• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doomsday Preppers - New Show on National Geographic

That episode was just well almost unreal I had to roll back the dvr so I could see what happened and I noticed the guy had his earmuff off and his hand over his ear.. So much fail in the whole thing it was scary

+$2MM compound and no suppressors?

Watching a new episode I dvr'd tonight and the dude on it actually mentioned the JBT behavior that happened in Boston after the marathon bombings.

Yep, the only place that went unnoticed is the Boston area. head-in-sand.jpg

Everyone else in the country saw it for what it was, the actions of a totalitarian police state.

Watching a new episode I dvr'd tonight and the dude on it actually mentioned the JBT behavior that happened in Boston after the marathon bombings.

Clearly you are mistaken, that's what we like to call 'Boston Strong' behavior. No Boston Strong t-shirt for you.

Clearly you are mistaken, that's what we like to call 'Boston Strong' behavior. No Boston Strong t-shirt for you.

IMAG3906_zpsa7594eda.jpg

I like his cousin Silent Bob, lol.

Not liking the new format.

I guess they do need to choose the nutcase preppers though to keep the ratings high.

Well, anyone that lives in an area where he'd have to park, and then walk more then 25 yards is safe. Cuz this mother ****er is going into cardiac arrest on yard 26. If he has that stupid body armor on, he's keeling over on yard 15.

But this guy represents a new threat you should all be planning for. The "marauding prepper".

But this guy represents a new threat you should all be planning for. The "marauding prepper".

I'm not too worried about that. The thing that worries me is the mindless masses of millions of hungry people.

A crowd of a thousand extremely hungry people would be indistinguishable from a crowd of zombies from The Walking Dead. How do you fight that?

A marauding prepper will come in (comparatively) small numbers, and will be easy to identify as a specific threat. Then the only trick is to kill him first.

I'm not too worried about that. The thing that worries me is the mindless masses of millions of hungry people.

A crowd of a thousand extremely hungry people would be indistinguishable from a crowd of zombies from The Walking Dead. How do you fight that?

A marauding prepper will come in (comparatively) small numbers, and will be easy to identify as a specific threat. Then the only trick is to kill him first.

"...crowd of zombies" I think you answered your own question there pipes. [wink] LOL

Yah, I think it depends on the nature of the disaster, or SHTF scenario. If it is a natural disaster, I wouldn't be concerned about crowds of anything. Roads would be un-passable, mayhem would rule, people would try and stay close to what they know, because they wouldn't be certain of what or where else is affected. At least until they get desperate for food or clean water, at which point its too late to try and trek to the country; where I homestead anyway. People just wont have the stamina or strength. And if this tragedy strikes in the middle of winter, definitely wont have much to worry about from hordes. Even in an EMP or grid outage, people would stay close to home counting on power coming back. Again, by the time they get desperate enough to consider walkign anywhere far, they are already starving, thirsty, desperate.

In previous disasters in the US, I don't recall crowds of hungry people traveling to near by towns. They were all directed to government sanctioned death arenas.

Still, I'd consider it a possibility that you'd need a solution for.

I saw that episode last night with the fat guy "marauder" making "armor" I laughed throught he whole thing. The moron thinks fiberglass mesh tar and ceramic tiles are equal to actual cermaic plate armor. Him and his band of merry morons look like they'd be successful at raiding a McDonalds from the drive through.

I saw that episode last night with the fat guy "marauder" making "armor" I laughed throught he whole thing. The moron thinks fiberglass mesh tar and ceramic tiles are equal to actual cermaic plate armor. Him and his band of merry morons look like they'd be successful at raiding a McDonalds from the drive through.

yeah I saw that. Thay guy was a dickhead. He wanted to just go around and rob people of their goods. I dont how he got on the show. He probably spent more money creating that bull shit armor then buying a set of plates and carrier for $300. dumb ****.

Has anyone seen the UK version of this show? It's not as over the top as the US version and seems to focus less on the crazies and more on people seeking self-sufficiency. It's like a breath of fresh air compared to the "look at these crazy preppers" American version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom