Doobie Harassed for open carrying "two pistols"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, perjury and a false claim of theft are always helpful. Especially when someone suggests it on an open forum. [rolleyes]

Sorry about that. I'll make sure I include <satire> tags next time. I has naively assumed the that "but seriously" part after it would have been sufficient notification. My bad. [rolleyes]

Ken

lol im sorry i couldnt let that one go
It is too a word!!!

nutkick.gif

Sorry about that. I'll make sure I include <satire> tags next time. I has naively assumed the that "but seriously" part after it would have been sufficient notification. My bad. [rolleyes]

Ken

Sarcasm in writing doesn't always translate well, which is why we have [rolleyes] and other smilies to help emphasize the point. [rolleyes]

Alrighty then... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, I guess. Keep us posted on the monetary expenditure of your legal efforts, okay?

Lawfully exercising and defending your rights, in the face of ignorant, power-hungry government agents = "silly games"???

Getting to keep one's civil rights and not have a Massachusetts-style state government rammed up their ass = "stupid prizes"???

Sign me up for lots more of that "stupid" shit, please.

The only money that I can see changing hands in the near future over this would be from the City of Concord going into Doobie's checking account, when a sane (read: non-Massachusetts) judge tells them they violated his rights.

"Annnnnnnnnddddddddd That's a wrap folks! Goodnight!"

I'd like to thank everyone who helped this thread fly off the tracks. I wish I could have been here for the whole show. Nonetheless, I would particularly like to point out the efforts of the Altezza, Dvajda, and the rest of the Sheep Choir for once again tirelessly defending every instance of .Gov sodomy by proclaiming:

"It's ok, it's just a little d*ck and they give us lube, what's the problem?"

Go on Doobie and do what you feel you should. Pay no attention to the Sheep, and others who would let you fight their battles or would leave them un-fought, ascribing their negligence to common sense instead of common laziness.

Last edited:
Maybe this is the sentiment some are trying to express:

“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

So Doobie,

I'm curious...
as a CYA, do you have proof of having met this part of the requirement "he shall notify in writing the issuing authority at his new place of residence that he has a current license. "

As I recall, in defining a "place of residence", it referred to an "issuing community"

That could mean city, county, state....

Last edited:
When you talk to the lawyer, you'll be thankful for this incredibly stupid and amateur move of his part. Remember that $300 in cash you had in your wallet? What! It isn't there any more? And the officers fingerprints are all over your wallet. Seriously, this is exactly the reason that police who know what they're doing always make you take your license out of the wallet rather than taking the wallet.

Ken

I sure hope he doesn't take your advice RE claiming his money was stolen by the LEO's...who were just doing their jobs! And according to Doobie, being very nice about it too. [rolleyes]

Well, open carry harassment (right or wrong) is simply to be expected in certain places. I get back home to my favorite gun loving open carry state of Arizona all the time, but you will NEVER see me open carry in places like metro Phoenix, Tuscon, etc. Just asking to be harassed/detained/whatever.
Not right or wrong since criminals don't as a rule open carry.

As I recall it said nothing about a place of residence. It said "issuing community" IIRC

That could mean city, county, state....

Once again from the pertinent RSA

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...59/159-6-b.htm

II. When the licensee hereunder ceases to be a resident of the community in which the license was issued he shall notify in writing the issuing authority at his new place of residence that he has a current license. Such license shall remain in effect until it expires pursuant to RSA 159:6.

He shouldn't have to pay for a new license as the law says that his current license shall remain in effect.

I sure hope he doesn't take your advice RE claiming his money was stolen by the LEO's...who were just doing their jobs! And according to Doobie, being very nice about it too. [rolleyes]
This has already been covered...

Ken

I have to say that I support Doobie in this.

I have openly chastised the Ridley people for their antics in the past but I see something different this time.

Doobies rights were violated. The cops know the law about open carry and they still felt the need to stop him. He was not violating any law or ordinance. It sets a bad precident. I could understand if he was walking through a school parking lot or any other "private" proprty for the check. But on a public way this is uncalled for.

Does this now mean that every hunter in NH that walks down the road to their car is going to be stopped and asked for papers? This is German type polcing at its best. They routinely setup roadblocks or stop you and ask for papers.

That is what it is going to come to and ultimately the state will fold under pressure from the libtards to go to a concealed carry state so that they can live without fear.

Um, obviously, you did NOT comprehend the original post as this happened in NEW HAMPSHIRE. MA has NOTHING to do with that situation, mmmmk?
I understood the post far better than YOU did; YOU were talking about laws in CONNECTICUT. Then you went on to say:
EVERY state I've had a CCW permit in (three currently) required a fee to re-issue a permit with a new address.
implying that because all three states YOU lived in required a fee, ALL states did so. I pointed out that you were incorrect. Obviously, you did NOT comprehend MY post.

Alrighty then... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, I guess. Keep us posted on the monetary expenditure of your legal efforts, okay?
It's stupid to require the police in your home state to follow the law? It's stupid to keep tabs on what they're doing? "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" means that WE keep an eye on the GOVERNMENT, not the other way around!!
sheep.gif

Okay. You go and have fun with that. Uh, yeah... I always love rolling myself up in unnecessary legal issues. Too many "sue happy" pussies these days. [rolleyes]
Yet MORE incomprehension. Doobie said nothing about monetary damages - he wants to ensure that the police in NH understand the laws and abide by them.
Yeah, "doobie"...nice user name, maaannn... Gonna rip on a bag of Cheetos while bakin' out to Floyd or something? [laugh2] [rolleyes]
And AGAIN you prove that you're an idiot. I happen to know the OP personally, his screen name is related to his real name. I won't be specific, but it has NOTHING to do with pot. Glad to see that you're getting enough exercise jumping to conclusions and running down the original poster. [rolleyes]
I think nothing unexpected happened to you. You wanted attention, you got it.
Objection! Dvajda is assuming facts not in evidence...
Don't start suing anyone and costing the state money to defend itself, because crap like that will make sure open carry gets outlawed for costing too much in frivolous lawsuit defenses.
Really? Can you name one place where that's happened? I think that what's much more likely to happen is that the police will get reprimanded for harassing a law-abiding citizen and get trained better on what they're supposed to do in the future when they see a citizen open-carrying.
doobie,
It looks like the only mistake that you have made is to come to your 'home forum' for support and encouragement.
This place has changed a lot in the last year or so, mostly for the worse.
Sadly true, Jack. Maybe Derek needs to start vetting folks better... like seeing if they have a backbone first. [rolleyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom