Doobie Harassed for open carrying "two pistols"

Status
Not open for further replies.

doobie

Banned
I got my first taste of police with relation to fire arms today.... I wrote this for a free state forum, and didn't feel like writing a different one here.

So that is how the 911 call went.

I was walking down 9 in Concord from Ace/Bed Bath and Beyond back to my car in downtown.

I knew it was about to go down. I saw two cops pass me "investigating", then I saw three more coming down the road after the other two went down a different side road. One cop with their lights on as they were coming. As soon as I realized one cop turned in to the Evertt Arena I knew they were coming for me. I called in a Porc 411. I was just finishing up when they stopped and got out and said, "Turn around and hang up the phone." I complied They asked for license. I said it was in my car. They asked where my car was. I told them downtown concord. They asked what I was doing. I told them I went to Ace looking for a snow thrower. They asked if I was going to carry it back. I told them Iwent to HD and Lowes and they didn't have anything I wanted and I was heading home and rememebered there was an Ace and since it was a nice day I walked there. They told me I was being detained because they had a call of someone carrying two pistols.

I should have said, "Is there anything illegal with that?" But I said, no it's a flashlight on my left and went to show them (oops). They didn't like that. They wanted ID. I asked what RSA requires that. They insisted. I told they my name and addr again. They said it wasn't good enough that they had to ensure I didn't have any restraining orders, and was legal to carry, etc. They didn't insist or try to take it. By myself on the bridge, I didn't want to "accidentally" fall in. I said I had my pistol license as the only ID on m.

They asked where and I said my wallet in my back pocket. They took it out I wanted to open the wallet, but he refused and opened it for me and luckily it was the top thing. I said my current address, but the one on the license was my old addr. They asked when I moved. I said a few months ago. They asked how long ago was a few months. I said July/august. They said, don't remember? I said I bought the house and took some time to move, so I was living at both places. They stated that's "five months, you better look up your RSAs because this license isn't valid anymore." I stated it was a good thing I was open carrying. He called my info in. And then the three went toward downtown concord after they let me go. I called in a second porc411 to say all is ok, but my cell died.

I was expecting to get stopped at some point after I got in my car and was driving, so I did as I would have if I had if I didn't have a permit and unloaded. They were in various hiding places as I drove home, and followed me a bit, but didn't stop me.

Good thing they didn't know about the Kel-tec I had in my other pocket!

Last edited:
Did they tell you to "be a good doobie and have a nice day"?

No, they did claim my pistol license wasn't valid due to it being an old addr. I can't seem to find that in the RSA's.

that seems like gestapo type shit to me.

They were pretty nice IMO. They didn't try to take my pistol. The only thing I didn't like is they took my wallet out of my pocket. And refused to give it to me to give them my pistol license.

Of course I probably put them on red alert by going to showing them my flashlight instead of them taking a look.

I ask this seriously, is it that hairy up there that I should be carrying two when I visit again? I don't want to be unprepared...

I know I will be.... and most importantly I'll be open carrying since they said my pistol /revolver license was no longer valid.

Well, open carry harassment (right or wrong) is simply to be expected in certain places. I get back home to my favorite gun loving open carry state of Arizona all the time, but you will NEVER see me open carry in places like metro Phoenix, Tuscon, etc. Just asking to be harassed/detained/whatever.

cant you just renew your LTC to get past all the open carry bullshit?

Not if they are going to make me pay another $10. I only had the other one a few months.

Well, open carry harassment (right or wrong) is simply to be expected in certain places. I get back home to my favorite gun loving open carry state of Arizona all the time, but you will NEVER see me open carry in places like metro Phoenix, Tuscon, etc. Just asking to be harassed/detained/whatever.

Well I had the heads up and reported it to friends in case it didn't go down well. I was only harassed for <9 minutes; according to my "I'm about to be detained and "I'm free" phone calls.

Thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like something right out of Ridley Report.

If you're completely OC-ing, what's the big deal? Smells fishy.

So besides Concord and Keene, what are the other areas were it's taboo to OC?

It's not about the money...

Bingo... My permit was issued, it is valid until it expires. I'm not going to pay another $10 every time I move. If they say it's not valid, I'm now forced to play by their game. I accept their challenge and harassment; it'll be fun.

Bingo... My permit was issued, it is valid until it expires. I'm not going to pay another $10 every time I move. If they say it's not valid, I'm now forced to play by their game. I accept their challenge and harassment; it'll be fun.

Oh, geez. How many times are you going to frickin' move? Is $10 really THAT much money to you? Save me the "principle" argument. [rolleyes]

Think about it. They have to print/make you up a new license, which requires materials and personnel time and then mail it out. That costs money, you know. EVERY state I've had a CCW permit in (three currently) required a fee to re-issue a permit with a new address. Even my damned FAA pilot's license has a fee to re-issue for ANY changes. Take off the tin foil hat and chill the you-know-what out.

