Doobie Harassed for open carrying "two pistols"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, yeah, you did. You ADMITTED to carrying a Kel-Tec in your pocket that "you were glad they didn't find". Re-read your initial post. [rolleyes]

I've also stated that is based on THEIR claim of the law. The NH RSA regarding pistol permits provide NO information on the need to do any updating of a pistol permit when one moves.

And as I stated, NH law states nothing about what I need to do when I move. But according to the officer my permit isn't valid. So I'm going to treat it as such. I'm also going to be contacting a lawyer tomorrow about something I want to inquire about resulting from this incident.

oh OK i read you, i didn't know the NH LTC don't not have to be changed when you moved, i agree if the law says you don't have to get a new LTC each time you move why give the state more money...right!.

Alrighty then... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, I guess. Keep us posted on the monetary expenditure of your legal efforts, okay?

oh OK i read you, i didn't know the NH LTC don't not have to be changed when you moved, i agree if the law says you don't have to get a new LTC each time you move why give the state more money...right!.

That's why I LOVE the Arizona permit. Your address isn't even on it...not even your picture. There's no resident/non-resident differentiation. The permit is only valid with another proper photo ID. Could be a DL from ANY state. Heck, I've used my retired military ID card (again, no address), with ZERO issues. It's a valid photo ID. [wink]

Yeah but you also have to pick your battles. This is one I personally wouldn't waste an effort on. For personal defense (that's why we carry right?)- open carrying is stupid IMO- and that's more important than making a point IMO.
Another one who just doesn't get it [rolleyes]

Alrighty then... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, I guess. Keep us posted on the monetary expenditure of your legal efforts, okay?

Will definitely let you know. I'm contacting a lawyer tomorrow to discuss a lawsuit I have in mind.

And as I stated, NH law states nothing about what I need to do when I move. But according to the officer my permit isn't valid. So I'm going to treat it as such. I'm also going to be contacting a lawyer tomorrow about something I want to inquire about resulting from this incident.
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-6-b.htm

II. When the licensee hereunder ceases to be a resident of the community in which the license was issued he shall notify in writing the issuing authority at his new place of residence that he has a current license. Such license shall remain in effect until it expires pursuant to RSA 159:6.

For some reason, this is under
159:6-b Suspension or Revocation of License. –

although there is nothing that would seem to make your permit invalid, in fact it would seem otherwise. It doesn't appear that you have to get a new license or do anything to the existing one. You don't even have to notify the chief in your old town that you've moved.

No I think I do.

As do I... I'm with ya. A simple $10 to be able to carry a handgun concealed is a mere pittance. I know it has nothing to do with this open carry situation, but, for chrissakes, pay the stupid little amount of money to UPDATE the damned CCW permit! Ain't that hard! Right or wrong, it would have saved the harassment.

Will definitely let you know. I'm contacting a lawyer tomorrow to discuss a lawsuit I have in mind.

Okay. You go and have fun with that. Uh, yeah... I always love rolling myself up in unnecessary legal issues. Too many "sue happy" pussies these days. [rolleyes]

They were pretty nice IMO. They didn't try to take my pistol. The only thing I didn't like is they took my wallet out of my pocket. And refused to give it to me to give them my pistol license.

When you talk to the lawyer, you'll be thankful for this incredibly stupid and amateur move of his part. Remember that $300 in cash you had in your wallet? What! It isn't there any more? And the officers fingerprints are all over your wallet. Seriously, this is exactly the reason that police who know what they're doing always make you take your license out of the wallet rather than taking the wallet.

Ken

The further adventures of doobie ...

ReedMalloy.jpg

[popcorn]

When you talk to the lawyer, you'll be thankful for this incredibly stupid and amateur move of his part. Remember that $300 in cash you had in your wallet? What! It isn't there any more? And the officers fingerprints are all over your wallet. Seriously, this is exactly the reason that police who know what they're doing always make you take your license out of the wallet rather than taking the wallet.

Ken

Yes, perjury and a false claim of theft are always helpful. Especially when someone suggests it on an open forum. [rolleyes]

Okay. You go and have fun with that. Uh, yeah... I always love rolling myself up in unnecessary legal issues. Too many "sue happy" pussies these days. [rolleyes]

Not suing for money. Suing for change in the regulation/policies.

I can't believe you guys are having a stupid argument over a stupid event.

First, there shouldn't be a requirement to have a license at all. However, there is.

If doobie wants to buck a system that shouldn't be in place, why crap on him about it? I certainly wouldn't do it, but only because I wouldn't want to risk my license. I wouldn't file a lawsuit, either, but I can't blame him for doing so.

There is no logical reason to detain, question, and remove property from a person for the sole purpose of fishing for a crime.

I'm sure he will and he's got my support.

That's why I LOVE the Arizona permit. Your address isn't even on it...not even your picture. There's no resident/non-resident differentiation. The permit is only valid with another proper photo ID. Could be a DL from ANY state. Heck, I've used my retired military ID card (again, no address), with ZERO issues. It's a valid photo ID. [wink]

It's too bad we all don't live in Arizona.

As do I... I'm with ya. A simple $10 to be able to carry a handgun concealed is a mere pittance. I know it has nothing to do with this open carry situation, but, for chrissakes, pay the stupid little amount of money to UPDATE the damned CCW permit! Ain't that hard! Right or wrong, it would have saved the harassment.

He was harrassed for open carrying, not for his CCW permit!

Too many pussies who don't wish to fight for their rights also.

If doobie wants to buck a system that shouldn't be in place, why crap on him about it? I certainly wouldn't do it, but only because I wouldn't want to risk my license. I wouldn't file a lawsuit, either, but I can't blame him for doing so.

I just want to make it clear, my lawsuit idea does NOT anything to do with this incident. I had been thinking about it for about 3 months and this incident was just a catalyst for me to think about calling the lawyer. None of the officers involved have anything to do with the lawsuit.

My *only* complaint about this incident is the fact I told him I didn't want him to open my wallet and that I would open it and get my wallet out. This violated my 4th amendment rights. Since my permit was luckily on the top, I'm not as worried, but had he needed to dig through it I would have been more annoyed. He did in the end just see the permit and part of my library card.

I understand why he had to take it out for me, but I should have been capable of opening it and giving him my license and holding onto my wallet during the incident.

Last edited:

And that's why it's going to be fun watching stupid people play stupid games and win stupid prizes! [wink] [laugh]

Hey, doobie, since you're feeling so "empowered", when you're done with that debacle, why don't you come down to CT and open carry here? There's NOTHING in the laws that prohibit it (resident OR non-resident), so, by exclusion, it's perfectly legal. Uh, people get away with it all the time. I suggest you start in Hartford, Bridgeport, New London, etc. [wink]

You'll get all the "high and mighty" legal exposure you could wish for! [rofl]

Hey, doobie, since you're feeling so "empowered", when you're done with that debacle, why don't you come down to CT and open carry here? There's NOTHING in the laws that prohibit it (resident OR non-resident), so, by exclusion, it's perfectly legal. Uh, people get away with it all the time. I suggest you start in Hartford, Bridgeport, New London, etc. ;)

Dude what is your issue? Someone wants to keep the Law following the law and you give him a hard time. I just don't get you.

Then you should start do what your lawyer will likely tell you to do tomorrow. Don't talk about any of this to anyone, including on this forum.

Lawsuits are time consuming, expensive and take an emotional toll. They keep you awake at night. They distract you from everyday activities and add significantly to your stress level. I know... been through it recently. I experienced all of this and more, even though most of the expense was covered by insurance and I was absolutely in the right. The party that sued had a history of suing people. This was my first in twenty three years of business.

Doobie you recently posted the following:

my plow I think is hosed. Something is leaking and it's smoking pretty bad. Worst problem is... I don't really have cash for a new plow. As much as I like to have planned for something like this... I didn't have the money now. I'm totally in trouble now.

If you think truck troubles are expensive wait until the clock starts ticking on a lawyer's services. There is the time required to meet with lawyers. The production of documents (likely including everything you have every posted on this forum and others). There is the answering of questions asked by the other party. You have not lived until you've been grilled by an attorney for a day or two in depositions.

And wait until the other side decides to really screw with you with tons of requests that will add tens of thousands to your legal bill.

I know you're mad. I know you're in the right. And I know that you want to make this right.

A lawsuit is all consuming. As someone else suggested... pick your fights. This is not a path that most people should take.

Best of luck, my friend.

Rich

And that's why it's going to be fun watching stupid people play stupid games and win stupid prizes! [wink] [laugh]

I could make a compelling argument that the stupid people who have already won stupid prizes are those of us who have sucked up every restriction that the .gov has put on our rights. Not only do we now have to license our Constitutional right, but the .gov has people like yourself arguing their case for them. Now THAT'S a stupid prize.

Hey, doobie, since you're feeling so "empowered", when you're done with that debacle, why don't you come down to CT and open carry here? There's NOTHING in the laws that prohibit it (resident OR non-resident), so, by exclusion, it's perfectly legal. Uh, people get away with it all the time. I suggest you start in Hartford, Bridgeport, New London, etc. [wink]

[rolleyes] - your funny.

I wonder if you would have had the same sarcastic attitude towards Dick Heller before his "high and mighty" legal exposure.

At least SOME people are willing to rock the boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom