• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doomsday Preppers - New Show on National Geographic

Remind me not to buy whatever POS hearing protection he had.. I know the sound will resonate some in a metal box but JEESE. If you wanna get rid of the guy you have to come up with something better than that! I could see if he fired before you had your ears on or something but give me a break!!

And the Cousin Eddy "I probably think about prepping more than I think about sex"... I think any real prepping plan is geared around "how am I gonna survive this to have sex again"...

Not only do they find real idiots to play the role of preppers, but they also stage the whole thing similar to the Hardcore Pawn and other “reality” shows. I would not be surprised if some of these “preppers” are paid actors. Some things you need to pay attention to spot – like the guy lifting two 5gal fuel cans. They were empty. No way could he lift them like that if they were full of fuel. Not to mention a real prepper would not buy CARB cans. Of course ammo cans and other junk is already outside on the floor for proper stage. Or the fake laser, gun holding, flinching, etc., during the father/daughter range visit. Other staged stuff should be obvious even if you are blind and a dumbass. Yes let me give my 5 year old a loaded gun and have cop hold me hostage and hope he’ll should the cop to show he is ready. Or let me hold another armed man and his family at a gun point and pray he gives up instead of shooting me or my daughter. Yep – totally real!

Oh, wait wait… my favor part was when he put his fingers into the dirt and blood to mark his kids’ faces. Yeah because show’s producer once saw this in the movie and movie Indians did it, so now I am going to force this tool to do it too. Of course I doubt that even the movie Indians would be dumb enough to use the blood already spilled on the ground. [laugh]

Not to mention a real prepper would not buy CARB cans.

okayguy.jpg

I am not sure what you are trying to say. The face looks sad, but the tag says “okay guy”.

yea.. I have CARB cans... they were $9 for 5 gal at Lowes... they suck but I haven't had a problem with the fuel.. just have to be on top of rotation.

yea.. I have CARB cans... they were $9 for 5 gal at Lowes... they suck but I haven't had a problem with the fuel.. just have to be on top of rotation.

IMHO, part of prepping is smart investment into quality items known for reliability and longevity. Buying cheap junk just to feel better because you own it is recipe for disappointment. Some buy $100 Harbor Freight generator and think they are gtg, others buy $9 CARB. [wink] [smile] Your are putting $20+ worth of fuel, which your life and life of your family might depend on into a container known to leak, spill, off-gas, and let in moisture in order to save few dollars. The fact that you won’t find one on an expedition vehicle should be a clue. These guys know that there life depends on the extra fuel so they buy accordingly and so should you. [wink]

how about the other 2 idiots, where he blew the other guys ear drum out in the stand shooting there homemade IED ahahah

IMHO, part of prepping is smart investment into quality items known for reliability and longevity. Buying cheap junk just to feel better because you own it is recipe for disappointment. Some buy $100 Harbor Freight generator and think they are gtg, others buy $9 CARB. [wink] [smile] Your are putting $20+ worth of fuel, which your life and life of your family might depend on into a container known to leak, spill, off-gas, and let in moisture in order to save few dollars. The fact that you won’t find one on an expedition vehicle should be a clue. These guys know that there life depends on the extra fuel so they buy accordingly and so should you. [wink]

I agree, though my justification is that its a convenience/luxery item. Haven't cheaped out on anything we need to function when it counts... that I can think off... damn it time for an audit.

Any thoughts on tonights episode??
I'll start..
How are you going to buy 700 ACRES specifically for a doomsday scenario, strategically plan your doomsday home and NOT incorporate a bunker in you multi-million dollar doomsday build??

Who has a two million dollar compound and reloads on a single stage with a Lee Dipper? Splurge on a powder drop!

That episode was just well almost unreal I had to roll back the dvr so I could see what happened and I noticed the guy had his earmuff off and his hand over his ear.. So much fail in the whole thing it was scary

I agree, though my justification is that its a convenience/luxery item.

If you are using it to refill you lawnmower than sure some cheap container is ok. But that clown was allegedly preparing to BO after dirty bomb attack. It was a 300 mile trip in a gas guzzling SUV. If they get stuck in heavy traffic or need to do a few hundred mile detour, they will likely need every drop of those extra 10gal.

Those cans were empty and looked brand new. I bet the producer said, “we need a scene where this dipshit is loading BOV with jerry cans, ammo boxes and other survivalist cliché.” So they sent some minimum wage stooge to HomeDepot to buy few cans.

Kind of Liev Schreiber running around 1940s Białowieża forest with modern Winchester 12Ga ammo. Hey, at least his side-by-side didn’t fire 50 shots without the need to reload.[laugh]

If you are using it to refill you lawnmower than sure some cheap container is ok. But that clown was allegedly preparing to BO after dirty bomb attack. It was a 300 mile trip in a gas guzzling SUV. If they get stuck in heavy traffic or need to do a few hundred mile detour, they will likely need every drop of those extra 10gal.

Those cans were empty and looked brand new. I bet the producer said, “we need a scene where this dipshit is loading BOV with jerry cans, ammo boxes and other survivalist cliché.” So they sent some minimum wage stooge to HomeDepot to buy few cans.

Kind of Liev Schreiber running around 1940s Białowieża forest with modern Winchester 12Ga ammo. Hey, at least his side-by-side didn’t fire 50 shots without the need to reload.[laugh]

Yeah, we got our Gennie after nearly missing the walking dead in snowtober... that and the wife doesn't like flushing toilets with a bucket. They're also used for the lawn tractor. I think next big storm scare I'm going to wait at the home depot and unload them for $50 a piece. We also have redundancy for the deep freezer which could be considered a need via a DC inverter that can utilize any of our 3 vehicles.

Ever since the Wise company started advertising during the show, every time they show one of the preppers' food supplies, they magically have one or two buckets of Wise's meal packs. No, they're not staging anything...

Any thoughts on tonights episode??
I'll start..
How are you going to buy 700 ACRES specifically for a doomsday scenario, strategically plan your doomsday home and NOT incorporate a bunker in you multi-million dollar doomsday build??

I haven't seen the episode, but maybe there IS a bunker and he chose not to mention it? Or is the guy a ditz?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure I'd want to be partnered with someone for SHTF/TEOTWAWKI that would kick me to the curb just because my gun was too loud for him to deal with. [thinking]

How about if you're gun isn't loud ENOUGH? [laugh]

Ever since the Wise company started advertising during the show, every time they show one of the preppers' food supplies, they magically have one or two buckets of Wise's meal packs. No, they're not staging anything...

Prepper wannabe's across the country are now stocking up on their shitty, pasty food...I hope they've improved their product at least with all the cash flow...In an attempt to get a group buy going here, I sampled a pretty vast variety of Wise food and it was all terrible - except for the granola, which pretty much no one can screw up...I was going to use their cheesy lasagna to mortar a retaining wall, but didn't want to punish the rocks...

Prepper wannabe's across the country are now stocking up on their shitty, pasty food...I hope they've improved their product at least with all the cash flow...In an attempt to get a group buy going here, I sampled a pretty vast variety of Wise food and it was all terrible - except for the granola, which pretty much no one can screw up...I was going to use their cheesy lasagna to mortar a retaining wall, but didn't want to punish the rocks...
How can you say such things? Even survival experts Mykel Hawke and Ruth England recommend it!!

There is a clip on the episode where Cousin Eddie blows the other guy's eardrum out, showing a satellite view of his ranch. Being a bunch of self-respecting IT guys, we wanted to see how long it would take before we had his exact coordinates from that screenshot. ~10 minutes and we have low flying aircraft views of his ranch from 4 directions. OPSEC idiot...

Back
Top Bottom