One more thing... I re-read your original post. You didn't have your DL on you? Who the frick leaves their DL in their car?!? Your only "issued" government ID was your pistol license? There was definitely something fishy going on there. You get off on waving your pistol license around as ID when asked for it because you don't carry your DL? Please...

Last edited:

We'll be seeing you soon on another thrilling episode of "Freeeeeee Keeeeeene Dooooot Coooooooom", I should expect! [grin]

Think about it. They have to print/make you up a new license, which requires materials and personnel time and then mail it out. That costs money, you know. EVERY state I've had a CCW permit in (three currently) required a fee to re-issue a permit with a new address. Even my damned FAA pilot's license has a fee to re-issue for ANY changes. Take off the tin foil hat and chill the you-know-what out.

Here's a thought. PLAY by the rules! CT says you must notify the state within 48 hours of moving ANYWHERE. It ain't that hard. A simple email will suffice. I know...I did it when I moved two years ago.
sheep.gif

Obviously, you have never lived in MA - strangely enough, we do NOT pay a fee when we move. Just keep the old license and notify the CHSB, town we're moving out of and town we're moving into. But the LTC is good for 6 years, no matter where in MA we move to.

Oh, geez. How many times are you going to frickin' move? Is $10 really THAT much money to you? Save me the "principle" argument. [rolleyes]

One more thing... I re-read your original post. You didn't have your DL on you? Who the frick leaves their DL in their car?!? Your only "issued" government ID was your pistol license? There was definitely something fishy going on there. You get off on waving your pistol license around as ID when asked for it because you don't carry your DL? Please...
Here's a thought. PLAY by the rules! CT says you must notify the state within 48 hours of moving ANYWHERE. It ain't that hard. A simple email will suffice. I know...I did it when I moved two years ago.

Well first of all, the rules don't say anything about moving or updating an address, so I'm not violating any rule by not getting a new permit.

I'm not in CT. CT rules do NOT apply here. Please don't try to make nanny rules apply here. I did nothing illegal. Except for according to them when my pistol was concealed I was breaking the law, good thing when they detained me the pistol they were interested in was openly carried and the other one was my flashlight.

And Why do I need my drivers license when I'm walking about? It grants me the privileged of *driving* not walking.

You know the Nazi's were big on asking for papers of anyone they didn't know. I don't want to live in a Nazi land. I'll play by their rules. Their rules say I don't have carry my license. Their rules also don't say I have to give them my pistol license. I was being *nice* giving it to them.

Their rules state all I had to do was give them my name and address. I went above and beyond the requirement by providing them with my pistol permit. Since they said it is not valid, I'll stop carrying it.

sheep.gif

Obviously, you have never lived in MA - strangely enough, we do NOT pay a fee when we move. Just keep the old license and notify the CHSB, town we're moving out of and town we're moving into. But the LTC is good for 6 years, no matter where in MA we move to.

Um, obviously, you did NOT comprehend the original post as this happened in NEW HAMPSHIRE. MA has NOTHING to do with that situation, mmmmk?

"Papers please citizen". Your falling into the trap of believing that people are accountable to the .gov and not the other way around.

We'll be seeing you soon on another thrilling episode of "Freeeeeee Keeeeeene Dooooot Coooooooom", I should expect! [grin]

If Ridley asks, I'll let him record a video. He's asked me in the past when I was big on the OC litter clean up, but I always refused.

What is a Porc411???

Porcpine 411. It's a service a free-stater provides for other free-staters; free staters call themselves Porcupines. It's a number you can call and leave a message and it'll email/text message it to everyone on the list. So within a few minutes of me being detained it's possible that 25 people knew I was being detained.

I did nothing illegal. Except for according to them when my pistol was concealed I was breaking the law, good thing when they detained me the pistol they were interested in was openly carried and the other one was my flashlight.

Uh, yeah, you did. You ADMITTED to carrying a Kel-Tec in your pocket that "you were glad they didn't find". Re-read your initial post. [rolleyes]

Good thing they didn't know about the Kel-tec I had in my other pocket!

It's not about the money...

Yeah but you also have to pick your battles. This is one I personally wouldn't waste an effort on. For personal defense (that's why we carry right?)- open carrying is stupid IMO- and that's more important than making a point IMO.

Um, obviously, you did NOT comprehend the original post as this happened in NEW HAMPSHIRE. MA has NOTHING to do with that situation, mmmmk?

And as I stated, NH law states nothing about what I need to do when I move. But according to the officer my permit isn't valid. So I'm going to treat it as such. I'm also going to be contacting a lawyer tomorrow about something I want to inquire about resulting from this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom