giant hampster ball. [hmmm] [laugh] [wink]

Go for a ride in a giant hampster ball out on the ocean ? [thinking]

I'll stick with high ground. Seein' as how I'm at 1347 ft above sea level I believe I'm OK. [smile]

Good luck with the giant hampster ball. [hmmm] [laugh] [wink]

There was an old ZZ Top song about something like this. It was about a guy that built a ball-shaped steel cage, someone would climb inside, and they would drop it out of a pickup going 60 on the highway. The song was 'Master of Sparks', and I believe it was on the Tres Hombres album.

I did say it was cool, but there's no way in hell I would get inside it. They would probably open it to find me on the floor in liquid form.

There was an old ZZ Top song about something like this. It was about a guy that built a ball-shaped steel cage, someone would climb inside, and they would drop it out of a pickup going 60 on the highway. The song was 'Master of Sparks', and I believe it was on the Tres Hombres album.

6cf80998.jpg

Fire up the wayback machine Mr Peabody...

[video=youtube_share;JJpcg0ytBX8]http://youtu.be/JJpcg0ytBX8[/video]

Back
Top Bottom